As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    The colored dots on the side of the chat panel correspond to which chat channel you talk in.

Not sure about missing text, though, maybe a bug.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The beta key @Echo gave me let me install the beta from Steam. Then I used that key to add to my Trion account to have beta access. However, when I go to log in, the game tells me I don't have authorization to play. Was that beta key for a different event?

What is this I don't even.
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The beta key @Echo gave me let me install the beta from Steam. Then I used that key to add to my Trion account to have beta access. However, when I go to log in, the game tells me I don't have authorization to play. Was that beta key for a different event?

Did you receive an email stating you are ready to play?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Did you receive an email stating you are ready to play?

I did not. I just activated the key as I was ready to go. Steam says I have 2 days left on the game, though, which usually implies that it believes the beta to be active for that key.

• AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    You know, I love that in open world events in this game there are leader boards. I remember tooling around and getting into a larger arkfall event after it was halfway done and still managing to place second. I will say I felt pretty awesome at that moment, and its definitely something I want to see in more games.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    The game UI is a disaster. It's obtuse for the sake of being obtuse and some really poor decisions were made concerning it.

That being said when actually playing the game, as opposed to interacting with it, I had fun.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    Got the e-mail, beta won't let me in. Someone offered to let me just try it on their account, and they have definitely played it, but when I go to play it won't let me in for the same reason. Says I'm not authorized. XD

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Shooting feels a bit awkward, but its nothing I can't get passed. Haven't ran into any really noticeable bugs and the story seems interesting enough to want to follow. Overall, I'm having a good amount of fun not worrying about a hotbar rotation...

I'm... I'm not actually considering impulse buying this, am I?

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I, for one, am taking shameless advantage of the auto aim on zoom feature. It snaps to target, I DAKKA.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Decoy wrote: »
    Shooting feels a bit awkward, but its nothing I can't get passed. Haven't ran into any really noticeable bugs and the story seems interesting enough to want to follow. Overall, I'm having a good amount of fun not worrying about a hotbar rotation...

I'm... I'm not actually considering impulse buying this, am I?

The shooting is something I've noticed as well. It seems to be suffering from the problem that some third-person shooters suffer from every once and a while where due to the relation of where the shot comes from versus where the cursor and camera are located you're not getting a one-to-one relation when aiming. It only really seems to be a little annoying when using a sniper rifle or trying to be precise with a pistol though.

Also, it seems I've hit maximum story progression for the content they are allowing us to run unfortunately. I didn't do much in the way of side missions either so I missed out on some potential content. As a tip for those who are just starting, don't do what I did. :P

Other than that this game is great! REALLY looking forward to April 2nd.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Hmm, can't access my Trion account because it's linked to a Rift authenticator from my old phone. Guess I'll call their customer support and try to get that taken care of.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    How do you get rid of the starting gun you pick from the 2nd quest? It won't let me sell/break down.

But yeah I am having fun, I have gotten into more weapons like the beam one, explosive launcher and the infestor.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    How do you get rid of the starting gun you pick from the 2nd quest? It won't let me sell/break down.

But yeah I am having fun, I have gotten into more weapons like the beam one, explosive launcher and the infestor.

At the bottom. Delete it.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    Nope, I have a grenade, shield and rifle I can't delete/sell/break down.

Strange.

Sorry mojojoeo, I lost text and couldn't see any communication. Silly bug.

Glad we got to shoot some stuff at least!

I'm rather enjoying my grenade launcher. Got a medigun, too, but I only got to test it against archer hellbugs before the servers went down. Respectable damage for a lock on weapon.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    I just got a rocket launcher that throws explosives out when it hits. Haha!

But yeah servers are down.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I'll be on to shoot things when it gets back up; I only just showed up and it went down.

488W936.png
    I'm really not having my mind changed about this game having tried it out.

I'll give it another shot when the servers come back up to give it a fair shake but a number of design choices might have put this game into the "Not for me" camp.

Any ETA on when servers are coming back?

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    They've been up, the downtime was very brief for a patch of some sort.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I think if you run it through steam something bugs out and it wont let you actually connect to the servers. I have a steam install and a beta install, and the beta one works fine the steam one won't connect.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I found an Orange! I dunno what rarity that is, but the damned thing hits like a truck as it's a sawn-off shotgun. Obviously gotta reload between each shot, but other than stuff in events... Anything else pops. Anything that could survive gets an Overcharged shot.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Shadow War is a hilarious game of Predator vs Marine when you have cloak and the other guys don't.

PVP is quick and dirty and people drop like flies. It is pretty darn funny to watch teams wipe each other out in seconds.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Right before I logged out, I was jumping onto a dock at Murder Island and somehow glitched through it was and stuck under it in the water.

Couldn't use weapons or grenades :/

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I think Entaru might be coming back around to Defiance, UI aside.

88F15F730AC1543F1A639454B160F1F44FECAED3

Though it could be a bit of the booze.

488W936.png
    So far this scratches the right itch. I'll try to put some more time into it tomorrow/today.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The game comes out in a little over a week. I've stopped playing it I think, I've done the beginning part 3-4 times already so just going to give it a pass until its no longer wiped. Cannot wait. Woo.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think I'm going to pick this up. Hotbar MMOs will always have a place in my heart, but it's no secret that I've been looking for a good, persistent, open world shooter for awhile. And it's been over a year now that I've been waiting for Firefall to get it's PVE act together, but they've seem to think that catering to a PVP focused, esport crowd is more important. Oh well, their loss.

edited March 2013
    I bought this on a feeling that it had a certain something about it. The beta has confirmed this.

I can guarantee It will be very solid. If some things come together it could be greatness.

mojojoeo on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2013
    I barely played at all this weekend, because it'd be the fourth time I'd do the early stuff. I'm saving myself for the actual launch. See you there!

Echo on
    Alright, yeah, there's more use of cover than I'd gotten from the time I was watching Echo's stream. Seems pretty fun. Been burned so badly by pre-orders lately though.

Still would like the game to be cheaper then 60 to buy into, but when that goes down or in the event I get gifted the game on Steam, I will be all over this and buy into some of that delicious cosmetic goodness.

I mean look at this:

7336F67FCFC766755C86279D6379C5922763C045

CA84EEC0F7FA52A356EE48F78791BC882BD4E74C

488W936.png
    Yeah, I guess that's a valid point. The more DLC a game has, the more likely it is to go on sale early. Once they hit market saturation for the $60 price point, they have more motivation to open it up to new buyers so that those buyers will be in position to buy DLC.

I will buy DLC after I've become situated in the game and had a chance to sink some post launch time into it; the main thing is just to get people in the door and the sooner they make that easier, maybe to coincide with the debut of the Syfy series, the better for the game.

Not to mention they have MTs as well and Trion is both known for good content generation and have an imperative to keep that pace up and add some free content too, specifically the kind that plays off the show.

488W936.png
    Bugs I've come across:
    1) Some weapons seem stuck in the inventory, won't let me delete them or sell them or break them down.
    2) When buying keycards from the merchants, after purchasing one it moves and another item moves into your selection, but the icon on the top right glitches to look like the keycard (This is how I bought a synergy mod set by accident).

Anyway to report these?

I have changed my mind based on my second play of the game. There's a really great game here and at some point I'll be getting it.

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I can't get a handle on PVP.

Part of it is that I haven't played any shooter with KBAM in over a year, much less third person, nor am I used to maps being so open. I also haven't found the right weapons/perks combination either.

Retaba wrote: »
    Bugs I've come across:
    1) Some weapons seem stuck in the inventory, won't let me delete them or sell them or break them down.
    2) When buying keycards from the merchants, after purchasing one it moves and another item moves into your selection, but the icon on the top right glitches to look like the keycard (This is how I bought a synergy mod set by accident).

Anyway to report these?

Press ESC, space, select settings, the menu where you can log out/exit game, at the bottom of that list of support is a report bug spot, select that, report bug.

I did this last night for a story quest where me and Man of the Waves got stuck in a loop of spawning raiders and engineer NPCs walking into walls.

488W936.png
    edited March 2013
    I can't get a handle on PVP.

Part of it is that I haven't played any shooter with KBAM in over a year, much less third person, nor am I used to maps being so open. I also haven't found the right weapons/perks combination either.

Coak + Explosives = kill generator.

Looking at the perks, it appears you can get cloak up to about 4 seconds downtime without active ego regen perks. I wasn't entirely sold on cloak until I realized that it reapplies itself after you stop shooting. Add the 30% damage boost while cloaked and I expect some hilarity.

Lots of the perks aren't that hot, but there are a few must haves for me scattered around. Like the one that reduces the range at which you get hit by explosives. That will be handy for my grenade launcher. I have killed myself so many times now.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Cloak is easily the best power in the game. They should have come up with 3 more equivalent powers for the others.