As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Javascript causes pages to time out

LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
Something was changed on the forums today. For the last 10ish hours I've had to disable javascript to be able to browse the forums. With javascript on the page just loads and loads and then times out after 5 minutes. I've never encountered this behaviour before today.

Capture.jpg~original
Currently playing: GW2 and TSW

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I am having this issue also, is it possibly related to the April Fool's meta-game?

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    It doesn't have any is in it :(

• Options
    Huh, well so much for that hypothesis. I'll try to report back in the next time it happens with any info I can figure out.

• Options
    Chrome times out in D&D all I got from it was that it was waiting for ib.adnxs.com, and that it ran out of memory.

• Options
    It's definitely javascript. Turning it off makes everything work, turning it on allows me to get to the main forum section, I can even enter G&T. Entering an individual thread causes the timeout.

Everything was working fine early this morning (roughly 12 hours ago).

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Update: I cleared my browser cache and cookies, and now it works again. Please close this thread.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Geth close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative IcyLiquid. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.