As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gearin up to be a [Monster Hunter]

13»

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I just got my first KO from a Baleful Gigginox, damnable paralysis, how I loathe you.
    Also now I need to farm Monster Broth and I'm not entirely sure where from seen as there are no high rank bug hunting quests. Guess I'll try killing a thousand Giggis.

• Options
    AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    I just got my first KO from a Baleful Gigginox, damnable paralysis, how I loathe you.
    Also now I need to farm Monster Broth and I'm not entirely sure where from seen as there are no high rank bug hunting quests. Guess I'll try killing a thousand Giggis.

Sometimes you can get it in high rank from letting the ants eat mushrooms and then killing them.

• Options
    LederanLederan Registered User regular
    Asharaxx wrote: »

Sometimes you can get it in high rank from letting the ants eat mushrooms and then killing them.

You can also go out to Moga Woods at night with poison smoke bombs. Killing bugs with poison ensures that they don't explode on death, and then you can carve them.

You can use torches to attract Bnahabra (the mosquitos), but putting the torch away in time to use the bomb usually lets them fly away. The Shakalakas have a torch mask though; maybe that would work better.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    It was actually easier than I thought just ducking into area 4 of Moga Woods every now and then, the +ranked Giggis have a ~10% chance of dropping Broth and ~6 spawn in there.
    Then I went to fight some Volvidon to grab the rest of the parts for the armour only to discover that they can drop Broth as quest rewards too...

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    How do I set up my friends list on wii u? I got this and am ready to hunt some shit. HR3 with full barroth

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    this looks neat, but also insanely weird

g5CuEPi.png

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    i love the wroggi set
    1rx4UTO.png

• Options
    The wroggi bow is a revolver, it's awesome.

• Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    I am having the hardest time aiming in this game, started using Bow & Arrow and most of the time I'm hitting the monsters with the arrows in melee.
    Because goddamn aiming is harrrrrdddd in this game. But I will stick to it because I just got the set of armour that is exclusive to ranged characters.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Indie Winter has been kidnapped by Chincymcchilla and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

My name is a NUMBER, no one knows how exact
    Hated by many, my banning had no tact
    When I was BAKED, they made me dead
    No apple here, it was in a THREAD
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Asharaxx has been kidnapped by PikaPuff and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I seem to be quite SERIOUS
    But really I'm just mysterious
    I'll give you some HELP, the answers not on yelp
    So you'll just have to ASK one of us
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Should I get this game?

• Options
    Asharaxx has been rescued by POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    yeah its fantastic especially coop

also, 2 brachy gems for me, i've fought him <10 times

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    LederanLederan Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm pretty sure we've killed Brachydios over 10 times now. I have 10 tails, and 4 gems, so probably 15 or more kills. Asharaxx still has no gems. ._.

Lederan on