As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Now that it's all over

2»

• Options
    WeaponIIWeaponII Baltimore, MDRegistered User regular
    Gamercow wrote: »
    Not as much free stuff this year, either.

Now it seems like you only get something if you wait in line for hours to play the game or if you pre order.

I agree with this. I'm a fan of preordering games but not when they're 6-8 months out.

PAX East: My Second Coming - 2013
    ticket[x] flight[x] hotel/room share[x] time off[x]
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    WeaponII wrote: »
    Now it seems like you only get something if you wait in line for hours to play the game or if you pre order.
    I agree with this. I'm a fan of preordering games but not when they're 6-8 months out.
    I used to pre-order games, but have been really let down by a lot of titles that I just don't care about getting games the second they come out. I understand the reason behind the $60 price tag, but I'm not doing that for an 8-14 hours game with little replay value. I'll gladly wait 6-12 months for the price to drop. Adding a free skin for a gun or slightly enhanced weapon doesn't do it for me.

And don't even get me started on used games. Consumer-to-consumer is fine, but GameStop's used games sales are..... *shakes both fists while gritting teeth in a pure fit of anger*... oh I hate that god damn store

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.