Options

[EAST] The OFFICIAL American Classic Arcade Museum @ PAX-East 2013 Thread

2»

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I stopped in this year briefly - didn't have as much time as previous years. You always have a great setup - the room really transports you back. I still have yet to make it to your actual museum - this summer we'll try to get there - it's so close I really have no excuse that I haven't been there (we're in Southern Maine).

• Options
    1badv61badv6 Registered User new member
    First of all I hope everyone enjoyed playing and learning in our exhibit. It truly took the ride to the emergency room to get me away from all the smiling as you guys came into the room. For those of you that got a chance to play Al's Garage Band I'd love to know what you thought about it. I know it probably got played more last weekend than it had for the past 20 years combined. Hopefully the time I wasn't there Saturday and Sunday it continued to work ok for all of you.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm still in the hospital but I'm sure I'll get better sometime. This drug I'm taking for my terminal cancer can cause some really bad side effects and unfortunately it didn't go well last weekend.

So even though my time at pax was cut short and I was fighting through the pain I had a blast and can't wait to do it all over again next year!

Volunteer, The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot
    579 Endicott Street North - Laconia, NH 03246
    The first 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and display of classic coin-operated amusements
    http://www.ClassicArcadeMuseum.org
  • Options
    roserevolutionroserevolution Registered User regular
    Thank you ACAM for all the hard work to bring these games to PAX East. Visiting your room is always a highlight of the convention. Thanks for the extra work of bringing the pinball machines, I played both Flash and the Garage Band, I'd never seen either of these before. The Pinball Museum at the Jersey Shore has nothing on you! I especially enjoyed playing multiplayer on Flash (not just because I won by a lot...mwa-ha-ha!) I'm sad to hear so many bad things befell your crew, closing early was completely understandable.

• Options
    mpsmps Registered User regular
    Here is the video from ACAM's Classic Video Game Developer panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBUeqwAd0u4

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    The room was awesome this year, I really wish I had more free time to spend in there. Thanks for bringing Q*bert down, it is my all time favorite arcade game and I look for it every year.

• Options
    mpsmps Registered User regular
    The most frequently asked question to us this year was "How do you get all of these games to PAX-East?" To find out the answer, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvHz1UrDBfU

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors
    The American Classic Arcade Museum

This discussion has been closed.