As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Google Spreadsheet showing the dates PAX has sold out in the past.

SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of DestructionRegistered User regular
Here is a spreadsheet I put together for people to reference when talking about when PAX sells out.
PAX sell out dates.

IhtGIyi.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sunday did not sell out for East 2012.

edited March 2013
    Also 3-day badges were gone on May 2nd, not May 3rd (the relaunch was on May 2nd) http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22982723/#Comment_22982723

zerzhul on
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I have updated it.
    Thanks.

IhtGIyi.png
    :)

• reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    Great info! Thanks for putting this together!

• Rev80Rev80 Registered User new member
    So according to the trend and plot-fitting the data.. PAX East 2014 is already sold out across the board? =D

• MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    Just curious. Did they change the way they sold passes for East? For shits and giggles, I decided to take a look on Ebay for passes because I know there were a ton for Prime last year and as far as I can see, there are only two. Or is East just not as big as Prime?

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Just curious. Did they change the way they sold passes for East? For shits and giggles, I decided to take a look on Ebay for passes because I know there were a ton for Prime last year and as far as I can see, there are only two. Or is East just not as big as Prime?

It's because of the time. Pax East has started so all the auctions have ended.

IhtGIyi.png
    East is also larger than prime.

• dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    This scares me a bit. Im cruising to Hawaii in May and will have multiple days of no internet access. This will be my first year (hopefully) to attend PAX so I hope they open registration before May.

steam_sig.png
  • pvp_pandapvp_panda Registered User regular
    Thanks! Just went to my first PAX and loved it! Now I want to make sure I get tickets for all subsequent PAXs

• NeenerNeener Registered User regular
    Really interesting! Amusing that the last PAX 3 day badges sold out in 1 (or 2) days. PAX AUS the first, the 3 day badges sold out in 8 days, I thought it was longer than that!

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    People generally forget that the BCEC is unbelievably larger than Seattle- Both are the Real PAX (tm) but while East (and Aus, and Prime...) will always sell out, right now East literally has more tickets... by a huge margin. And it will increase in a few years (They are expanding the BCEC...)

It's still terrifying how fast they all sell out though.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    People generally forget that the BCEC is unbelievably larger than Seattle- Both are the Real PAX (tm) but while East (and Aus, and Prime...) will always sell out, right now East literally has more tickets... by a huge margin. And it will increase in a few years (They are expanding the BCEC...)

It's still terrifying how fast they all sell out though.
    They pretty much sell as many tickets as feasible. I know that some people see Prime as the motherland, but I think just to sheer capacity and numbers East may end up being the more prestegious, especially after the expansion, when Prime is doing 67k and East is doing 90k-100k. Maybe I'm wrong though and content will keep East at a certain cap, but I think that East is going to become a monster, which in the end is better for Penny Arcade, and better for us. The more people who attend, means the more ticket sales and the more exhibitors who are going to pay to be there, which means better content, and of course more money going back to Penny Arcade, but I have no problem with people making money bringing a force of awesome into the world and continuing it.

I updated the sheet with the times each year went on sale, as well as fixed some dates.

IhtGIyi.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Dates and times for the spreadsheet for Prime 2013:

Passes went on sale at 10:31am PST
    Tweet received at 10:40am PST
    First post that 4Days are sold out 10:44am PST

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • SpiritfireSpiritfire Brookfield, WIRegistered User regular

What a terrifying stat.

• rem234rem234 Registered User new member
    Pax needs better control over their selling of tickets. Too often do i see 10+ tickets on a single user in ebay. So many go to scalpers that most people have little chance to get in on it before they are home from work.

Please stay on topic.

• byakuenbyakuen Somewhere in SeattleRegistered User regular
    Except for one year, April seems to be the month for ticket sales. Is that trend going to continue in the future?

♥ Properly Pleased Participant of Past PAX PrimeWest: '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    byakuen wrote: »
    Except for one year, April seems to be the month for ticket sales. Is that trend going to continue in the future?

Your guess is as good as anyone's, but I think it'd be a safe bet that they'll go on sale ~roughly~ around the same time every year. Post-East is about all that's set in stone, though.

I assume you mean specifically for Prime? It will probably continue to be in the April/May timeframe, but there's no way to know for certain.

• sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Did 4-days really sell out in 13 minutes?

edited April 2013
    sanovah wrote: »

Because of the Queue system there is no exact time they sold out. But to me it looked like it took about 20 min until the 4 days were all gone and no more were popping up.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    sanovah wrote: »

Because of the Queue system there is no exact time they sold out. But to me it looked like it took about 20 min until the 4 days were all gone and no more were popping up.

I got mine in five minutes. People logging in five minutes after me were out of luck, if anecdotal evidence is to be believed.

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Does anybody know what the supply of badges for East vs Prime is? I've heard that East has more capacity, and that Prime is a smaller venue. But I'd love to see some numbers, especially as it relates to how quickly these things sell out.

Namrok wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the supply of badges for East vs Prime is? I've heard that East has more capacity, and that Prime is a smaller venue. But I'd love to see some numbers, especially as it relates to how quickly these things sell out.
    Robert stated recently that "PAX" can hold between 75000 and 85000 people. That's usually a turnstile number. That's about as detailed as you're likely going to get.