As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Inverto - experience gravity in a new way

TubeTube Registered User admin
Greetings, everyone!

This is INVERTO a first person shooter-puzzler with gravity manipulations.
Game is ideological successor of such games as "Prey" and "Portal" with a pinch of parkour.
Proceed all of the testing areas as a simple researcher with your trusty GraviGun.
Prepare to explore Escher-esque spaces and solve navigational puzzles by changing gravity direction,
employing body momentum and fighting nausea (only if you have weak vestibular system).
"Inverto" is developed on Unity3D game engine and is planned on Windows, Mac, Linux and Web.
Will be released later this summer. Current version of the game is in alpha state, and does not represent final product quality.

Features:
- gravity manipulations in first person view
- gravitational and navigational puzzles build upon switching gravity direction
- 16 explorable levels
- clean and simple art style

Video

Screenshot01.jpg Screenshot00.png Screenshot00.jpg

Play in browser (Unity Web plugin required) or Download

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Played your thing.

1) The two highest graphics options are "beautiful" and "fantastic" which is kind of silly because one of those doesn't scream "better" than the other.
    2) The graphics are nice but having everything look the same everywhere + changing gravity = I got lost 5 minutes in and didn't really look forward to repeating the experience 18 times. For a puzzle game I prefer that it either break things up into chunks so that I can make progress without having to wander around (Portal's test chambers for instance) or, if the puzzle game is going to let me free-roam around and solve puzzles at my leisure, it should be super easy to free roam - I shouldn't get lost or anything. If part of this puzzle game is figuring out where you are then I guess that's the game but I don't enjoy those kinds of games because being lost for 20 minutes feels like the level designer's fault, not my fault.

• Options
    defaxerdefaxer Registered User new member
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for your reply.
    1). But FPS drops significantly :) I'll probably remove them for now, I was planning HD version with bumpmaps and other stuff, that's why its there for.
    2). You are not alone in this. That was part of a puzzle like in "Prey" for example, but I've never thought it's so disorienting. Looks like I'll have to do something about those levels...

defaxer on
    19055.png
  • Options
    the_mc_masterthe_mc_master Communications Manager for Alina Digital TorontoRegistered User regular
    Added to list of games I'd like to check out this weekend...

• Options
    Glad to know that :)

19055.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello! Inverto have got a new trailer hope you'll like it!

Later this week game is going to be updated. More info about update and game features here.

Game is in active fund-raising campaign on Indiegogo. Read about it here.

defaxer on
    19055.png