Options

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Casual: we should stop letting people move to cities.Thanatos: anyone who lives in the sticks is hitler

Don't let these ideas touch - they'll rip the fabric of the universe!

hell no i didn't say that

i'm just saying it seems to be a pretty common problem wherever i look that schools, hospitals, transport infastructure is behind the curve of our population growth

it doesn't take a crystal ball to see what will happen if we carry on following this trend

build more shit or place a limit on how many kids people can have

pick one

But this is entirely wrong. People are having fewer kids, not more. There is no overpopulation problem.

There is no overpopulation problem. Not even worldwide. Resource distribution is borked in much of the planet, but that's not a population issue.

Trying to get Americans to have even fewer children than we do now is madness. It's national suicide.

then stop yur goshdarn belly-aching pay your fucking taxes and build more fucking infastructure

Did you just miss my above post on this?

Politics and logic do no go together. There have been pushes for rebuilding infrastructure. Some places are even doing it. See my post on how Denver has increased its light rail and is building more.

But huge country, lots of variation plus political parties that are basically trying fight for power not do what is right for the country tend to lead to these types of manufactured crisis that could be solved.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Casual: we should stop letting people move to cities.Thanatos: anyone who lives in the sticks is hitler

i'm just saying it seems to be a pretty common problem wherever i look that schools, hospitals, transport infastructure is behind the curve of our population growth

it doesn't take a crystal ball to see what will happen if we carry on following this trend

pick one

But this is entirely wrong. People are having fewer kids, not more. There is no overpopulation problem.

There is no overpopulation problem. Not even worldwide. Resource distribution is borked in much of the planet, but that's not a population issue.

Trying to get Americans to have even fewer children than we do now is madness. It's national suicide.

then stop yur goshdarm belly-aching pay your fucking taxes and build more fucking infastructure

I could be wrong, but I think Spool has gotten on the infrastructure train?

wonderful

perhaps he could get his party and fellow conservatives on board too

Pfft, expecting the republican party to actually support a productive policy?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i won't drink any liquor that hasn't been poured over a hot girl's tits

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    we should poison the rural areas with the blood of Jormungr so that the megacities can be born

F that. Let's figure out how to properly access the technological and spiritual planes and Shdowrun this shit.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

what makes you think I don't do that with it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Overpopulation and infrastructure are so different that I have no idea why one would be a solution to the other.

I mean, I sort of see it if I squint, but I don't think the connection is as obvious as you might, Casual. In that it isn't really presenting an "unpalatable choice" against an obvious one as it is purple monkey dishwasher.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

protip: always demand to see the pouring and bottling process prior to purchase. some of those cheap knockoffs just claim they've poured it over a hot girl when really they just paid the janitor $20 to take a bath in a tub of the stuff

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZJ8KLA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=API0ESPAS70OH

thomamelas sarks said you recommend this brand or something

is this true

@skippydumptruck

Yes, I do. I use that router at home and have had great success with it. And I use their enterprise grade stuff at work for projects. Their stuff has been rock solid for me.

• Options
    Thom, how went Stardrive last night?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Well...that meeting with his teacher went almost as horribly as it could have. On top of missing homework and a paper that's due next week that I had no idea about guess what else he did?

He forged my fucking initials on his reading log. And the sad thing is he would have gotten away with that had I not been there to see the signature since he just passed it into his teacher this morning. *FURIOUS*

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    this seems like an awful lot of olive oil

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Do you keep the girl in a sauna or just wrap her boobs in a warm towel fresh from a dryer?

I bet wrapping your boobs in a warm towel or blanket feels great.

*looks at dick, looks at towel*

Hmmmm...

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

pick one

then stop yur goshdarn belly-aching pay your fucking taxes and build more fucking infastructure

Did you just miss my above post on this?

Politics and logic do no go together. There have been pushes for rebuilding infrastructure. Some places are even doing it. See my post on how Denver has increased its light rail and is building more.

But huge country, lots of variation plus political parties that are basically trying fight for power not do what is right for the country tend to lead to these types of manufactured crisis that could be solved.

yep and this is what my gripe is about

right and left are more interested in inter party bickering than ohhh i don't know, running their fucking countries like they're supposed too

i especially single out the right wing for blame though because they're the ones obsessed with smaller government (hence less government projects like infastructure), less taxes (hence less money for infastructure) and unregulated greed from the private sector (which results in lots of money being spent and not a fucking lot happening because it all goes on executive pay and shareholder bonuses instead of what it was supposed to be doing)

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    overpopulation is a matter of density, not overall population

we're having fewer kids, but we're also moving away from shitholes

• Options

protip: always demand to see the pouring and bottling process prior to purchase. some of those cheap knockoffs just claim they've poured it over a hot girl when really they just paid the janitor $20 to take a bath in a tub of the stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3aYZSAyEuM

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    republican public transit reminds me of first edition to-hit or thac0

it does not convince me that it's not designed to turn people away

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

I played a little bit of it. I'm still trying to figure out the controls. I really need to find the pause option.

• Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

Overpopulation is very real, and one if the reasons I have my libertarians leanings. I prefer to let Darwinism sort it out than government.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Overpopulation and infrastructure are so different that I have no idea why one would be a solution to the other.

I mean, I sort of see it if I squint, but I don't think the connection is as obvious as you might, Casual. In that it isn't really presenting an "unpalatable choice" against an obvious one as it is purple monkey dishwasher.

we have more people than our schools, hospitals, railways, airports and roads were built to take because they were built 30+ years ago when our population was lower than it is now

not sure where the confusion is here

• Options
    Libertarians

HSSSSSSSS

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Damn synonyms. This was hard to translate first because there's a flag covering up part of the second word, so it could be a ق or a ف, but then the letter after it also isn't clearly visible, but is probably an alif based just on the break in the bottom line. Then there's the issue of "isqaat" (إسقاط) meaning both "drop" as well as "overturn/overthrow."

So it translates to, "The people want to overthrow the regime" (الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام).

600x3933.jpg

• Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    republican public transit reminds me of first edition to-hit or thac0

it does not convince me that it's not designed to turn people away

Thac0 was what made me play Sadowrun instead, I'm gonna call that a blessing.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular

Honest question:

What the fuck is up with olive oil anyway?

Never liked it.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    i tole you skippy

i tole you

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    We should just execute the poors. They clog up hospitals firing out their babies that contribute to crowded wine bars.

Two birds. One stone.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    now buy me an airrouter to apologize

and as a part of my finder's fee

• Options

we have more people than our schools, hospitals, railways, airports and roads were built to take because they were built 30+ years ago when our population was lower than it is now

So kill all the 30+ people?

*hides blinking hand crystal*

0.o

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

That "put restrictions on immigration/births" is not as obvious an alternative to "build more stuff" as you seem to think? It is infact a pretty ridiculous one and the strawiest of men.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Do you keep the girl in a sauna or just wrap her boobs in a warm towel fresh from a dryer?

I bet wrapping your boobs in a warm towel or blanket feels great.

*looks at dick, looks at towel*

Hmmmm...

Time to go do science.

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular

Our infrastructure is also by and large terrible to begin with. Like I'm confident that by the time early U.S. settlers left the densely populated northeastern seaboard, they just went buck wild at the sight of all this land and deliberately put shit as far away as possible. Miami is 100% like this; you basically cannot exist in this city without a car, both because of the poor urban planning but also because of the essentially non-existent public transit.

• Options
    edited May 2013

On schools in particular even if you adjust for modern population density you're still not really hitting the mark as there is such thing as an optimal class size that allows for more student/teacher interaction which produces better students.

And then we get into all the fun conversations that involve problems with under-funding of education and a whole thread worth of higher learning discussion. :P

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
  • Options
    Zephiran wrote: »

Honest question:

Never liked it.

how dare you

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I love when people mention population overgrowth like its a current thing. lol no
    birth rate is on the deeee cliiiiine

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

Honest question:

Never liked it.

spoken like someone who's never rolled around naked with a group of other people in an inflatable pool filled with it

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

Honest question:

Never liked it.
    To some people it tastes bitter.

These people are lesser.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

Super purple monkey dishwasher.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I played a little bit of it. I'm still trying to figure out the controls. I really need to find the pause option.

Press space bar.

The tutorial will at least tell you where everything is.

I watched some let's plays before buying so I had an idea but I am still finding things out.

From the forum
    Answer:
    Space Bar -- Pauses the game
    "+" or "-" -- Speeds up or slows down the game
    "B" -- Opens the build menu for subspace projectors and other platforms
    "Q" -- Opens up ship orders menu
    Tab -- Reveals Ship Components
    Alt -- Shows ship allegiance with an overlay
    Control + 1-9 -- Assigns selected ships a fleet number
    Alt + Left Mouse Button -- Move fleet in straight line

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Honest question:

Never liked it.

Rub some on a hot girls tits.

Oh, and cook with it, you'll get into it.

• Options
    MadCaddy wrote: »

Overpopulation is very real, and one if the reasons I have my libertarians leanings. I prefer to let Darwinism sort it out than government.

I resisted the urge to post statistics

don't feel like arguing atm

This discussion has been closed.