As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 5/15/13: Just pay enough to keep me in dog food and gin

2»

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Bizarro-speak is never consistent. Writers only ever negate/reverse some of the word, which leads to me sitting over complex logic charts and tables and ripping my hair out.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Bizarro speak is the dumbest thing

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Bizarro speak is the dumbest thing

anti agree!

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Shouldn't Bizzaro be answering 'no' to Superman's questions?

Nobody can write Bizarro speak, because it's impossible to be consistent. At the point where you inverting the meaning of all words, it's unreadable.

Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Grant Morrison wrote the best Bizarro-speak in All-Star Superman.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I also got my copy of Boulet's Darkness, in the mail this week. You can go read the whole thing right here, for free. And you can buy a copy here.
    oNmh0j5.png

fgDRJar.png

I really hope this book's successful enough, to get some of his other stuff in print. Because goddamn, that dude's good at comics.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Grant Morrison wrote the best Bizarro-speak in All-Star Superman.

If that's the best, then I don't want to see the worst.

It's nothing against Morrison, but I usually had to reread just about every Bizarro sentence two or three times to get the meaning of it.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Know how when a comic does alien gibberish text, or a foreign language, they have the asterisk and then a little translation,..

WHY CAN'T THEY DO THAT FOR BIZARRO, deciphering this crap is not clever, writing it is not clever, and if it won't stop and least take the pain out of it with translation windows.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    for me the entire appeal of Bizarro-speak is deciphering it

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Well, Superman is consistent in his speech patterns, therefore Bizzarro is not consistent.

Discrepancy solved!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    award that man a no-prize!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    bizarro speak is still bullshit though

I have never enjoyed it

the bizarro bit of All-Star Superman almost made me put the book down

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    the bizarro part of all star is the worst part, but i think it's because of how many people die

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    The Bizarro part of All-Star is a total slog. Isn't that also the only two-part story? I kind of wonder if that's why.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg