As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fightin' gams

19495969798100»

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    what's his trait?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Play my slayer

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Is his trait just damage boost?

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    what's his trait?
    fiyah

basically like grundy gas except it stuns them on activation.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Is the scorpion fuckup still up

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Should be.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    It appears they turned the fuckup into an early release because people are saying he's up on PS3 as well.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Is the scorpion fuckup still up
    yes, i got it after i got home from work

so far I've got a vortex setup that gives me 70% damage if you guess wrong and puts me in a position to mix you up again (though it's not a standing reset)

If I start it from ji3 you will lose your entire life bar in 2 guesses

so I like Scorpion a lot is what I'm saying

• Options
    How vortexy is he

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Yeah, downloaded him off PSN myself, so does appear they just shrugged and made it into his release.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    B:L wrote: »
    How vortexy is he

you have to be able to end combos with MB Spear j2 f2,2 for the standing reset, which is difficult to do and get a lot of damage.

if you want over 30% you basically have to either burn trait (so like 1,1/b1/2 trait f2,2,u3 teleport 1,1,3 mb spear...) or get a deep ji3 (ji3 b1,2 teleport 1,1,2 mb spear...)

if you want you can just do a batgirl style vortex and get like 25% on each hit but it's not worth it if you don't have trait up imo. at any rate his vortex is hitting for like 60-70% which is way, way more than batgirl and doesn't require near the execution bladam does nor does it require such a specific setup if you're willing to trade damage for the opportunity to mixup.

edit: further testing reveals you can indeed start his vortex off anything, but if you want 30% or more WITHOUT trait you need to start from b3/f3/ji3 (which are part of the vortex mixup fortunately), or spend 2 bars and do MB teleport first then MB spear. With trait any stray hit == 35%, even b1. Probably should save Scorpion's trait for vortex. AFAIK if you don't want to burn meter/trait you get pretty crapola damage but if they fail the second vortex guess and you end with meterless you are talking about 90% of their lifebar anyways.

Walt on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Walt I have a lot of respect for how you play fighting games

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder if I should go for a vortex where max is 40 + 20 + 20 +...

Or just do the straight up damage combo for 54

Ah well I should mess around with the Black Adam buffs first.

• Options
    Aris streaming Scorpion

Apparently you can just spam airthrow to build meter, even if you hit a jump in 2 cancelled into airthrow whiff then finish your combo.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    lol DS sword flip invincible on wakeup now

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    It was stuffable before, but it was hard to time. I guess this means no stuffing the sword flip anymore period?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    oh, there was a patch too?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    doublepostfail

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    it seems like he can basically do whatever the fuck he wants, yeah

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Kanoball 2.0

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular

let me tell you about netherrealm studios

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options

let me tell you about netherrealm studios

I knew

yet did not truly comprehend

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Patch notes up:

As part of the third DLC Compatibility Pack update released 6.04, NetherRealm has released v1.04 patch for the Injustice: Gods Among Us video game. The v1.04 patch addresses several performance tweaks and enhancements to online battles and adjustments to key characters. The list of changes for patch v1.04 include:

General Fixes

Added Scorpion Gameplay Functionality. (NOTE: Scorpion character available now to Season Pass holders; Available 6/11 for purchase)
    Fixed issues where the game camera was obscured during Batgirl’s Supermove when the opponent was in a corner
    Human players can now correctly perform a wakeup on the first available frame
    General Online Stability Improvements
    Adjusted Frame Data for Block Advantage on Multiple Hit Moves
    Additional Miscellaneous Frame Data Fixes

Character Balance Improvements

The Flash

With the “release check” option set to “on” in the controller configuration screen, we resolved an issue where The Flash would automatically perform the Sonic Pound special move when he was in the Running Man stance.
    The Flash can now enhance his Lightning Charge special move with a Meter Burn option if the opponent blocks.

Hawkgirl

Hawkgirl’s Mace Charge attack had its block advantage reduced to -4. The Mace Charge Meter Burn is now an overhead attack and hits crouching opponents more consistently.

Killer Frost

Reduced the hit advantage on Killer Frost’s daggers when being performed at point blank range to +4 (from +9)

Deathstroke

Deathstroke’s Sword Jump now correctly works as a wakeup attack.

Kinda anemic. I think there is definitely some undocumented stuff.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    There was a patch! Surely they must have taken a look at Lex this time around!

• Options
    Seems like they want to buff wake up options and give people more options to deal with resets.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    That's actually not that bad, more bugfixes than anything else.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Walt wrote: »
    Seems like they want to buff wake up options and give people more options to deal with resets.

how will I go on

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »

how will I go on

play guilty gear

• Options
    I will say that in the version I'm playing that hasn't been patched yet, wakeup attacks are freaking hard to time.

This discussion has been closed.