Options

[The Legend of Korra] BOOK 3 BEGINS! (NSF-Spoilerbenders) Also, there's a game now.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    The soundtrack is really good.

The order seems a little odd, so I might play around with it on subsequent listens.

We finally Avatar music!

Ragtime is going to make a triumphant return!

Ragtime?

Shameless music that'll drag your son, your daughter into the arms of a jungle animal instinct massteria.

It's trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKID2LRzIdY

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So Doug Walker aka The Nostalgia Critic is currently reviewing the entire A:TLA show (not with his NC character so everyone knows) and is almost done with season 2. He's doing it because he's reviewing the Shyamalan film and wants to see the show first. He now loves the show.

I don't think he's mentally prepared enough for just how bad the live action film will be. I can't wait to see his NC character destroy it.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So Doug Walker aka The Nostalgia Critic is currently reviewing the entire A:TLA show (not with his NC character so everyone knows) and is almost done with season 2. He's doing it because he's reviewing the Shyamalan film and wants to see the show first. He now loves the show.

I don't think he's mentally prepared enough for just how bad the live action film will be. I can't wait to see his NC character destroy it.

I hope he reaches the same conclusion that I did. That movie was clearly based off of the Ember Island players group rendition of the Avatar journey.

Edit: I did a google image search for the ember island players to try and see if I could find the poster. What I came across was a ton of pictures of people cosplaying as the actors in the play.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Also Mr. Plinkett keeps teasing a review of TLA so that should be just as angry but more in-depth.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I wonder what the RLM guys think of the TV show.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Wish I could remember the music from Korra. I am tempted to buy the soundtrack.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So apparently they're airing the premiere episode of Book 2 at SDCC this weekend.

In unrelated news, does anybody want to help me break into Ballroom 20 at the San Diego convention center this Friday?

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that means the premiere isn't more than a few months out.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    So apparently they're airing the premiere episode of Book 2 at SDCC this weekend.

In unrelated news, does anybody want to help me break into Ballroom 20 at the San Diego convention center this Friday?

i'm, uh, gonna stand in line for that panel. you know, without that law breaking stuff.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Man, I hate San Diego Comicon. Why can't they do stuff like that at Phoenix Comicon? Sure, we don't get 130K plus attendance but damn it.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Stragint wrote: »
    Man, I hate San Diego Comicon. Why can't they do stuff like that at Phoenix Comicon? Sure, we don't get 130K plus attendance but damn it.

I wish more big stars came to DragonCon. Sure we do get some great guests most of the time but nothing like San Diego.

Although the rumor going around is we might get David Tennant this year.

wirehead26 on
  • Options

I wish more big stars came to DragonCon. Sure we do get some great guests most of the time but nothing like San Diego.

A friend of mine told me the people from Adult Swim go to every DragonCon. If its true that has to be pretty cool at least.

• Options

A friend of mine told me the people from Adult Swim go to every DragonCon. If its true that has to be pretty cool at least.

Well, the AS crew had a bit of a falling out with DC in recent years but more of the crew is coming this year. Plus the AS headquarters are located in Atlanta so it's no trouble for them to show up there.

• Options

Well, the AS crew had a bit of a falling out with DC in recent years but more of the crew is coming this year. Plus the AS headquarters are located in Atlanta so it's no trouble for them to show up there.

Ah, as far as I can think off the top of my head, the only reoccurring famous person who comes to Phoenix is Wil Wheaton. He has been going since 2008. I keep missing Story Time with Wil Wheaton.

Also, I saw a ton of Toph cosplay this year at con. Not so much anything else.

• Options
    Spirit world print from comic con.

tumblr_mq41m4M8YB1rpawnno1_1280.png

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    That's a

very different Spirit World there

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Well, Aang didn't exactly see the most active parts of the Spirit World...

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Korra is a Disney Princess now?

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    I don't know what it is, but something about the way Korra is drawn versus the way the spirits are drawn...

That really looks like when Eddie Valient found himself back in Toontown.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    pokemon keeps getting weirder

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Book Three: Acid

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Book Three: Ac!d

• Options
    Book Three: Cactus Juice

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    It'll quench ya!

Nothin's quenchier!

It's the quenchiest!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    nooo not my cactus stand!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    So how long until Republic City gets speakeasies?

• Options
    I think they'd have to ban alcohol first

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Full version of the poster.

tumblr_mq55i0MXGc1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    CARROT SPIRIT

FLYING BUNNY SPIRIT

DANCING MUSHROOM FROM FANTASIA SPIRITS

They used to just be giant animals, this is amazing

• Options
    I wonder what they all taste like.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Steven Yeun is joining the cast as Wan, the very first Avatar
    Wan’s story will take place ten thousand years before Korra’s time, and follow the teenage explorer and skilled bender as he tries to bring balance between mankind and the spirits, a quest that ultimately leads to becoming the first Avatar.
    ”To depict the world in Wan’s time, the creative team drew inspiration from ancient and traditional East Asian ink wash paintings and woodblock prints for the environments, color palettes, and stylizations of the elements,” said a Nickelodeon representative. “The results expand the vision of the Avatar world, but also stay very true to the building blocks of its visual influence.”

• Options
    WHAT

I am beyond psyched

• Options
    The sad thing is, the way my mind works, that news made me sad.

Consider how long Kyoshi lived, and how it's implied that most Avatars can live a very long time before dying of natural causes. I figure, if you assume they each get their full allotment, it's 150 years apiece, on average. That works out to a little less than 7 every thousand years.

There were a lot more than 70 statues of past Avatars in the Southern Air Temple.

Which leads me to a sad conclusion: a lot of Avatars die young.

• Options
    I would say a lot of Avatars die normal

And the exceptionally long-lived ones are not the norm

• Options
    Wasn't Kyoshi's age kind of a fuck up on the creators part that they admitted to?

• Options
    earth benders live a long time, kyoshi was shepard and the avatar on top of that

works for me

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Wasn't Kyoshi's age kind of a fuck up on the creators part that they admitted to?

Nope
    MDD : And yes, the Kyoshi thing is true. We sat down and decided yes, she lived to be a really old lady.

BK: You know Bumi lived over 100 years. We had kind of set it up. It's not so foreign in Chinese mythology to have like the Taoist immortals, these characters or legendary figures who lived 500-600 years. It wasn't one of the earliest ideas we had, but pretty early on Mike and I were of the idea that these people with such enhanced Chi fields might live a longer time. We've shown that Kyoshi was a pretty robust person.

MDD : (Laughter)

BK: She's a bit of a statuesque giant. We decided it would be kinda cool that she lived for a really long time and could move islands around.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And Guru Pathik was 150 in ATLA, knew Monk Gyatso, and is a nonbender

I don't think it's an particular type of bender, just really special/spiritual people

You're probably thinking of Roku, whose age at the time of his death has been different depending on different official sources. I think it got officially retconned at some point, but the math doesn't quite add up depending on what you go by

Jimothy on
  • Options
    tumblr_mq5j08B7jW1rogcuio1_500.jpg

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    So I guess "Wan" means "10,000" as in "Wan Shi Tong" (He who knows 10,000 things)

Most likely how they came up with his name

This discussion has been closed.