As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: House of Leavers

1939495969799»

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Fucking game tonight. Four straight games with one or more smurfs on enemy team, two of them ELO boosting a duo queue partner against our team with no grouped players.

Riot REALLY needs the 'solo queue means solo queue' option. I'd gladly wait longer in queue if it means I can avoid grouped trolls, mass reporting griefers, ELO boosting smurfs, or a match against a level of coordination that is by definition unmatched on our team.

This is why I just turned off my computer around lunch yesterday and did housework. Five in a row of AFKs, vs smurfs, vs premades. I couldn't take it anymore.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    Expigator wrote: »
    I just want a game as a jungler where my lanes aren't getting trounced so hard that they afk ragequit in ranked. How can you do that in a ranked game? I gank top, bot complains im not there. I gank bot, top complains i never gank. How about STOP DYING. If i'm overmatched in a lane, i'll head into the jungle for a camp until the creeps are pushed to my side more. Play defensively ffs. The disparity in skill between silver/bronze is game to game. Sometimes i'll get someone who crushes my mid lane, and sometimes i'll get a midlaner who crushes theirs. For a string of 10 games i'd just like even skills all around!

dude, it's always the junglers fault. always.

i mean, when you decided to jungle, you didn't get tath cool extra summoner's spell that makes the 40s walk from top to bot take 3s?

Yeh, me neither.

I take Teleport all the time...

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I have a flow chart for ranked now, and it's winning me probably 80% of my games. I tanked my MMR a bit on a losing streak a few weeks ago, so I'm better than my opponents right now by quite a good margin. Talking 10 to 15 KDA every game basically no matter the role.

It goes like this:

Did somebody ask for jungle? If no, assume nobody on the team is a proficient jungler with good awareness, so I jungle.
    If yes, did somebody ask for support? If no, assume nobody on the team can play support for shit, so I support.
    If yes to that too, play Annie mid.

I think I will keep this up, because honestly, jungle and support are the two roles that are the worst if the person in them is "stuck doing it" and doesn't know what they're doing. Supports who don't want to do it don't ward well or anticipate anything, nor do they make any calls. Junglers who don't want to do it just either farm or try to gank non stop, but without thinking about why they're ganking where so they leave buffs vulnerable, give up free dragons, and just generally accomplish little to nothing, and they certainly never put the enemy jungler behind or counter gank him properly.

I've won like 10 in a row now using this. The last game I just finished, I jungled since nobody asked. Enemy picks Malphite jungle. I go my blue straight to his red and take it. He gets there as it's smite time but I out smite and hit 3 and just walk away. No need to fight and possibly let his mid/bot collapse on me. Malphite behind is worthless, and I know that. I get my red, I notice he's trying to gank mid level 2 for some reason. My cho'gath baits him and akali hard, I come in, we kill the malph. I then go take the big creeps from all his jungle camps.

The rest of the game, he got a grand total of 2 blue buffs and zero reds, including the one blue he got at the beginning. He was level 3 when I was 8. Then I just did what a fed Bear does and just crush. Our bot lane dominated with or without me, so when i'd show up we'd just dive any time my passive was up, and I end the game 10/1/15.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I really should buy bear

The downside is that I would have no reason to quote Mulan lyrics when I gank and those macros took a bit of finagling to set up

There's something viscerally satisfying about counterganking, getting a triple, and /all YOU MUST BE SWIFT AS THE COURSING RIVER WITH ALL THE FORCE OF A GREAT TYPHOON

It's even better in duo where your teammate will chime in with BE A MAN! when appropriate, or if you're camping lane and can be all MISTER, I'LL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOUUUUUUUUU

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I only pick Voli in team comps where I have like a Cho'gath, Singed or something else with displace because the two of you make a ridiculous front line together. My farm always sucks with Voi because he clears camps so slowly that I always just prioritize ganking and objectives over small camps, but it's usually made up for by getting fed on kills and assists.

The secret of Voli jungle is that his level 2 jungle invade to scrap and steal a buff is actually really good because his bite does a ton of damage when they're low and his passive means you're 130% of a regular health pool going in if it comes to that kind of scrap.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    I played Volibear for the first time in a normal yesterday (or was it Saturday) and also jungled. As @Roz knows, I suck at jungling. I even got counter jungled hard, against a double smite + nunu comp. IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE I'M A FUCKING LIGHTNING BEAR

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Volibear sits up there with Vi and Nami to me.

They're just super fun to play and very hard to have a game where you aren't having fun.

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Vi is a purchase I regret so much.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    eeSanG wrote: »

I'm regretting Quinn, which I really hate to say cause I loved her at the beginning. Now I just get slaughtered by assassins left and right on her. Or outranged/controlled by half the other marksmen available.

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    I regret Vi more than Elise and Nami, and I refunded those.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    I regret Vi more than Elise and Nami, and I refunded those.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

I still love her, but damn did Riot try to savage her with the nerf bat.

Edit: Also I'm making a new thread. It's going to be great. :rotate:

Burnage on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Mid is a place I enjoyed before I started jungling.

I like Lux, Ahri, Ryze, Ap Trist and Kayle.

But if my team is just being trash from champ select? Fizz. Fish man is magical and if you play your cards right, you can pretty much erase two people on their team before you get blown up. Whether they like it or not.

I dunno, I used to really worry about team comp and who was "good", but then I realized that 90% of the time, it just behooves me to play who I have fun with because I'm more likely to play well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

I still love her, but damn did Riot try to savage her with the nerf bat.

Edit: Also I'm making a new thread. It's going to be great. :rotate:

op better be nothing but thresh and lucian jokes

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Einzel wrote: »

I'm regretting Quinn, which I really hate to say cause I loved her at the beginning. Now I just get slaughtered by assassins left and right on her. Or outranged/controlled by half the other marksmen available.

Quinn's main disadvantage is that her ultimate is very situationally useful and her range isn't that good.

Her passive and W mean she still scales really well late game so if you're having trouble just buy a frozen mallet or something to stop them being able to gib you.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    lol i own all the champions

• Options
    I have them all except urgot.

Because fuck Urgot.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I have them all except urgot.

Because fuck Urgot.

looks like we found pair of legs, gentlemen

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options