As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Okay I am back. Sorry. Someone helped me with fruit. I just need equipment now.
    EDIT: If any of you with updated shops can open your town up to me, I need a net, axe, and watering can.

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Got loads of Pear (native) in my town but I have yet to see a perfect fruit... Am I doing something wrong?

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    You guys with your 100 million bell sharing project. I'd like you to take a step back for a second and consider the full of scale of your undertaking.

The maximum bell amount one can hold is just shy of 1.7 million. To carry 100 million bells will take 60 trips.

That's 60 trips from the stockpile to the station locker.
    60 trips from the station locker to the Post Office.
    60 trips from the Post Office to the station locker.
    60 trips from the station locker to the stockpile.

If you manage direct town to town transfer you can cut that down by 60 trips but still, man.

More power to you if you're really that committed to the idea.

Me, I'm going with maybe unlocking the ATM in a year's time. Maybe never unlocking it.

And I'm okay with that.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    It sounds daunting, but doable. Most of us already have a few million in the bank already (I'm at...34 million?) so the actual amount that has to be transported each time is less than 100 million.

@Meglish would you be willing to trade a pair of your purple tulips to me? :) Is there anything I can offer that you'd be interested in?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yesterday turnips were at 139, right now they're at 159... Hopefully I get a big spike!

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I was actually thinking about quitting the game yesterday and just donating my 23 million bells to whomever, but a bell share for an ATM sounds like a great idea!!!

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    You guys with your 100 million bell sharing project. I'd like you to take a step back for a second and consider the full of scale of your undertaking.

The maximum bell amount one can hold is just shy of 1.7 million. To carry 100 million bells will take 60 trips.

If you manage direct town to town transfer you can cut that down by 60 trips but still, man.

More power to you if you're really that committed to the idea.

Me, I'm going with maybe unlocking the ATM in a year's time. Maybe never unlocking it.

And I'm okay with that.

Also, the badge.

I put over 1 mil in my bank in Omnar2, took out enough to be under 1 mil, the game turned over from 5:59am to 6am, and did the new day thing.
    Having under 1 mil in the bank, I still got the letter congratulating me on having over 1 mil in my account. You only need to have it all in at once for it to register and count. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that unless you really want to.
    I was actually thinking about quitting the game yesterday and just donating my 23 million bells to whomever, but a bell share for an ATM sounds like a great idea!!!

Not enjoying the game, or just don't have time for it? Whatever the case, it saddens Hargaad to see somebody go, especially somebody who became part of the community. :(
    Edit: (Even if you never did fill out the spreadsheet :P)

Hargaad of Omnar on
    Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Too many other games to play, also I still haven't seen Gracie yet so it got me down yet I don't want to TT until she shows up either.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Too many other games to play, also I still haven't seen Gracie yet so it got me down yet I don't want to TT until she shows up either.

I just saw Gracie for the first time yesterday. About damn time, so I hear ya on that. Honestly, I wouldn't hold anybody to a standard of not TT, especially if there are other games they want to play. Shit, I TT all the damn time in Omnar1, because I don't know that I'll be paying much attention to ACNL much at all in October when Pokemon X&Y come out. And I can't possibly forecast how long that will hold me for, so I'm just jumping all around trying to fiendishly finish everything just in case I forget all about ACNL (but I'll still open up the Swap each day, but with less monitoring as I'll be obviously preoccupied).

• Options
    neuroticsilenceneuroticsilence PDXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    @Hobbes: for serious, complete Isabelle's "tips" for getting to know the town. She'll give you a free watering can at the end and let you buy a net if you tell her you want to catch bugs.

Looks like I'm spiking again with my turnip prices this week. I jumped from 42 to 96 this morning. I had a big spike last week, so I'm expecting to be a last minute dump spot tomorrow evening. If I do manage a big spike in the am, it'll be pm for a good chunk of you, and it's my day off so I'll actually be able to open up!

neuroticsilence on
    3DS Friend code: 2020-1039-6884
    b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    My town is open and shops are fair game. I might be AFK or I might not, doing things around the house.

EDIT - I'm still looking for a toilet and dryer. If I could touch yours let me know.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Price went down to 130 :(

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    My town is open and shops are fair game. I might be AFK or I might not, doing things around the house.

EDIT - I'm still looking for a toilet and dryer. If I could touch yours let me know.

I'm coming over, I need signatures for Chop's Power-Hopscotch League petition :rotate:

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I have multiple toilets and dryers.

...stop judging me.

ALT JOKE:

But you wouldn't want to touch them!

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ApoklypseApoklypse Registered User regular
    My 'nips hit 544. I'll be at work for the next 5 hours (until around 6:30 EDT) but will open my gates once I am home and after I've sold all of mine. If you are interested and you are after position 98 on the player list (or not on at all) PM me and I'll try to get you in.

3DS FC: 5026-4546-0147
    WiiU NNID: joesgro
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I have multiple toilets and dryers.

...stop judging me.

ALT JOKE:

But you wouldn't want to touch them!

I'll be happy to take one of each off your hand, no mater how dirty they may be. You need anything?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Sorry I missed you guys needing clothes last night.

Here is a PSA for putting together outfits: http://moridb.com/ is your friend. You can search clothes by fashion theme.

I have complete outfits for all the different "looks", and if there's sufficient interest I'll organize a Touching Party soon so you can catalog complete outfits. I may have to gin up something else for Iconic though, as I'm using the Link cosplay for that. I'll probably have to replace some other bits that aren't orderable (using the Fi Mask for "flashy" also), but that should be no big.

Unless @Hargaad of Omnar wants to make a "tuxedo rental" in Omnar2. Change into the fashion check outfit, go home, pass, go back and return the outfit.

Edit: Y'all on your own for "Ornate" headgear tho... Get yer own crowns!

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Mrs Jam WarriorMrs Jam Warrior Registered User regular
    Interesting little analysis of tree and bush planting dead zones, for your viewing pleasure.

http://animal-xing-3ds.livejournal.com/126850.html#cutid1

• Options
    MysfytMysfyt silly bookah Lion's Arch, TyriaRegistered User regular
    Today, the Nooklings had an electrocution ("lab") chair for sale.

Next to that was a skeleton.

O_o

3DS: 4167-5901-6785
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Mysfyt wrote: »
    Today, the Nooklings had an electrocution ("lab") chair for sale.

Next to that was a skeleton.

O_o

Someone clearly hasn't been to my basement...

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    So I had this brilliant idea that I was going to collect the Regal set for the main room of my house, and I've almost got all the pieces...

...but I just realized I hate it. It just looks dumb. Ugh. Back to square one!

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Interesting little analysis of tree and bush planting dead zones, for your viewing pleasure.

My brain. Ow.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I thought I said that...
    _J_ wrote: »
    The problem would be collecting all the bells and transferring them between people. Given that the "backpack" storage limit per person is a little over 1.5 M, it would take about 66 trips from the ATM to transfer everything. Also, it would be about 1,010 inventory spots to hold all those 99,000 bags. That part would be a headache.

Yeah, I said that. 66 trips to move stuff.

I agree that it is a lot of work. But for people who really want the in-home ATM now? 66 trips > flipping turnips for weeks.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    My house is close enough to Main Street that an in-home ABD would be a marginal time-saver at best. It's not like the Post Office closes...

• Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Sorry I missed you guys needing clothes last night.

Here is a PSA for putting together outfits: http://moridb.com/ is your friend. You can search clothes by fashion theme.

I have complete outfits for all the different "looks", and if there's sufficient interest I'll organize a Touching Party soon so you can catalog complete outfits. I may have to gin up something else for Iconic though, as I'm using the Link cosplay for that. I'll probably have to replace some other bits that aren't orderable (using the Fi Mask for "flashy" also), but that should be no big.

Unless @Hargaad of Omnar wants to make a "tuxedo rental" in Omnar2. Change into the fashion check outfit, go home, pass, go back and return the outfit.

Edit: Y'all on your own for "Ornate" headgear tho... Get yer own crowns!

Thonky guide for Fashion Checks. The chart is useful.

I think that is already linked in the Grace section of the NPC section of OP...I think OP3.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    So I had this brilliant idea that I was going to collect the Regal set for the main room of my house, and I've almost got all the pieces...

Yeah is it just me or does the Rococo set look way more 'regal'

I have it in my house for HHA challenges, but once I am done with all that it goes away

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Super thanks! Going into the OP.

I noticed the conditional thing while farming stumps. When I did the 9-tree square the middle one did not grow. After I chopped down the trees, leaving stumps, I was able to grow a tree in that previously infertile spot.

Edit: Added to the 'Your Town' section of OP3.

_J_ on
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »

I have it in my house for HHA challenges, but once I am done with all that it goes away

Yeah. Now that I can ignore the HHA I've abandoned most of the furniture sets to focus on one goal: Tables with shit on them.

Preferably unorderable shit, like Neighbor pictures.

Oh, if folks have extra Neighbor pictures, or do not care about them, I will trade bells / unorderable stuff. I yearn for pictures of animals.

• Options

I thought I said that...
    The problem would be collecting all the bells and transferring them between people. Given that the "backpack" storage limit per person is a little over 1.5 M, it would take about 66 trips from the ATM to transfer everything. Also, it would be about 1,010 inventory spots to hold all those 99,000 bags. That part would be a headache.

I agree that it is a lot of work. But for people who really want the in-home ATM now? 66 trips > flipping turnips for weeks.

3 weeks, tops (if you're doing it right).
    Farm bells for a whole week. Should get about 5 million bells (if not more).
    Put it all into turnips. Put turnips wherever they fit.
    Somebody is Turnip Princess, and you sell all of your turnips for 400+. Sitting on 20 million.
    Put all 20 million into turnips. Litter town with turnips.
    Somebody is Turnip Princess with 500+. Sitting on 100 million bells. ATM get.
    (400/500 interchangeable...point still remains, somebody usually has close to 500 some days.)

• Options
    MeglishMeglish SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    @Silverwind - Sadly those are my only purple tulips and I still need to get 4 more to finish out that flower garden. I feel like a jerk saying no but I just don't have any extras right now. If after I get my 4 more I get extras I wouldn't mind trading. In the meantime, if you go to www.animalcrossingcommunity.com and go to the New Leaf trade boards, people are selling hybrids daily. That's how I got my purple tulips in the first place. I think I paid 50k a piece which in the grand scheme of things isn't much. :)

In other news, in my quest to get rid of stupid Elvis, I'm still having no luck. I got desperate and I Googled it. I came across this video so I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you guys know if it works!

Meglish on
    meh.

3DS: 0946-3133-4129
    XBox: Jaydyn
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Yeah. Now that I can ignore the HHA I've abandoned most of the furniture sets to focus on one goal: Tables with shit on them.

Preferably unorderable shit, like Neighbor pictures.

Oh, if folks have extra Neighbor pictures, or do not care about them, I will trade bells / unorderable stuff. I yearn for pictures of animals.

My villagers are stingy! I've yet to get one picture.

meh.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    The Exotic Set looks sweet refurbished. You guys have got to try it.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    I have some fossils, silver watering can, and trees in my plaza if anyone wants them. I'll be open for the next hour and a half.

• Options
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    The Exotic Set looks sweet refurbished. You guys have got to try it.

I don't like how most of it looks, but I did redo my exotic bed with the red and black sheets.

• Options
    Also, I think it's going to be a while on the 10 mill for me, so if someone else gets it sooner they can have my spot. I just opened up the department store and the Gracie furniture is calling to me.... the Sweets set and Princess set are gonna kill my pocketbook! (but I just can't say no to the cute furniture!)

meh.

• Options
    neuroticsilenceneuroticsilence PDXRegistered User regular
    Apoklypse wrote: »
    My 'nips hit 544. I'll be at work for the next 5 hours (until around 6:30 EDT) but will open my gates once I am home and after I've sold all of mine. If you are interested and you are after position 98 on the player list (or not on at all) PM me and I'll try to get you in.

I get off work 7pm PST. Will you possibly still be open after that?

3DS Friend code: 2020-1039-6884
    b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options

I thought I said that...

Somebody is Turnip Princess, and you sell all of your turnips for 400+. Sitting on 20 million.
    (400/500 interchangeable...point still remains, somebody usually has close to 500 some days.)

Turnips can be placed on the ground and not spoil?

Do they only spoil on the following Sunday, regardless of where they are stored?

• Options

I thought I said that...

Turnips can be placed on the ground and not spoil?

Do they only spoil on the following Sunday, regardless of where they are stored?

correct.

• Options
    My turnips peak at 143 this morning and are now at 140.

@Rami - I didn't notice but it was a washer and I needed a dryer.

• Options
    In the decade+ that I've been playing Animal Crossing, a villager has never given me their picture. How does that work anyway?

FU7kFbw.png