As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steak and a Clam - The Art

dipthonggirldipthonggirl Registered User regular
Don't read into the title too much, I'll explain it if you want, but it doesn't actually mean anything. I just needed a title. :3

For my first trick, Fancy Hippo.

2b7f398ddb74557b966e0bb34113eb7a-d57me12.jpg

I'll post newer stuffs laters!

• Options
    MuddyParasolMuddyParasol Registered User regular
    I like it! Looking through your other art too I see you have a real knack for colors. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey, welcome!

The AC is primarily for critique, so when we get first posters, its nice to get a few images to look at. It'd be cool to have some idea of what your goals are as an artist, and what we can do to help.

• Options
    I will most def update with some more pieces this weekend, with a bit more synopsis of myself. Thanks!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    About me: I have a degree in Art from a State University, so I know things, but not all the things.
    I want to get into the game industry, but my portfolio is very much lacking. My dudes are stiff, I've tried teaching myself Blender (ends in tears every time) and I need some accountability.
    That's where you guys come in. I want to be torn down, and built back up. I want to be pushed until I have enough momentum to keep myself going. You're the parent holding the bike steady, and I just need shove until I can pedal upright on my own.

Some of my best stuff came from 3am drawing sessions with my best friends. Alas I have a day job, so the 3am sessions have to be not so 3am-y, but you guys are now my drawing buddies.

Materials: Photoshoop with a tablet, Markers, Acrylics, Oils, Watercolors, Pencils. Pretty much whatever feels good, man.

NOW FOR SOME ART!

Today we have Glinda
    GFmewRBh.jpg

and a WIP of Jack-in-the-Green
    V63Vkgf.jpg

dipthonggirl on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Referencing your poses will make your life a lot easier, and give you more solid results.
    This is a big reasons why your art is so stiff. Take photographs of yourself if nothing is readily available.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I've tried teaching myself Blender

You can pick up a copy of maya from autodesk's website absolutely free for being a student. You'll find it much more intuitive than blender.

• Options
    SeanOliSeanOli Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, but I have no idea how you attach or post your artwork into the thread, any help at all?

• Options
    I've tried teaching myself Blender

You can pick up a copy of maya from autodesk's website absolutely free for being a student. You'll find it much more intuitive than blender.

I left it to install while I was at work, and OMG my eyes aren't bleeding from the interface! I'm feeling a bit better about my future in 3D already!

• Options
    I was once told by a Blizzard artist that a concept art portfolio should be strong in three of the four categories: Character, Objects, Landscapes, Vehicles.
    I do need to work on landscape thumbnail studies, as I tend to go overboard and never finish.

This is a doodle landscape.
    11Nidty.jpg?1

This is oil on masonite. WIP, and my scanner is too small so it's a bit blurrier than I'd like. Points if you can tell me where the landscape is from
    xrUImG4.jpg?1