As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Saints Row 4 Thread: Supervillain Sandbox Shenanigans! Get it August 20/23!

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    haha fraud is bananas now

I'm just ragdolling my way across the entire city

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I swear to god

If there is no cheat to unlock that walk animation from the starting mission

You know the one

I will lose it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    can't... stop... collecting clusters

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Woo, yeah, PS3 version is rough

Still perfectly playable and enjoyable

But not quite as well-optimized as The Third, it would seem

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Are the textures on buildings and stuff supposed to look all fucked up?

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah I wasn't sold on the game until mission 3. Definitely in on it now though.

Fraud isn't fun anymore though. It's too hard to stay in the air, and it doesn't seem to accumulate as much money as it used to.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    it's mad easy to stay in the air once you get some ranks in your sprint and jump (at least it was on the first fraud they have you do)

End on
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    oh for shit's sake did they really take out the Russian voice

I'm real mad

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Ok i'm glad I decided to play this tonight and i've only just gotten to the character creator.

I think it was especially hilarious because I've been playing the Battlefield 3 campaign recently cause of the humble bundle.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Woo, yeah, PS3 version is rough

Still perfectly playable and enjoyable

But not quite as well-optimized as The Third, it would seem

As someone who didn't see the big deal with FC3's frame rate on consoles, I watched as much of the Quick Look as I could before I had to go to work and yeah, I'm not so sure.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    time to pretend this game doesn't exist for a month or so

oh, yeah, I just started up the inauguration station

DAMN THESE FINGERS

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    What the FUCK

The story thing that just happened

That

That just happened, right

Right

Fuck, man

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    how in the hell do I use warp points

because I am not jumping up this damn tower again

• Options
    ThesmileyemoThesmileyemo Registered User regular
    At the very base of the tower there should be a pad that warps you to your highest one.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    okay, bit of a tip from me being five and a half hours in now: do any available character-assigned side missions before progressing with the main story

it makes no narrative sense and actually introduces some plot holes but fuck it because the side missions give you the coolest shit

like the dubstep gun and infinite sprint and lifesteal telekinesis

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I wasn't aware this game gave a shit about narrative sense considering clusters.

Time for me to play a new game though, take a nap for maybe an hour when I have to get up for work and try to not be an absolute wreck.
    It is not a fun game.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    can't stop listening to the
    dubstep gun song

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Oh my god.

Minor Kinzie spoilers
    Romance Kinzie just... "let's go" oh my god, I can't stop laughing.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    The next game needs to just straight up get rid of guns, and go for more ridiculous powers. But yeah, this is so far super cray-cray.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    The Steam discussion page may as well be retitled 'A Collection Of People Who Didn't Get The Joke'
    "wtf why are all the swears censored in the diner did i get the australian version by mistake"

"the radio keeps playing when i get out of the car, bug????"

"i'm getting a bunch of rly bad glitches sometimes the walls get all pixelly for a second and then come back to normal"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Oh my god

That opening mission

oh my god

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    This game is a pile of fun.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    God Damn it PSN update your store!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to need this thread to be full of screenshots of your goofy ass looking characters. I WANNA SEE EM. I need to finish SR3, it's fun but I don't even think I got halfway through the game.

I'm also curious as to what the point of a police presence is when you can just like superjump away from everything. Maybe the game accounts for that somehow.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I played through nearly all of SR3 and I don't remember cops being in it at all, were they?

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I played through nearly all of SR3 and I don't remember cops being in it at all, were they?

I don't even remember, I just know I saw some in some videos of SR4 I saw, unless I'm mistaken. I could totally be mistaken.

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »

Yes

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well, I guess as of the last game it was easy to not realise the police were even there what with all the exploding luchadores and whatnot, so I anticipate that but moreso

• Options
    STAG were technically the police in SR3

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I'm going to need this thread to be full of screenshots of your goofy ass looking characters. I WANNA SEE EM. I need to finish SR3, it's fun but I don't even think I got halfway through the game.

I'm also curious as to what the point of a police presence is when you can just like superjump away from everything. Maybe the game accounts for that somehow.

There are enemies aside from the cops.

This game is really, really fun. I'm a little bit disappointed with some of the clothing options. My favorite shirt and jacket combo from SR3 is one of the three or four pieces that weren't carried over-- it is one of the modern male ones-- button up and smooth leather jacket. And that long coat with the fluer de lis symbols and the strapped on sleeves is part of a suit.

The movement is incredible. The game makes you really powerful really early, but it isn't too easy.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    At some point, I'm going to need to make Gene from God Hand and Joe from Viewtiful Joe in this game.

"Henshin a-go-go, baby!"

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The opening intro is maybe the greatest straight-faced satire of current modern action games since Serious Sam 3

And I'd argue it's better because it ends way, way stronger

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    There are so many clusters! And they are often arranged in little groups that encourage super-parkour! And there's the pistol from Blade Runner! And Han Solo's pistol and the Jawa laser shotgun and the Robocop pistol and those rail guns from the Eraser and and and

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    STAG were technically the police in SR3

No STAG was STAG. The Police were the Police.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    There are so many clusters! And they are often arranged in little groups that encourage super-parkour! And there's the pistol from Blade Runner! And Han Solo's pistol and the Jawa laser shotgun and the Robocop pistol and those rail guns from the Eraser and and and

it's a fucking feedback loop man

getting clusters gives you more mobility

and more mobility allows you to more efficiently grab clusters

so far I've just about constantly spent my time with fifty to a hundred more than I need to unlocks whatever skills are available to me at the time because I just keep ignoring the objective to wander around grabbing them

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

it's a fucking feedback loop man

getting clusters gives you more mobility

and more mobility allows you to more efficiently grab clusters

so far I've just about constantly spent my time with fifty to a hundred more than I need to unlocks whatever skills are available to me at the time because I just keep ignoring the objective to wander around grabbing them

Because you love traversing the world

And you love collecting clusters

Really the whole thing is self-reinforcing in the best possible way

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    STAG were basically feds I think

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    The soundtrack on this game is fan-fucking-tastic. My mixtape is like half of the songs from each station.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Seriously. When the song started playing in the opening I lost it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I am loving this game so hard. The first big music cue in the opening mission made me laugh harder than any other game this year.

Also, if you listen to anything other than Zinyak reading Pride and Prejudice (really well) on the classical music station while collecting clusters, you're playing wrong. This is objective fact.

I kinda miss the bright daytimes of SR3, but I can live with the new redness.