Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    El Skid wrote: »
    Looking back on it, I wish I'd taken the time to min-max my character better.

Ignoring the STR attribute and pumping all the points into the other two while taking physical immunity and non-physical attacks/powers is actually a really good strategy.

It'd be interesting to see if many people went that route -- if that's the case foul-breath + ingest is a crazy strong combo -- like, 98% chance of unpreventable instant death if you hit and your opponent didn't put points into strength.

Though if you have that level of skills you could presumably also Mind Charge + Megidola as well, likely with similar results. There's actually quite a few crazy combos out at the edge of the rings... What frightens me is the number of deaths so far when many people are nowhere near the outside rings yet...

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention, if anyone got hit with a spell and wanted to PM me the damage they took, their MA, and whether they were strong/normal/weak/frail to that so I could crunch some numbers I'd totes keep it on the d/l and definitely wouldn't hit you with devour if I thought you were low.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention, if anyone got hit with a spell and wanted to PM me the damage they took, their MA, and whether they were strong/normal/weak/frail to that so I could crunch some numbers I'd totes keep it on the d/l and definitely wouldn't hit you with devour if I thought you were low.

...well, consider my fears assuaged!

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013

Ignoring the STR attribute and pumping all the points into the other two while taking physical immunity and non-physical attacks/powers is actually a really good strategy.

It'd be interesting to see if many people went that route -- if that's the case foul-breath + ingest is a crazy strong combo -- like, 98% chance of unpreventable instant death if you hit and your opponent didn't put points into strength.

Though if you have that level of skills you could presumably also Mind Charge + Megidola as well, likely with similar results. There's actually quite a few crazy combos out at the edge of the rings... What frightens me is the number of deaths so far when many people are nowhere near the outside rings yet...

Wow, I didn't think about Mind Charge + Hamaon either.

That's a mean combo, stuff is gonna get silly in a few days.

EDIT: In light of this, if anyone wanted to like, start stacking sakukaja on me I'd be pretty cool with it brah

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

No? Unless you can find where it says otherwise, "instant death" is not a "status ailment" - there's even a handy list of them!

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Let me know who to hit. I got fists and heals.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »

No? Unless you can find where it says otherwise, "instant death" is not a "status ailment" - there's even a handy list of them!

I believe that he was interpreting instant death as the Death element, which is not the same as physical and would therefore bypass the null.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »

I believe that he was interpreting instant death as the Death element, which is not the same as physical and would therefore bypass the null.

Yeah, I was assuming foul-breath was everything that's effect% based but that is probably not the case.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Just as a polite reminder, I'm still trying to piece together everyone's actions from last night. I've got information from about half of our players. If you haven't dropped me a line on what you were up to, please do! I'd hate to send the goon squad to the wrong place!

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    So, um, ouch and all that.

Why do people hit me? Is it because they love me?

That's it, isn't it?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    It was Saber and his crew that hit you, LFHX.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    So, um, ouch and all that.

Why do people hit me? Is it because they love me?

That's it, isn't it?

Why you gotta make me do this

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Points.
    1) I don't think Saber's any more confirmed than anyone else who actually followed through on the attack.
    2) I hit someone last night.
    3) I was hit last night.
    4) Jesus Christ it is bright in here. What is this, movie heaven? Where's Morgan Freeman?

I'm gonna vote Saber for general suspicion and voting for himself.

Now, children, let us gather in prayer.

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
    tumblr_m7dt61Ov1h1qakrdzo2_r1_500.gif

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »

Saber claimed the Buddha kill.

Tiphareth claimed the LFHX hit.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    The people who followed through on the attack are not at all confirmed.
    Why do you think the guy who called the attack isn't more confirmed than them?

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »

Saber claimed the Buddha kill.

Tiphareth claimed the LFHX hit.
    Whups, you're correct.

(Link for those that want to peek.)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Keep in mind:

-Saber's hit isn't confirmed because he called it after the narration

-Saccing a member to a hit squad and using this to convince the village to follow Saber's direction for targets would be a very good strategy for the mafia.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Voting for myself prevents bandwagoning.

I know enough people that I can hit squad someone if I think they're suspicious. We still need vote records and people being engaged if we are going to find those suspicious people.

You are not confirmed
    You are not confirmed
    You are not confirmed
    You are not confirmed
    You are not confirmed

Glad we got that down :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Oh hey, someone did me a solid last night too, and that was nice of them.

Mind telling me who you are mysterious stranger so that I can give you ehugs.

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    3clipse wrote: »
    Keep in mind:

I think this is why a couple of people on the squad spoke up - to vouch for him that he made the call (before narration)

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Tipareth seems to be alive still and as such is eligible for the raisin cookie.

Alegis on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    The people who followed through on the attack are not at all confirmed.
    Why do you think the guy who called the attack isn't more confirmed than them?

That's the point!
    Nobody is confirmed.
    You can say that you did a thing.
    There is no proof that he actually took part. There is no proof that he is not mafia.
    Like I said last night, selling out one of your own to make yourself the head of everything is a no-brainer compromise.
    Even if they don't take orders from him, with enough collaboration from the village, one person ends up with every info in a short time. That is bad.

• Options
    Keep in mind:

-Saccing a member to a hit squad and using this to convince the village to follow Saber's direction for targets would be a very good strategy for the mafia.

A quick rebuttal:

- Both Premium and Mill have confirmed that I sent out the orders to the hit squad prior to narration. Unless all three of us are mafia, that's a strong indication that I did indeed stage the hit on Buddha.

- Saccing a member to a day 1 hit squad and making myself visible is a massive gamble that there is not a seer in the game. If there is, the mafia is now down at least two members without the village having to do very much.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Screwed up bbcode,
    Tipareth

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Keep in mind:

A quick rebuttal:

- Both Premium and Mill have confirmed that I sent out the orders to the hit squad prior to narration. Unless all three of us are mafia, that's a strong indication that I did indeed stage the hit on Buddha.

- Saccing a member to a day 1 hit squad and making myself visible is a massive gamble that there is not a seer in the game. If there is, the mafia is now down at least two members without the village having to do very much.

You realize that if *you're* mafia this is in no way a stretch and in fact the limited number makes it way sketchier?

SaberOverEasy

I will believe you aren't evil when enough of your "hit squad" come forward that you can't possibly all be mafia.

• Options
    Oh man, Kime and I agreed about something.

tumblr_inline_mgywu4hsPL1qh2pxo.gif

• Options
    Here's a hypothetical

In a more vanilla game where kills aren't colored, a mafia is killed and someone claims to have vigged him.
    The kill was called in advance.
    Do you believe them?

• Options
    Keep in mind:

A quick rebuttal:

You realize that if *you're* mafia this is in no way a stretch and in fact the limited number makes it way sketchier?

SaberOverEasy

I will believe you aren't evil when enough of your "hit squad" come forward that you can't possibly all be mafia.

INANTP and I had a conversation about this last night in the thread. They know who they are. There's ~10 of them. They can come forwards if they want.

Ironically enough, I'll give you on person who was on the e-mail and can confirm that last night around 8pm I asked 10 people to go kill buddha. Even though he didn't put in orders to do it, TRV saw me do it.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Here's a hypothetical

In a more vanilla game where kills aren't colored, a mafia is killed and someone claims to have vigged him.
    The kill was called in advance.
    Do you believe them?

No, I consult infowars and prisonplanet for better explanations, obviously.

• Options
    The kill wasn't called in advance, your hypothetical is a waste of time.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Holy shit @Phyphor the magic box certainly improved!

I'm going to give a sparrow cookie to Infidel for voting Baidol first, after which Buddha followed the Baidol vote. I would assume he'd be careful not to copycat Infidel if he were fellow mafia. There was little reason to pile on Baidol.

And that's it for my jar of cookies today. Don't fret, I have another jar of .. bad, overtime cookies. Cookies with rotten raisins and stuff, ants have been on them. They're cookies but you wouldn't want to eat them. To dispense of these cookies I use a secret technique which is why I went so far away from Phalla, up into the frozen mountains in Mongolia where blinded monks learn the secret art of sensing mafia.

Invictus for quite an easy pile-on that reeks of raisin cookies

I'm not in a fight team or anything but I'd like to be! I'm leaving to Antwerp early though and interwebs will be limited so please contact me early!

Thanks! It is much better now, nicer to use and look at anyway

• Options
    It was called in advance to like 10 people unless you are accusing me of lying

• Options
    In which case just kill me tonight to prove it because I know exactly what color ill bleed

• Options
    The kill wasn't called in advance, your hypothetical is a waste of time.

They're saying it was called in advance bc several people witnessed the call.

Plus no one else is stepping forward saying hey you liar I got credit for that kill

• Options
    I want to get my vote in now, and something smells fishy about 3clipse

I don't like the saber vote, and he's so...clipsy.

• Options
    Look, here's the skivvy:

-Either Saber is mafia, in which case oh god don't tell him anything

-Saber isn't mafia so he's probably about to get merced by them so his group needs to intel share right now

Either way, if 10 people saw the call, they should come forward. Allusions to their existence don't help anyone.

• Options
    I already came forward
    Why do the rest need to

• Options

Either way, if 10 people saw the call, they should come forward. Allusions to their existence don't help anyone.

So that the mafia can pick them all off?

• Options
    I already came forward
    Why do the rest need to

Because asserting that they exist doesn't tell anyone anything.
    Gizzy wrote: »

So that the mafia can pick them all off?

It would take long enough for that to happen that we'd easily be able to get a good network running around them.