As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon: The Cutest...uh...Veteran's Day

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I finally got a 5IV Rotom. If anyone wants a 4IV Rotom, I've got a whole bunch.

I haven't thought about a non-gym team a whole lot, but now I've only got one left to breed for electric gym.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I got a modest with four. Unless I find a ditto that overlaps Im good.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Man, hatching eggs until I get a shiny is saddening. I have like 8 boxes full of beldum now.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I haven't thought about a non-gym team a whole lot, but now I've only got one left to breed for electric gym.

I'd love a 5iv Rotom.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    A Gardevoir with Trace is even better for ability-hunting, since it's automatic at the start of the battle. The ideal safari-hunting team is a fainted Synchronizer in the first slot with a good nature (you get the 50% chance of nature inheritance even if they're KOed), Trace Gardevoir with Thunder Wave in the second slot, and a False Swiper. Unless you're hunting Dittos, in which case you want some weakling with a Smoke Ball in the active spot to bait Imposter and run from other encounters.
    This was my first setup. Ran into two issues. 1) Trace isn't very useful for hoards. 2) A lot of the safari 'Mons I was hunting had a Male:Female ratio of "better block off two hours just for Wartortle". Hence skill-swap and Cute Charm

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Man, hatching eggs until I get a shiny is saddening. I have like 8 boxes full of beldum now.

Unless you care about IV's, just find a steel friend safari and run around in there until you find one.

It's way faster.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

I'd love a 5iv Rotom.

Once bank comes out Im gonna beg a rng user for a perfect ditto. Then we enter endgame

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    So, what's the best way to level before facing the Elite 4 for the first time? Facing random pokes in Victory Road doesn't seem like it's the best way.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    So, what's the best way to level before facing the Elite 4 for the first time? Facing random pokes in Victory Road doesn't seem like it's the best way.

Leave experience share on for the entire game.

Otherwise you gotta grind

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    behold my set of perfect iv shiny dittos of every nature, vast and terrible

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    behold my set of perfect iv shiny dittos of every nature, vast and terrible

Why hellllllllloooooo

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    we need three more crabs so i can make an all crustacean team

Barnacles are crustaceans!

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    we need three more crabs so i can make an all crustacean team

Barnacles are crustaceans!

But then you would need to endure the shame of actually using Barbaracle.

Crustle is a hermit crab, wholly arbitrary bug typing notwithstanding.

I was going to suggest Kabutops but then I remembered that horseshoe crabs are neither crabs nor crustaceans.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

Leave experience share on for the entire game.

Otherwise you gotta grind

i turnded it off at grass gym, game was still super easy. i took the league on about 6 levels below them and did just fine.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Hey so rage question: do the attack increases go away if I use a different move?

or can I use it intermittently to anticipate attacks and get stat increases

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Water Gym is currently filing paper work to be able to declare its self open.

Soon, Soon.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    oh also, how do I get a thick club

do cubones have them, or do I need to steal from friend safari marowaks, or can I just buy them

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    oh also, how do I get a thick club

do cubones have them, or do I need to steal from friend safari marowaks, or can I just buy them

i believe both cubone and marowak have a chance go have them. but it's a 5% chance, so it might take a while to find one.

• Options
    Ok trainers who wants to battle King riptors ghost gym,
    Just solve these forty two magic eye puzzles and battle the trainer inside it! See you in an hour.

No but seriously Im available. Come get some let me know if I need to add you

• Options
    oh shit, if we had puzzle and stuff for peopel to do before they could challenge gyms. I already have mine ready.

• Options
    Im shocked that there wasnt an optical illusion gym gimmick

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Depending on the illusion, some of us couldn't solve them.

• Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    Taking the Prism Tower loop trick to a new level of laziness. I put a dime under the joystick part so it will go right forever without me even having to be in the same room.

Forgot how many pokemon evolve with Dawn Stones and spent a couple hours collecting 5. Oops, just two.

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular

ha ha, it's a fucking sailboat

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So I took a break after beating the elite four and have been slowly filling out friend safaris and my Pokedex and in whoever is Andy in game I caught my first shiny in your safari! It's a Chansey with gentle nature and natural cure. No idea if it's good at all but hey shiny!

Does shininess breed down? I still need to get to picking a team and gettin to makin babies.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Shininess does not breed down, no.

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    So I took a break after beating the elite four and have been slowly filling out friend safaris and my Pokedex and in whoever is Andy in game I caught my first shiny in your safari! It's a Chansey with gentle nature and natural cure. No idea if it's good at all but hey shiny!
    It's me, congrats!

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Crustle is a hermit crab, wholly arbitrary bug typing notwithstanding.

Arbitrary bug typings definitely don't count. Shuckle is a turtle and nothing will ever change that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I've discovered that not turning off exp share isn't what makes the game too easy, it's not changing the battle type to set

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I've taken to leaving it on Switch for normal trainer battles, since they're a joke anyway and I'd rather spread experience around more easily/not have to waste a bunch more money on healing items, but I've been self-imposing set rules for gym leaders and rival battles and such for at least the last two gens. (X/Y are still easy though.)

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Hooray, my team is finally bred, now I can start EV training.
    Had to make a quick last minute switch as I couldn't be bothered going through all the steps to get Baton Pass from Ninjask to Gligar whilst keeping the good IVs + hidden ability from the traded one I snagged.

It'll have to do! Yay, adequate!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Yay I beat the game.

My third in the friend safari is heracross. So I got that, butterfree and lumiose if anybody needs those. Friend code 3282-1850-1742 if anybody needs those and if @Rorus Raz can add me to the OP, please.

I will now be adding OP peeps to get sweet, sweet friend safaris,

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »

ha ha, it's a fucking sailboat

looks like a schooner to me

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Okay, I have got the gym entries in for Melding, Yukira, Speed Racer, King Riptor, Big Red Tie, Anialos and Arch.

Which means I still need gym entries from @Treagy @Beasteh @Anzekay @Peewi @Fightingfilipino @Nirya @Stilts @Rorus Raz @PaperLuigi44 @Huntera and @Crimson King

Or quite possibly that I have misplaced they info that they sent me, I sort of ran into an organization kerfuffle. This post isn't meant to put a flame under anyone's butt, its mostly just to make sure I have compiled all the existing information that is out there so far.

I am going to try to dig back up challenger information but I am pretty sure that I have misplaced that pretty thoroughly at this point, so if people want to resend me there challenger teams that would be great.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Totally going to do a sound or Under da Sea gym at some point

Maybe

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    @king riptor all the ivysaurs I caught are male

do you want me to toss you a male one to try to breed the female since female starters is an ordeal or

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    oh hey I also noticed the manectric I caught from safari is already modest

I should check his IVs

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    @Inquisitor I have almost finished training my fourth grass dude, getting some of the items I want will be a pain but I'm getting there.

• Options
    oh wow its IVs are really bad for what it wants to do

will rebreed later

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i havent really been playing because of work and raiding in wow so ill probably be ready closer to the end of the month

This discussion has been closed.