As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragon's Dogma] - Deep Down Under

1979899100101103»

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    It's an excellent starting class. After you get your pawn make a trip back to Cassardis to do the "Find Quina" quest.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I've done that one!

• Options
    There is a mission in the well and the priest at the church at Cassardis might need something. Pablos needed help with a thief.

If that's done then proceed to accompany Ser Mercedes.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I've actually gotten to the big city and have done three out of four quests for the wurm hunt duder

• Options
    Ok. Visit Alon at the quarry so you can buy Berserk armors if you are interested.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Using many classes is generally encouraged. Even your favourite can be improved by the rest.

• Options
    Is it best to max the Strider class first before I switch? Can I use the abilities of other classes as a Strider?

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Only some abilities carry over between classes. Definitely switch often though. You don't want to find out later that another class will be better for your situation and realize you are at a disadvantage because you haven't leveled it at all (which I totally did).

Also, I don't know what thread I asked in but it clearly wasn't this one: does Dark Arisen have only that one opening song now? I miss the rock song! Got this through PS+ but had played vanilla on 360. I need to find a "get everything" guide cuz I already did this once before and don't need to worry about spoilers.

• Options
    Yeah, no Into Free in Dark Arisen.

Higher vocation-ranks take longer to unlock, so might as well grab some of the lower hanging fruits.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Yeah, no Into Free in Dark Arisen.

:o

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Is it best to max the Strider class first before I switch? Can I use the abilities of other classes as a Strider?

Frequent switching is a pretty good idea. Depending on what your character's physical build is like, there are a few skills you'll want early that either make you faster or increase your carry weight, but what class does what is generally pretty straightforward.

Honestly for a lot of the boss-type monsters it's not so much having the right class leveled to fight them as it is knowing how to fight them, at least until you get into BBI stuff.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    It's an excellent starting class. After you get your pawn make a trip back to Cassardis to do the "Find Quina" quest.

I am getting my shit absolutely wrecked by the bandits on the way to this quest. Is there something I'm missing or am I just still not good at the combat?

• Options
    Welcome. It gets better.

You don't need to fight them, though. You can always leg it.

• Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    It's completely normal. They are pretty hard at the beginning. You can try running past them and just getting to the zone transition into the forest.

• Options
    If you find yourself overwhelmed by a powerful opponent, there is no shame in running away

Haha, here's a fucking dragon fool, have fun

Oh you're running away from it? You just failed this ambush quest and it will forever be a blot on your permanent record you pussy

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Someone needs to make a new thread!

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.