As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shooter is back on LoSH!

jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid?NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
edited September 2007 in Graphic Violence
tOkYVT2.jpg
jkylefulton on

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That's cool

Man, he was 14 when he got the gig way back when. That's a dream job

Algertman on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2007
    Holy shit, I thought he was dead.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Holy shit, I thought he was dead.

Nope, but he was black listed for a long time

Algertman on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Francis Manapul and now Jim Shooter?

If that doesn't get some of you people to buy Legion, I don't know what will.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So apparently there was a webpage up for a little bit that had Legionnaire profiles, as written by Jim Shooter, that has recently been taken down. This one focusing on Dream Girl is both hilarious and disturbing. It's hilaristurbing!
    Dream Girl is dumb. Her power is more or less hit or miss in value (though it is always accurate) and I'm sure her main service to the Legion is in her quarters after dark. She needs constant reassurance of her value, and since her Legion career has been less than stellar, the only way to get psychologically stroked is to allow herself to be physically stroked. By anybody. She has a need for love, adoration and reinforcement of her narcissistic self-image. Star Boy is either too dumb to realize this, or has resigned himself to it. His most fervent wish is to get her off to some godforsaken observatory somewhere, alone. Forever.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    that is great

Algertman on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    I love Jim Shooter. Google some interviews with him sometime. It really sounds like he was blacklisted essentially for thinking superhero comics should be produced for a wide audience instead of die-hard fans, and for wanting his creators to produce work consistently from month to month. They booted his ass out and now we have bestselling titles at what would have been cancellation levels in 1990, and six issue series that take three years to come out. Good job, comics. Good job.

Jacobkosh on