As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Selling a Warhammer army

GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
So, A buddy of mine was looking to make some money and clear space in his basement by selling off some of his warhammer fantasy battle and/or Warhammer 40k stuff, and while we were able to guesstimate a price on his Tau and ogres, his orc army is rather... extensive and as such I thought it would be a good idea to see what some folks who were more knowledgeable might think was a good price.

He has:
20 spider riders on sprue
20 night goblins on sprue
3 fanatics on sprue
19 orcs on sprue
15 black orcs on sprue
1 wyvern with warboss
8 savage orcs
100 night goblins
2 night goblin shamans
48 boys
14 bow boys
1 boss
1 savage orc shaman
19 black orcs
2 warboss on boar
1 goblin shaman
2 boar chariots
2 spear chuckas
1 goblin doom diver
10 wolf riders
10 spider riders
3 fanatics
1 Skarsnik and gobbla.

The models are a mix of painted, unpainted and just base coated, but they're all in pretty good condition and there is a hell of a lot of them.

The question I need to ask is, how much should he be asking for them?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I don't know prices or current value of WH fantasy stuff, but you may want to post this in the Critical Failures forum. There should be a thread for Warhammer fantasy that would be happy to help out.

• Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    Your best bet is probably to check ebay and see what the going rate is. It'll be easiest to assess that for the unpainted models, but the rate for painted will depend both on the quality of the paint job and quality images that can show off that paint job. Then you'll have to decide whether to sell in a big bundle or piecemeal.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Do you have a photograph of said army charging towards the camera and/or taking over a kitchen complete with conquest over a cereal box?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Mix of painted and unpainted, some on sprue some not... Quite a bit of that sounds like the plastics from the beginner's sets. It's not worth nearly as much as you probably think. I'd look around on ebay, and, assuming no surprises, throw it up for $100 and just see how high bidders drive it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    I buy and sell all the time.

If it's New on sprue, it's worth about 70-80% MSRP
    If it's assembled but bare plastic 60-75%
    If it's assembled and primed 60-75%
    If it's assembled and painted but not globs of paint 50-70%
    If it's assembled and painted by a child 30-50%

Anything broken/missing is an easy further 20% off. The more you sell at once the further the value as a lot falls.

Generally anything over 300-500 dollars that isn't all primed the same color or bare plastic you should expect 25-40% MSRP as a lot. If you want to break it down into smaller lots, you can generally get the pricing I listed above. Items that are more desired and less desired obviously may exceed the general pricing band I listed above.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.