As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Online D&D: What programs are available?

WeZilWeZil Registered User regular
edited October 2006 in Critical Failures
I'm looking to get a program of some sorts for, you guessed it, playing tabletop D&D online. I'm going to be moving soon, as are most of my friends, and we'd like to continue to play tabletop over the internet. However, we're having trouble finding a good program.

We know about OpenRPG, just... None of us really like the interface. We find it kind of clunky and a bit easy to muss up. We'll use it if we have to, but really, we want to know what our options are before we make any decisions. However, we're not sure where to start looking for them, though.

Do you guys know of any good Online Tabletop systems? Ideally one with D&D 3.5 support, exclusively or otherwise.

WeZil on

• Options
    DuoDuo Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I really like RPTools.

They have a really nice virtual table top, and a few other utilites too.

Duo on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Duo wrote:
    I really like RPTools.

That looks awesome.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073834057

Theres already a nice thread going about this. Quite a few good ones in there.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    WeZilWeZil Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Duo wrote:
    I really like RPTools.

And yet my Firewall is cockblocking me. Is there a guide to get it to function? Because this would work perfectly for me and my friend.

WeZil on
  • Options
    herucaheruca Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    WeZil, have you taken a look at Battlegrounds? If not, check out the link in my sig.

Also, on my site's Links & Resources page is a list of all the virtual tabletop programs. There are over 30, so you should be able to find something that suits your needs.

heruca on
    Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is new virtual tabletop software for both Macs and Windows PCs that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use, and has useful features like Fog of War. For more information, please visit http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    WeZil wrote:
    Duo wrote:
    I really like RPTools.

And yet my Firewall is cockblocking me. Is there a guide to get it to function? Because this would work perfectly for me and my friend.

Do the words port forwarding mean anything to you?

First place I'd look.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think this thread wins. :P

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.