As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BROBA] Solve world hunger. Never stop feeding.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the three physical items that were nerfed were all must buys on almost every physical god, especially quinn's

the first bit means that the gold count and whatnot of enemies will be hidden from the tab screen until someone on your team actually sees them

and presumably only updates when someone on your team sees them

it already works that way for their item builds

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I played SMITE tonight!

I needed 3 updates!

Chaak is neat!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    On the main in-game UI, enemy levels only update when you see them, so basically they're making the scoreboard match that functionality because it's kinda silly for UI elements to work differently like that.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Oh as for changes

Can I bring back the arrow? I don't like the new crosshair

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    I want to see Smite add Paul Bunyan.

Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    Can I bring back the arrow? I don't like the new crosshair
    Yeah, it's in the options somewhere. You can also check for a new camera mode that fixes your pitch so you don't look up into the heavens whenever you need to aim a skill farther away (this will be on by default tomorrow)

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    When is Nanook getting added to Smite?

broken image link
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Also Lil B.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    I played SMITE tonight!

I needed 3 updates!

Chaak is neat!

just in time for another patch!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I played SMITE tonight!

I needed 3 updates!

Chaak is neat!

just in time for another patch!

And another one next week, if I was listening to the stream right.

With possibly more Merc nerfs that they're testing.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    Feeling like being placed in silver three was a mistake. Got owned two games in a row tonight and fed like crazy. dumb mistakes over and over. maybe tomorrow I'll do better.

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    probably just having an off day, dude

the best response to a nasty losing streak is a break

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I was gonna play DOTA tonight but then I couldn't connect to any servers :(

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    probably just having an off day, dude

the best response to a nasty losing streak is ARAM

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    SKT T1 vs. KT Bullets is starting.

The crowd is RIDICULOUSLY hype, and Monte just dropped a bit of esports history on us about how this is the biggest esports rivalry in Korea, going back like a decade through various games, with the two teams' sponsors being the biggest telecommunication businesses in the country.

This set is going to be awesome.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So I didn't even know that Tencent owned Riot.

Clearly we've found the source behind all the Sun Wukongs in mobas.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Insec and Mafa performing the rarely seen LoL alley-oop.

Lee Sin kick into Alistar (flash) pulverize.

It was pretty incredible.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

They own a large piece of them, as they bought out the original VC's, but most of the ownership is still with Ryze/Trynd. The Trynd AMA recently clarified that.

• Options
    Yeah I mean it makes sense wukong is in all of them since he's a big deal in that part of the world

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    smite patch is live

Two Hunter builds I want to mess with after the Qin's nerf:

1) Death's Toll -> Tabi 1 -> Devourer's Gloves -> Warrior Tabi -> Qin's -> Rage -> Deathbringer -> Titan's
    2) Death's Toll -> Tabi 1 -> Heartseeker -> Bloodforge -> Warrior Tabi -> Qin's -> Rage/Titan's/Deathbringer (2 of 3)

I feel like Heartseeker is really important for early trading, but Devourer's Gloves is a much better lifesteal item than Bloodforge. I don't think Heartseeker + Devourer's Gloves is practical; too much stacking, and stacking too far into the midgame.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

They own a large piece of them, as they bought out the original VC's, but most of the ownership is still with Ryze/Trynd. The Trynd AMA recently clarified that.

This really surprises me given that all the news around the time made it sound like it was a majority stake; the first news article I could pull up said that they invested $400M, which valued Riot at ~$480M, indicating a clear majority stake. I also can't find anything in the AMA regarding Tencent or ownership with Ryze, and Wikipedia has a sourced link saying it was a majority share purchase. Do you actually have a link to Tryndamere saying that he Tencent doesn't have majority control?

Also as much as the "Chinese Wukong" theory is neat, I think the only one with a specifically large Chinese scene is DotA, and it's currently only at "Wu-Kong is confirmed and in the game as an overpowered secret boss" right now. And I guess League got Wukong after being bought out entirely by Tencent, but I think it's more just that he's a cool character than anything being specifically Chinese about him.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Yeah I mean it makes sense wukong is in all of them since he's a big deal in that part of the world

Wukong was in LoL way before Tencent bought any part of them, I think.

I'm pretty sure he goes back to the Monkey King Bar item that used to be in the WCIII DotA.... and somebody finally went "welp, if his staff is in already..."

• Options
    some datamining!

new character cards, including the gold version of the hades skin that the chinese version got as its default

http://imgur.com/a/oQlDt

and some placeholder icons for Geb, Nemesis, and those potions hi-rez were testing

http://imgur.com/a/DwS8z

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he goes back to the Monkey King Bar item that used to be in the WCIII DotA.... and somebody finally went "welp, if his staff is in already..."

Nope. Tencent bought in early 2011, Wukong was released mid-late 2011.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    jesus this patch broke my everything

I patched, and then had to reinstall, and now that I have, it wants to download a patch again, and god damn it all

I'm not going to have time to play until tonight but I had hoped to at least get it patched and ready before going out the door

and that seemed reasonable at the time since I had two hours to spare when I started

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »

considering the lead time of champion development is like 8 months, its easy to say he was in the works well before tencent got invovled

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    To clarify, I meant that it would be a good way to get a toehold in that region, not that tencent made them do it

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

considering the lead time of champion development is like 8 months, its easy to say he was in the works well before tencent got invovled

Tencent was also one of the major investors in Riot and business deals also have leadtime, plus I'm pretty sure leadtime was lower in the two release a month period. I think it's impossible to say either way if Wukong was influenced by their choice in ownership.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Also Lil B.

i'm back in on mobas

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    jesus this patch broke my everything

I patched, and then had to reinstall, and now that I have, it wants to download a patch again, and god damn it all

I'm not going to have time to play until tonight but I had hoped to at least get it patched and ready before going out the door

and that seemed reasonable at the time since I had two hours to spare when I started

This happened to me with patch 0.1889.0

I eventually had to manually uninstall (using a manual uninstaller given to me by HiRez Support), then go into my registry and find one or two additional registry keys left behind, and then delete the SMITE-related shit in My Documents

Then reinstall

It was, uh, not a fun process to debug. Especially when in between each attempt you have to download a 4GB patch.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    after significant testing i have come to the conclusion that a) ezreal is still pretty damn good and b) i think he ruins jinx

Yeah but how well can he fend off the beefy support protecting her while she farms up? If he fails to disrupt her enough in laning phase what does he do as Jinx massively outscales him? And even if he does come out of laning phase ahead can he handle the a top lane enemy that has at least a brutalizer and a sunfire/thornmail by then? Or at least can he handle them without hitting his Q every time? Jinx's strength right now isn't her ability to duel or counter other ADC's it's her later game scaling and her ability to actually do damage to enemy bruisers and tanks.

I know most champs right now are still viable at our level (Silver) but I think it's undeniable that Ezreal is one of many ADC's right now that has the odds stacked against him considering the entire class is pretty weak in general right now.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

This really surprises me given that all the news around the time made it sound like it was a majority stake; the first news article I could pull up said that they invested $400M, which valued Riot at ~$480M, indicating a clear majority stake. I also can't find anything in the AMA regarding Tencent or ownership with Ryze, and Wikipedia has a sourced link saying it was a majority share purchase. Do you actually have a link to Tryndamere saying that he Tencent doesn't have majority control?

Also as much as the "Chinese Wukong" theory is neat, I think the only one with a specifically large Chinese scene is DotA, and it's currently only at "Wu-Kong is confirmed and in the game as an overpowered secret boss" right now. And I guess League got Wukong after being bought out entirely by Tencent, but I think it's more just that he's a cool character than anything being specifically Chinese about him.

http://dd.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1u35tu/are_we_going_to_get_a_new_client_for_season_4/ceeagxn

The reason they put Wukong in was for the Chinese launch (IIRC) to help boost interest. Smart marketing move.

• Options
    Trynd didn't say Tencent doesn't have majority stock but he did claim they don't have any creative control. They are an investor with "ZERO operational influence" according to him.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    The answer to all your botlane woes is to lane with me

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    also I was like maybe I'll load up smite and goof around. Looks like I have like 37 million patches to download. guess It's more dota 2 bot games for me.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    The upside to this drastic change in the meta is silver and bronze players picking "OP champs" in ranked that they don't actually no how to play. An opposing team in solo q last night had Shyv, Annie, and Kassadin but we ended up taking nexus in 26 minutes.

• Options
    Last time I played some dude picked kass to counter me as lux. Like I don't know if lux is alright against kass but I was up 3 kills on him by 15 minutes.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Lux is the Light.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lux is the Light.

but you repeat yourself

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
This discussion has been closed.