As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Name That PC Game

2»

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    I only remember this game very vaguely. It was a space exploration game where you would go around to various planets and explore. You could also meet aliens in space and talk with them. Sometimes the alien's dialogue was written in a separate booklet that came with the game that they'd tell you to refer to. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think when you were exploring planets, it was possible to actually enter into the alien ruins and the game would turn into a 3D dungeon crawl. I distinctly remember my brothers getting the coordinates for an alien armory, going to that planet and then raiding it for futuristic weaponry. I also remember that the dialogue booklet's very last entry was a joke entry about how the the universe is doomed because you read ahead.

Any guesses?

EDIT: It's a PC game that would have run on an XT computer in CGA graphics. I think it was probably a game from the late 80s to early 90s... probably post Starflight.

@CygnusZ, Could it possibly be Sentinel Worlds I: Future Magic? I remember playing the ever-living crap out of the game (but never getting far in it because I kept getting a full-party wipe every single time I went into some rich dude's yacht) way back on my parents' IBM PC Jr.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ChristoqqChristoqq Registered User new member
  • Options
    ChristoqqChristoqq Registered User new member
This discussion has been closed.