As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vista can suck a dick (won't install)

LemmingLemming Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I got new parts for a computer, put 'em all together, and it was working. Installed Vista, everything was working, it's all cool. Then for some reason it stops working. Apparently I shut it down improperly or something. Whatever.

I've only been using it for like a day, and I haven't transferred anything to it, so I figure I'll just reinstall Vista because it wouldn't boot up. I format the disk, and now every single time I get past the "Expanding Files" step, an error appears that says "Windows cannot access the installation sources. Verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation." I did a google search for that, and the only real result I found was http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929835, and that's not what I'm doing at all. I'm just installing Vista Home Premium.

What's really frustrating is that this was all working early today. Is my hard drive just broken, or what?

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R
Sapphire X1950Pro
2x1G Patriot DDR2 800 RAM
250G Western Digital hd

Edit: Also, my product key for Vista has QQ in it, and I am doing that so hard right now.

Lemming on

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    As I said out of thread, this is most likely a hardware problem due to one of your components failing. Especially since you formatted the drive between installations. Effectively, this means that the only thing different between what you did yesterday, and what you are doing today is the time and whatever happened to your hardware in between.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thanks a bunch for your help dude. Turns out the HD is bad I guess. Stupid thing. Oh well. Guess I'll get it replaced or something.

This can be locked. <3

Lemming on