Options

Giant Bomb 2000

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    The Dissolve on the worst videogame movies ever made, in honor of the likely-to-join-the-list upcoming Need For Speed

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I would pay a subscription for monthly panda burgers...

Wait, that's not what you meant is it?

All our pandas are purely bamboo-fed to ensure the meat stays tender!

Panda-Burgers: the other white meat. Also black meat. Depends on the specific bit of the panda, really.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    As far as I can tell ps3 dark souls 2 runs like dark souls did for me on the 360

Totally playable no problems

Just hoping there isn't an area like blight town where it all goes to shit

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait, I can plug in a ps4 controller into a ps3?!?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yes, but it won't work for every game. There's also no rumble.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    You can plug anything into anything if you try hard enough

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I am probably going to start naming RPG characters Small Businessman

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    His business is actually mid to large, it's just that he is literally six inches tall

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    which bear is worst, koalas or pandas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZYgg8c6KQU

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I played Titanfall last night with a buddy. Here's what I think... Titanfall makes incredible moments really easy to do. Rodeoing a Titan is incredibly satisfying, wall running feels cool, and even the jump kick looks amazing. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to it more than most shooters.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Not to negate any blame humans have for the current near-extinction of pandas, but pandas are a species that probably wasn't going to survive in the long run anyway. Except they happen to be incredibly adorable to humans and that one thing might possibly be the thing that keeps them from going completely extinct.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    As far as survival strategies go, being adorable is a pretty good one. Seems to be working for sloths.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Brad said "Yeah it'll probably be better when I'm at home and not imagining the comments on the video in my head"

so... I was right

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    So that GZ spoiler sounds like the worst. I can also only imagine what the explanation for Quiet is now that it's not what everyone assumed.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Major Ground zeroes spoiler
    I think that, devoid of context, it's a little early to pass judgment on the rape thing

Which isn't to say that it's not going to be despicable because it totally could be, and if someone wanted to go ahead and presume that it's despicable, I couldn't really blame them

But I think the problem is going to be more about how the event is handled and treated than the simple fact of the event

If it's a one off thing to show how scary and mean skull face is, if it never really comes up later in gz or the phantom pain, if we keep getting horribly inappropriate opportunities to scope out Paz's body, then yeah fuck Kojima

But if it's going to be a major component of Chico and Paz's character arcs, and we see all of the ramifications of the way the event breaks them and how they try and recover from it (or don't), and it's treated with the gravity and respect that it deserves, then I don't think the one-line summary of "Skull Face forces Chico to rape Paz" is necessarily enough to dismiss it as disgusting

That's not to say that it will be treated with the necessary respect. It could absolutely end up being used poorly and in that case, yeah, fuck Kojima. I just don't think there's enough info to pass judgment on it yet though I get why people wouldn't want to waste their time giving the game the benefit of the doubt, given kojima's poor record with depicting women and video games' poor record with depicting women and rape.

But it feels like there's more possibility for this to be approached appropriately as opposed to say, the hotline Miami thing

Or maybe I'm only saying that because I like Kojima a bunch and I like metal gear a bunch and I'm desperately hoping that the new MGS isn't going to have something reprehensible in it that makes me uncomfortable to play it

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    So that GZ spoiler sounds like the worst. I can also only imagine what the explanation for Quiet is now that it's not what everyone assumed.

I missed this - is the spoiler better or worse than what everyone assumed?

• Options
    I think that, devoid of context, it's a little early to pass judgment on the rape thing

Which isn't to say that it's not going to be despicable because it totally could be, and if someone wanted to go ahead and presume that it's despicable, I couldn't really blame them

But I think the problem is going to be more about how the event is handled and treated than the simple fact of the event

If it's a one off thing to show how scary and mean skull face is, if it never really comes up later in gz or the phantom pain, if we keep getting horribly inappropriate opportunities to scope out Paz's body, then yeah fuck Kojima

But if it's going to be a major component of Chico and Paz's character arcs, and we see all of the ramifications of the way the event breaks them and how they try and recover from it (or don't), and it's treated with the gravity and respect that it deserves, then I don't think the one-line summary of "Skull Face forces Chico to rape Paz" is necessarily enough to dismiss it as disgusting

That's not to say that it will be treated with the necessary respect. It could absolutely end up being used poorly and in that case, yeah, fuck Kojima. I just don't think there's enough info to pass judgment on it yet though I get why people wouldn't want to waste their time giving the game the benefit of the doubt, given kojima's poor record with depicting women and video games' poor record with depicting women and rape.

But it feels like there's more possibility for this to be approached appropriately as opposed to say, the hotline Miami thing

Or maybe I'm only saying that because I like Kojima a bunch and I like metal gear a bunch and I'm desperately hoping that the new MGS isn't going to have something reprehensible in it that makes me uncomfortable to play it

As you said, he has lost the benefit of the doubt at this point due to past problems

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Much, much worse

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Worse I would say.
    It involves Chico being forced to rape Paz.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Much, much worse

oh no

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular

The problem is that it isn't one line, it's 30 minutes worth of audio log.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    McHoger wrote: »

We have no idea what portion of that a audio log is given over to the thing though.

• Options

wait

wait

wait

30 minute long audio logs

You can actually watch something with a cutscene

Now I'm supposed to stand there and just listen to something that awful for 30 goddamned minutes?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

wait

wait

wait

Now I'm supposed to stand there and just listen to something that awful for 30 goddamned minutes?

Peace Walker routinely had audio logs between 15 and 20 minutes long.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Most of the audio log is just Skullface practicing his Skeletor voice.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Mr. G wrote: »

wait

wait

wait

You can load the cassettes into snake's Walkman and listen to them while playing

Peace walker had similarly long audio logs where all you could do is sit and look at the character's portrait

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular

Worse I would say.
    It involves Chico being forced to rape Paz.

Oh man. Yeah, that's pretty bad. Feel a little sick reading that.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular

We have no idea what portion of that a audio log is given over to the thing though.

The entire thing has been leaked. You can go listen to it on youtube now, but I definately wouldn't recommend it. The part in question doesn't take up the entire 30 mintues, but there are several parts during the audio log that are just about as bad.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I really wish people would stop giving Kojima the benefit of the doubt just because they make a series you like. I love MGS, and still find this absolutely unacceptable and unworthy of my money or time.

• Options
    I really wish people would stop giving Kojima the benefit of the doubt just because they make a series you like. I love MGS, and still find this absolutely unacceptable and unworthy of my money or time.

I think you should give the benefit of the doubt when people have shown that they can handle things well

Kojima has not

This is also what frustrates me most about South Park, even as a fan they handle some stuff super well and then totally fuck up the next thing so I never know what to expect

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    audio logs longer than episodes of Seinfeld

• Options
    rfilyaw wrote: »

I dunno the few episodes of Seinfeld I've sat through seemed like they were 8 hours long

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm sure glad I stopped giving a fuck about Metal Gear after the first Solid game.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    zlCfzRnex-4T4zKTpz

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    One thing I want to know is where this new information because I've been trying to get context for just how bad it actually is, but I can't actually find any info about it by searching for it. Like, Kojima putting something that bad into one of his games is totally something I can believe but I'd like some confirmation that he actually put something that bad into his game before I condemn him for it.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

I dunno the few episodes of Seinfeld I've sat through seemed like they were 8 hours long

I'd love to live in a world with 8 hour long Seinfeld episodes.

You're so lucky.

No I don't.
  • Options

I'd love to live in a world with 8 hour long Seinfeld episodes.

You're so lucky.

Uuuuugh

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    You'd think we'd have been clued in after the
    torture, amputation, child soldiers, diamond mines, bombectomy, and previous sexual assault, statutory rape / incest, suicide

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Kojima's Metal Gear throws pretty fucking dark more or less constantly

Revengeance is way more light-hearted, and it is literally about a child soldier coming to terms with the idea that because of his upbringing he just really, really enjoys the act of killing people

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.