As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Must visit booths for purchasing gifts.

frostxxfirefrostxxfire Registered User new member
edited March 2014 in PAX East
I want to get a bunch of gifts at Pax East for friends back home that could not go. What are some must visit booths? I know for sure I am going to be stopping by Think Geek and Sanshee. Are there any other booths with awesome merch, gear, t shirts, accessories, etc. ? This is my first year at Pax East, so I don't really know what to expect/look for. Thanks in advance everyone.

frostxxfire on

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    The Behemoth usually has some pretty cool stuff.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Depends on what stuff. Merch table for anything PAX East would be great for friends back home. They usually sell t-shirts, pins, scarves, figures, posters, etc.

A lot of the vendors (small and large) usually have swag or product for sale.

cookiekrush on
    Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • Options
    GausGaus Registered User regular
    Video Games New York is usually there, and they usually have a great selection for import games. Even for older systems.

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    The Pax east stuff sells out fast. Especially scarves, so if you know that's what you want run there first. other than that most booths arn't selling swag and a lot are giving out free stuff occasionally. Behemoth has cool stuff I got castle crasher figurines last year. There's a couple venders like sanshee who sells shirts and such, and some venders who sell import games and random swag. Nintendo had the pikachu 3ds for sale a day or 2 early at their booth.
    A lot of companies will have preorder bonuses, like free shirt for pay in full preorder of Metal gear, etc.

All the board game companies will sell you their games as will the indiecade people. There's a guy who sells $10,000 gaming tables, which are nice.

Other than that and $10 slices of pizza there's not much to buy

• Options
    agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    Pax East is geeky t-shirt heaven between Sanshee, Think Geek, Cherry Sauce, We Love Fine and a few smaller places. Each of those vendors also sell other great products too.

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    of course there are the indie games, which will also be selling steam codes for their games that you can gift to someone. just don't do what i did and then forget to redeem those codes, and then lose them. oh well, happy to support indie games! :)

ilta on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I second the Indie booths for Steam codes. I got maybe two or three games last year and was pretty satisfied with them. I'll surely be looking to do that again.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I second the Indie booths for Steam codes. I got maybe two or three games last year and was pretty satisfied with them. I'll surely be looking to do that again.

I had no idea about this. I'll have to check that out this year since now I have a good PC

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    game under ground is great has a good selection usually good prices, replayed has great things all over and some times surprisingly cheap and obscure items , both booths sell classic video games, the 2 other classic game booths usually there are pretty over priced

the behemoth is a great booth to go to, the staff are always nice and if your a big fan of new grounds.com you can go and meet the creator tom fulp

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »

I had no idea about this. I'll have to check that out this year since now I have a good PC

Definitely worth checking out the Indie Showcase. Seemed like you could get a Steam code (for $$ of course) and maybe get a button or sticker or some small swag with it (depending on what the booth is doing).

Quick off topic, but the Indie Showcase is much more enjoyable than standing in lines to play a game you already know you are going to buy and has a 2 hour wait.

Back on topic, Behemoth just has fun stuff. Castle Crasher figures, shirts, hats, etc. I mean, you can basically get them all online, but if you wait till PAX you can purchase and hold it in your hand RIGHT AFTER YOU PURCHASE IT. Plus, you can wear one of the 3 crazy hats they have at PAX.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Pins from PA Staff would be a good start.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Check out Fangamer if you're looking for video game attire.

• Options
    RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    I LOVE Castle Crashers! Definitely checking that booth out!

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • Options
    Xveriun_UlnXveriun_Uln Registered User regular
    I'm heading to the tabletop section for gifts. There is a large variety of board games and card games there, and not the usual ones ( MTG, Poke, YuGi, etc etc). Some vendors have video games for sale, there are also alot of headsets for sale. I would suggest finding a pre-sale with an exclusive bonus if you know what your friends/ loved ones like. I got a pretty bad @$$ t-shirt and rubber blow up sword with the AC4:Black flag presale last year.