As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Classic Console - Console Tournaments!

TektonikkTektonikk PAX South/West Console Tournament ManagerRegistered User regular
edited March 2014 in PAX East
Good morning guys!

Classic Console Free Play (CCFP) will be hosting tournaments of the retro variety for your pleasure!

Sign-ups for tournaments are day of and subject to change (so if you are totally excited, please sign up in the morning to guarantee your spot). Tournaments are also on a tentative schedule and the days will be finalized closer to the event.

BYOC is OK since most controllers of that age have been "well-loved". First party controllers only and are subject to approval by the tournament head.

If you do have any questions, please ask away!

Tournaments:

Super Mario Kart (SNES) - Battle Mode, 1v1, 32 player cap
Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2) - 1v1, 32 player cap
Pro Wrestling (NES) - 1v1, 32 player cap
Mario Kart 64 (N64) - GP, 4 player FFA, 32-64 player cap
Super Smash Bros (N64) - 5 Stock, 32-64 player cap
Fuzion Frenzy (OGXB) - 4 Player FFA, 16-32 player cap
Pokémon Puzzle League - Level 8, 1v1, 32-64 player cap
Atari 2600 VS tournament of the Ages - 1v1, 32 player cap

Tektonikk on

• Options
    Leslie_FLeslie_F Registered User new member
    Sorry very new to all this. Where does one actually do the sign up and is there an age restriction on this, My 9 year old may be interested in some of this.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Leslie_F wrote: »
    Sorry very new to all this. Where does one actually do the sign up and is there an age restriction on this, My 9 year old may be interested in some of this.
    Either the classic console room or the console tournament room. The enforcers in the area should be able to direct you.

There shouldn't be age restrictions, but I could be wrong.

• Options
    TektonikkTektonikk PAX South/West Console Tournament Manager Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    The classic tournaments will be held in the Classic Console Free Play room! Looking forward to seeing the competition there! Also, no age restrictions, it's pretty sweet to see kids rockin' it out on systems older than them! =D

Tektonikk on
  • Options
    GODLY_FORCEGODLY_FORCE Registered User new member
    Is Super Smash Bros for the N64 still being played. I just saw this post http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/188617/east-console-tournaments-for-2014 and I didn't know if it was related. If it is still being played what day would it be.

• Options
    TektonikkTektonikk PAX South/West Console Tournament Manager Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I've got SSB64 listed for Saturday at 8 PM. It's 5 stock set to a modified APEX standard rule set.

Tektonikk on
  • Options
    YoshiGamerGirlYoshiGamerGirl Registered User new member
    Could you tell me what day and time does the Pokemon Puzzle League tourney take place?