As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play [XCOM : Enemy Within] Your Planet. Your Fight. Join Today!

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    I'm curious if EWOP extends to M.E.C. railguns, since those are also weapons now out of the realm of science fiction. Again, the problem is power supply and scaling the weapon down, which is also the current problem with lasers and power armor.

I know our goal is to make things as difficult as possible, but it would be nice to see a few new weapons here and there to diversify the arsenal.

I'll be honest: as great as railguns would be, I'd rather have Sentry armor upgrades. The combination of extra armor and either healing (which is kind of redundant since a lot of what comes our way at this point seems to just kill us outright) or a grenade launcher (which hits hard and *far*) is extremely sweet.

More options > bigger gun.

But... but railguns!

Someday.

Heres the thing: We can (I believe) upgrade to sentries right now. We need to do research to get to railguns :)

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Tch, fine. I suppose we can optimize not dying... :P

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    BerkshireBerkshire Earth Federal Forces MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, just wanted to say that this has been AWESOME to read. I'm enjoying a campaign of my own alongside, but I have to give some serious credit to our host for knocking it out of the park on the narrative side.

I know it's late in the game, but I would be happy to Sign Up! as a narrator of the Kellog Report.

"And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    GT: FootlongKaPow
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Start note of Agent Kadoken
    During the winter solstice and various ceremonies for the Sleeper, our XCOM bugs picked up this exchange:
    I'll get you next time Santa, next time!

[Cat screech]

From the CEO of the profligates' operations.

Agent "Claus" for many years has been spreading a program of joyous propaganda in order to subtley control the minds of youths to our purpose.

I have sent a warning to Claus
    of the CEO's vendetta.

Also, as EXALT has yet to ascertain the identity of XCOM's CEO, perhaps this has given us a clue.

Could he be Blacklisted agent "Claw"?

End note of Agent Kadoken.
    Yes, I did catch that one comment from the Holiday thread:p

Kadoken on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    I'll get you next time Santa, next time!

[Cat screech]

?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pavzvxtmmser9q/20131203_134912.jpg

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Having finished my first game of XCOM, I can finally appreciate some of the stuff Ender has been showing off.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Sectopods. :P

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    No you’re not. Sectopods are assholes.

(RIP Tariq Twins, Captain Ping and Major Russell – all on the same mission)

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Just noticed this, loving it so far! If it's not too late, I'd like to Sign Up!

Anywhere you can fit me in XCOM would be great!

Pemulis on
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular

well sectopods are assholes and that is a scientific fact but sectopods who patrol into your already developing sectopod fight are just douchebags.

thank the Gods drones only ever care about their sectopod/disc and don't branch out and meet new fun robot people to hang around with and heal.

also capture drone is surprisingly useful with MECs if a bit tedious to work with since they cannot overwatch.

• Options
    scherbchen wrote: »

well sectopods are assholes and that is a scientific fact but sectopods who patrol into your already developing sectopod fight are just douchebags.

thank the Gods drones only ever care about their sectopod/disc and don't branch out and meet new fun robot people to hang around with and heal.

also capture drone is surprisingly useful with MECs if a bit tedious to work with since they cannot overwatch.

Nothing is worse then the Cargo ship where you first run into the god damn things. I've done it multiple times on multiple runs and the fuckers always wind up deployed in more or less the same positions and are impossible to attack without facing at least two at a time, and on one occasion I faced 3 of the bastards.

I hope to christ that @Ender relents on EWOPS before that.

Also: I can't wait to see more of this series; Ender is doing a really good with the narrative and it's interesting to see how he's trying to do this without upgrading his weaponry.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    1.jpg

JUNE 17, 2015. 1553 HOURS.
    OPERATION SACRED FOG
    UNITED KINGDOM
    2.jpg

Director: Delta-Bravo, report status.
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": Status red, HQ! Zone's hot! We have contact with Anubis, and there are bogeys pulling-up in civilian vehicles!

3.jpg
    4.jpg

Director: Copy that; this is a smash & grab, Delta-Bravo. Don't take any risks out there; just grab Anubis and get out.
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": You heard the man - let's move it!

***EXALT***

Voice: Hostile count is 6. Count includes Torch. Eliminate hostile agents.
    Agent Kadoken: Voice is heard. Voice is obeyed.

***EXALT***

4.jpg

***EXALT***

Agent Kadoken: BUFFET, you are active. BUFFET, obey voice.
    BUFFET "Pheasant": He stirs.
    BUFFET "Lamb": He stirs.
    BUFFET "Beef": He stirs.
    BUFFET "Rice": He stirs.
    BUFFET "Noodles": He stirs.
    BUFFET "Salad": He stirs.
    BUFFET "Bread": He stirs.

***EXALT***

5.jpg
    6.jpg

RECON "Anubis": shitshitshitshitshitshitshit... Hello? Am I on the right channel?
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": We have you, Anubis. Chunk, these guys are being bullies. What do we say to bullies?
    DELTA-9 "Smokestack": Chunk say "NO!" to bullies!

7.jpg
    8.jpg

RECON "Anubis": Nice one!

***EXALT***

Agent Kadoken: Lamb sleeps.
    BUFFET "Pheasant": My glass is raised.
    BUFFET "Beef": My glass is raised.
    BUFFET "Rice": My glass is raised.
    BUFFET "Noodles": My glass is raised.
    BUFFET "Salad": My glass is raised.
    BUFFET "Bread": My glass is raised.

***EXALT***

BRAVO-6 "Heenato": You've still got two creepin' on you, Anubis! Watch it!
    RECON "Anubis": ...Goddamn sonuva...

9.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg

***EXALT***

Agent Kadoken: Pheasant sleeps. Salad sleeps.
    BUFFET "Lamb": My glass is raised.
    BUFFET "Noodles": My glass is raised.

***EXALT***

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": I've got the clown on our left flank.

14.jpg
    15.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": What's happenin', chief?

16.jpg
    17.jpg

*** OOC Commentary ***

So, here's a critical point in this mission where I make a terrible judgement call:

At the outset of the mission, I set my goal to simply be, 'Hit all of the objectives, sprint to the skyranger.'

This was a good goal, because:

1) Rewards for killing EXALT operatives are crap anyway, so it we're not really losing anything by skipping out early on this mission.
    2) I am extraordinarily outnumbered, and due to EWOP contraints, I'm also outgunned.

if I had followed this plan, I could've made an easy dash back to the skyranger right at this point in the mission and gone home with basically all of the relevant rewards for the mission and zero casualties.

Instead, I saw that my aggressive attack in the center had left open all of the good cover, and thinned-out the initial wave of dumb as bricks EXALT guys. So, I decided to make a stand in the center and just mop-up the mission.

Remember: always stick to your plan. Getting cocky is how good missions go pear-shaped.

*** OOC Commentary ***

***EXALT***

Agent Kadoken: Noodles sleeps.

***EXALT***

DELTA-6 "Rizzie": Got another customer to take care of over here!

18.jpg
    19.jpg
    20.jpg
    21.jpg

***EXALT***

Agent Kadoken: Rice sleeps.

***EXALT***

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": HQ, we've taken the superior position over hostile forces. Requesting permission to alter mission parameters. I want to smoke these bastards out!
    Director: ...Copy, Delta 2. It's your call. Update HQ if the situation changes.
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": Copy that, HQ. Delta-Bravo, take offensive positions! Rizzie, set-up a flank on our left! Anubis, keep moving!

***EXALT***

Voice: The Nameless arrive. Agent Kadoken, deactivate BUFFET. Your weapon is Nameless.
    Agent Kadoken: Voice is heard. Voice is obeyed.

***EXALT***

22.jpg
    23.jpg

BRAVO-6 "Heenato": I see more vehicles pulling-up... Christ, must be at least a half-dozen limousines...
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": Copy that. Chunk?

24.jpg
    25.jpg
    26.jpg

DELTA-9 "Smokestack": Chunk love Shredder. Looks different on Ninja Turtles though. And doesn't asplode.
    RECON "Anubis": Fuck! Got another one on my tail!
    BRAVO-6 "Heenato": I've got you!

27.jpg
    28.jpg
    29.jpg
    30.jpg
    31.jpg

DELTA-6 "Rizzie": More cars! Holy shit! Captain, they're pulling-up on all sides of us!

32.jpg
    33.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": Just keep focused, Delta-Bravo! Situation is still under--

34.jpg
    35.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": ...Fuck me...

39.jpg
    40.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": I'm engaging! Keep me covered!

41.jpg
    42.jpg
    43.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": Scratch one.
    BRAVO-6 "Heenato": Mega! Watch it! On your right!

36.jpg
    37.jpg
    38.jpg

BRAVO-6 "Heenato": ...I hit him clean in the dome! What the fuck!?

44.jpg
    45.jpg
    46.jpg
    47.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": ...ughhhhnnnnnn....
    BRAVO-6 "Heenato": MEGA!
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": ...still here... just need... breath...
    DELTA-9 "Smokestack": CHUNK HERE, MEGA!

48.jpg
    49.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": ...hey, asshole?

50.jpg
    51.jpg

DELTA-6 "Rizzie": Captain! The limos just keep piling in! I've got... shit... maybe 30 contacts on this side!
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": ...[cough]... ...okay... ...Okay. Delta-Bravo, pull back to the Skyranger. Evac, now!

52.jpg
    53.jpg

DELTA-6 "Rizzie": ...Captain, I'm boxed-in. I can't pull back to you. I'm gonna--

***EXALT***

Agent Kadoken: Target is isolated.

***EXALT***

54.jpg
    55.jpg
    56.jpg
    57.jpg

DELTA-6 "Rizzie": ...uuurrrkk...
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": JOHNSON! NO!

***EXALT***

Agent Kadoken: Target is liquidated.

***EXALT***

DELTA-9 "Smokestack": Mega! You come back!
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": NO! ...Chunk, LET G--

[THUMP]

DELTA-9 "Smokestack": ...Chunk sorry, Mega. You not go. HQ, we coming back on the plane. 'Cept Jack Johnson. He not comin' back.

58.jpg

OOC:
    Sorry that this was on hiatus for so long; I just wasn't feeling up to it for a while.

For anyone still interested, our story continues.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    no worries @The Ender

even fishman went on hiatus every now and then. we're still amped about the story you have to tell.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Nested spoilers still don't work, Ender. I want to read the update, but can't!

• Options
    a lot of the nested spoilers are exalt chatter. just hit the quote button on ender's post and read through it after you read what he's posted the first time.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Nice to see this back, Ender.

Also, I can really see the difference in the screenshots after I decided to put in a small graphics mod in my game from the Nexus. No more blue everywhere for me!

This is the one if anyone else wants to use it in their game.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options

Oops, sorry about that.

Fixed.

@EvmaAlsar : Do you know if that graphics mod will mess up the save game?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'll be... trying to stay shut up for the rest of the LP to try and avoid repeating my previous bout of stupidity.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Woo-hoo! A great return, and I'm still...kicking as much ass as a base sniper rifle will afford me.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    And I'm back from the funeral in England. Sorry it took a while. So many little details from granny's last will and testament to sort out, if you know what I mean.

But at least I'm out of grey, overcast, foggy, wet England and back in the dark underground base where the only light is artificial and I will only see the sky mere moments before aliens are going to try to kill me.

It's good to be back.

• Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Good to see this back!

Pemulis on
  • Options
    The Ender wrote: »

Oops, sorry about that.

Fixed.

@EvmaAlsar : Do you know if that graphics mod will mess up the save game?

I seriously doubt it. It's not even a mod that gets installed, per se. You just copy/paste the files into your Enemy Unknown / Within folder (since you have EW, you'd only need to copy/paste the EW stuff)

6YAcQE8.png
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Hiatus? More like HiANUS heheheheh-

But no, seriously, welcome back.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Today's mission is a haze now. Memories washed with adrenaline. Bits and pieces come to mind, then leave. The enemy was human. Like the old days. Simpler days.
    Lost a man. Didn't know him well. Or I can't remember. Need to remember. Memories don't hold like they used to. Been down too long.
    Can't get up yet. Got dinged up a bit myself. New body can take a beating. Only need a few days rest. Just a few more.
    It's the same feeling every time. Turning a corner, seeing the enemy. The flash, the blast. Smell of gunpowder. Splash of red. Simpler days.

Welcome back Ender! Was hoping you'd pick back up. We need to show these alien bastards what humanity can do!

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Glad to see we're back in business! I'm excited to see where this goes @The Ender‌!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    report-27.jpg

DIRECTOR'S LOG
    JUNE 22ND, 2015

We're still putting out fires, but at least our shit's slowly getting scraped back into one pile.

We lost another man: Delta-9. Jack Johnson. We don't even have the body this time - our field ops were cut off from him, and had to abandon the mission area. I swear to God almighty, I am going to find out where these pieces of shit are operating from, and after Delta-Bravo has burned it to the ground, I am going to pay it a visit just to piss on the ashes.

exalt-rep.jpg

A wave of EXALT propaganda has swept across Egypt; we're sending one of our green recruits - former spec ops - to go sniffing around.

op-1.jpg
    op-2.jpg

In the meantime, ET isn't letting-up. We've got a major situation developing in our own backyard.

op-3.jpg
    op-4.jpg

Delta-Bravo is already gearing-up and headed for the Skyranger.

And this time, we're not going to be lagging behind in firepower.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Godspeed, Delta-Bravo. I can't say I miss the opportunity to go on a terror mission.

6YAcQE8.png
  • Options
    JUNE 22ND, 2015. 1808 HOURS.
    OPERATION BRUTAL VANGUARD
    OSAKA, JAPAN
    1.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Status red, HQ. Like, really, really red. Jesus Christ.
    Director: Extrapolate.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": We're in the middle of a damn narrow street. Just about every structure in sight is on fire. I can hear screaming echoing out from the buildings on either side. There's a crowd of civvies dead ahead, in an absolute panic. You see this, HQ?
    Director: ...I'm just now getting your video feed, Delta 1. Your priority is to evac as many of those civvies as you can, Delta; get 'em on the bird and then just get into the air.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Copy that. Push it forward, Delta-Bravo!
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": Copy.
    DELTA-9 "Smokestack": COPY.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": Copy.
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Copy.
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Copy.

*** OOC Commentary ***

Murder street.

Terror mission murder street.

I am rusty at this game. I was hoping for a simple mission on an easy map.

FFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

*** OOC Commentary ***

2.jpg

BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Contact! Decepticon!
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Cyberdisc.
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": The Hell with that. Look at that thing! That a 'disc' to you?
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Well it sure doesn't look like a decepticon. It's not purple enough.

3.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": I've got a bead on it's optics...

4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Looks like it's packed it's bags and gone home. Chunk, let's take care of it's pals.

8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg

BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": ...I'm tagging out a civvie... hey! hey, lady! yes, you! listen up...

12.jpg

BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": ...you 'don't fly well'? well, do you fucking 'get eaten by bugs well'? no? then book it behind me and get on the goddamn airplane...
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": I've got this guy.

13.jpg
    14.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": ...no, you may not have my number. just go get on the fucking plane.
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Next one's mine.

15.jpg
    16.jpg
    17.jpg
    18.jpg

BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": ...Jesus ever loving... GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! RUN! NOW! CONTACTS! ABOUT MAYBE 6 MILLION FUCKING CHRYSSALIDS, INBOUND!
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": I see it, Gaddez! Fall back! I'll cover you and the civvie!
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Copy!

19.jpg
    20.jpg
    21.jpg
    22.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Form-up, Delta-Bravo! Forum-up! I want a wall of lead bisecting this street, right here!

23.jpg
    24.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Weapons free! Light 'em up!

25.jpg
    26.jpg
    29.jpg
    27.jpg
    28.jpg

DELTA-9 "Smokestack": BEN! LOOK! BAD THING!
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": ...What in the fuck...

30.jpg
    31.jpg
    32.jpg

DELTA-9 "Smokestack": ...Little baby bug.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": I am gonna throw up.

33.jpg
    34.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": You boys just entered the 'Nope' zone.

35.jpg
    36.jpg
    37.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Nope.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...They're surrounding that civvie. ...Chunk?
    DELTA-9 "Smokestack": You want Chunk save that man?
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...No, Chunk. I need you to shoot that man. With Shredder. Do you understand?
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": The fuck!?
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": He's already dead, Bravo-1.
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Don't give me this 'Bravo-1' shit. You're going to kill that guy!? Are you--
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": HE'S DEAD ALREADY. ...Chunk, do you understand?
    DELTA-9 "Smokestack": Chunk understand.

38.jpg
    39.jpg
    40.jpg

DELTA-9 "Smokestack": ...Chunk kill that man.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": No, Chunk - I killed that man. Understand?
    DELTA-9 "Smokestack": ...Okay.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Gaddez, I'm sorry - we don't have the munitions to handle every civvie being--
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": INCOMING!

41.jpg
    42.jpg
    43.jpg
    44.jpg
    45.jpg
    46.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": ...Well, look who's back...

47.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Fuck.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": ...And I see a few folks didn't get the hint about the Nope zone.

48.jpg
    49.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Chunk, show Shredder to that disc!

50.jpg
    51.jpg
    52.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Now mop it up, Delta-Bravo!

53.jpg
    54.jpg
    55.jpg
    56.jpg
    57.jpg
    58.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": That's our window! Fall back! HQ, we are bugging out, with three non-combatants in tow!

59.jpg

*** OOC Commentary ***

So, this mission gave me a whole new appreciation for the sniper's Disabling Shot. It completely saved my bacon against that Cyberdisc, which I otherwise did not have the firepower in position to neutralize after I activated it.

I thought this mission was going to be a wipe, and the beginning of the end, as soon I saw the Cyberdisc trigger without having a rocket in position.

Vegeta continues to prove that's he's the MVP! :P

*** OOC Commentary ***

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The Director wanted us to save their lives...
    What we did...?
    We saved them from their fate... sometimes that's all you can do.
    --<<##ACCESSING MEMORY
    ----##CUE INTERNAL MONOLOGUE
    OPERATION BRUTAL VANGUARD
    JUNE 22ND, 2015. 1849 HOURS.
    I keep telling myself this, when we fight the xenos with those bugs and civilians about. Better dead than half-dead.
    That street in Osaka was *full* of people and bugs. Whatever those bugs are, its some bastardization of our worst fears.
    Its like the xenos took the worst parts of Dawn of the Dead and Aliens and let it loose on us.

Vegeta ordered us to fire on them to protect ourselves. I don't blame him. I would have done the same. When all was
    said and done, Gad's and my ammo bins were black. Maybe the nanites are affecting me differently since I was the first.

We tell ourselves that we saved about a thousand people on that street... I am glad I do not have to remove my helmet
    and look at the six onboard the skyranger with us.
    --<<##END RECORD
    --##MOVE FILE -> ARCHIVE.XENOS_WAR
    --//RECORD LOCKED FOR 43830hr:00min

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    6/18 is a "poor" civvie score?

Who's marking these things, the paper-pushers?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    What? You never used disabling shot? Disabling shot is GREAT for getting out of a bad situation that you couldn't have predicted. It's also a godsend for a certain late-game enemy that became much harder to take down in one turn.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I like Disabling Shot as well. It's situational, but when the relevant situations pop up you'll be really glad you have it.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I think I barely ever used it in EU. Like you said, after one-round kills got a bit harder to pull of in EW, I suddenly found out how handy it could be.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Disabling shot is the king of the bacon savers, since anytime you are too spread out or out of move actions it can be dropped in on whatever rude boy is still up and kicking.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I continue to prove useful! Though now that means I am going to be ambushed on a later mission. Because XCOM.

You pulled off that mission well! I thought it was going to go much worse when I first opened the spoiler.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    If it isn't too late:

Signup!

Male, Black Armor, Assault Class if possible.

• Options
    m106.jpg

DIRECTOR'S LOG
    JUNE 23RD, 2015

We've cracked-open another EXALT cell; this one's been foraging for materials in a ravaged Egyptian military depot. Delta-Bravo is on standby for our field operative's extraction.

m107.jpg

After repeated requests to Logistics for higher capacity ammunition drums for our MEC platforms, we've received a compromise package that I can't really complain about: a 'party mix' munitions system with a smart-burst material assessment & burst limiter. The system is designed to help our boys save ammo by giving them rounds more suitable for the targets they're shooting at and capping the amount of rounds their weapon can shoot in a single burst.

It's been an extremely effective means in other agencies at keeping soldiers loaded, which is what we ultimately wanted anyway.

m108.jpg

Hopefully it gets the stamp of approval from Ben & Gaddez.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Gaddez Log:
    The situation is getting uglier and uglier as time goes on.

Following the human meat grinder that was Germany, Delta went into what should have been a milk run against EXALT which ~psychotic cult activities aside~ is little more then an ill trained militia. Against them, Delta (who even before half of Bravo got mauled were our strongest team) should have massacred the living hell out of them.

Instead, we lost one of ours and were forced to retreat with our tail between our legs.

After that, The aliens (apparently smelling blood) came down on Osaka looking to decimate our backyard. So we go out with me filling in for Rizzie (still holding the Bravo 1 call sign). I was ready to tear them a new one.

It was like Newfoundland all over again.

Those bastards sent an absolute horde of those bloody skittering horrors in and by the time we had eyes on them they were all over the civvies and we got to see how long the damn things took to grow to full size; about 75 seconds.

I know in review Vegeta made the right call. I know that we couldn't have saved that man. I know that trying to would have gotten one or more of us killed and we can't afford to eat losses if that asshole who has our good gear on lock up won't play ball.

But it still feels wrong.

Someone once asked what I would do when this was all over seeing as I'm not... entirely human anymore. And there are two things that ome to mind:

1. Follow up that offer from Hugh about posing for one of his pictorials.
    2. Never have to fight again.

Until then though, My only recourse is to fight harder and more brutally against our twin enemies in Exalt and the Aliens. Because the more of them I kill, the less of them there are to force us into bullshit situations where we have to murder civilians.

• Options
    I've been completely cut out of the EXALT operations?

I can only assume I'm lying in sickbay.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I doubt it. Probably just rotating the roster a bit. We've taken a other casualty and it may be in our best interests to have people at least be "not rookies" if things go really pear shaped.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    1.jpg
    JUNE 28TH, 2015. 1540 HOURS.
    OPERATION DYING FOG
    EGYPT
    2.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": ...I don't like this new 'ammo limiter' bullshit.
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Give me a break, Ben. It's not an ammo limiter. You have the same drum you've always had.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Status yellow, HQ. Place is toasted, but we've go no contacts yet. Recon element, are you connected?
    RECON "YerMum": I'm on.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Alright. Let's keep it tight & clean, Delta-Bravo. Sweep right and meet-up with our intel package.

3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": I still don't like it. I just... I like to keep things simple, y'know?

6.jpg

BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": 'Simple'? Says the guy who was the first volunteer for the MEC program?
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": Yeah, yeah, yeah...

7.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": ...I hear movement. Anyone else--

8.jpg
    9.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Contact! 3 suits!

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: Voice, respond. Voice, respond.

**EXALT**

DELTA-9 "Smokestack": Chunk see them.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Firing positions. Take 'em down.

10.jpg
    11.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": ...He can do that?
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": Jealous?
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Yes.

12.jpg

RECON "YerMum": Hey there, Delta-Bravo.
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Woah, watch it! They're crawling all over you, Recon!
    RECON "YerMum": Yeah. These guys are, uh... there's something wrong with 'em.

13.jpg

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: Voice, hostiles are present. Torch is present. Voice, respond. Configure parameters.

**EXALT**

RECON "YerMum": They... it's like they don't even see me. Look.
    DELTA-2 "MegaMek": ...Holy shit.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Are you getting this, HQ? Please advise.
    Director: We're not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, Delta-Bravo. Pin 'em to the wall. Analysis can come later.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Copy that. Open-up on 'em, Delta-Bravo!

14.jpg
    15.jpg
    16.jpg

BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Well, whatever Ben thinks, I'm lovin' my new toy.

17.jpg
    18.jpg
    19.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": ...it just ain't the same...

20.jpg
    21.jpg
    22.jpg
    23.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Two down.

24.jpg
    25.jpg
    26.jpg
    27.jpg
    28.jpg
    29.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": Playground's quiet.

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: Scissor falls. Pencil falls. Staple falls. Voice, respond.

**EXALT**

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Keep it tight, Delta-Bravo. They've gotta be trying to pull something on us.
    RECON "YerMum": Two more, from the chopper to your rear.

30.jpg
    31.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...What were they doing poking around in that wreck?
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Well, I'll go ask.

32.jpg
    33.jpg
    34.jpg

BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Hey, what were you doing inside of the helicopter?
    EXALT Operative: He stirs.
    BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": I knew you'd say that.

35.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": This one's just...

36.jpg
    37.jpg
    38.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": ...I've seen meth addicts less spaced-out than that.

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: Paper falls. Ink falls. Voice, respond. Configure parameters. Configure Parameters.

**EXALT**

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Chunk, cover our rear. Everyone else, push towards the Skyranger. Engage hostiles as they appear.
    DELTA-9 "Smokestack": Chunk copy!

39.jpg

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: Voice, respond. Torch burns. Hostiles circle.

**EXALT**

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": 3 contacts.

40.jpg

BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Engaging.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": Engaging.

41.jpg
    42.jpg
    43.jpg
    44.jpg
    45.jpg

BRAVO-1 "Gaddez": Continuing sweep.

46.jpg

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: Desk falls. Monitor falls. Mug falls. Voice, respond.

**EXALT**

47.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": One contact.

48.jpg

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: Lamp falls. Voice, respond.

**EXALT**

49.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": One contact.

50.jpg

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: Cabinet falls. Voice, respond.

**EXALT**

51.jpg

DELTA-2 "MegaMek": One contact.

52.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": You're clear, Recon.
    RECON "YerMum": Copy, Delta-Bravo. Thanks for the pick-up.

53.jpg

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: Marker falls. Torch illuminates. Voice, respond. ...RESPOND!

**EXALT**

DELTA-9 "Smokestack": Chunk hear noise.

54.jpg

**EXALT**

Agent Kupo: YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, TALK TO ME! EVERYONE HERE IS DEAD! I'M ALONE! I'M SURROUNDED! IS THIS PIECE OF SHIT BROKEN, CAN YOU HEAR ME, HELLO!? WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE EVEN DOING OUT HERE? TALK TO ME! WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO--

**EXALT**

55.jpg

DELTA-9 "Smokestack": You loud.

56.jpg
    57.jpg
    58.jpg

With Love and Courage