As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Giant]est [Bomb] Ever seen

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Hailing Hydra is the ravenest, too.

I don't think Raven Simone would be down with Hydra

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    That's SO Raven.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    A two-brofist button called HAIL HYDRA, BRO would be...acceptable

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuIdjU1I-08

So this new AA game involves an ancestor of Phoenix Wright?

He should star in the first few cases and then, BOOM, Phoenix gets out of the animus

Attorney's Creed

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    It's quite simple really

If you don't hail hydra then you're no bro of mine

xet8c.gif

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The Master is my bro

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    now that I went through shadows of amn I need to decide if I want to restore the tob difficulty. but that final fight is a doozy

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hydra is the eternal brotherhood. It is the most bro.

Cut one bro and two shall take its place.

HAIL HYDRA

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The changing of reactions is the perfect way to derail every thread at once.

That's so Hydra

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Basically, anytime anyone mentions Hydra now I automatically Hail.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    FRACT OSC is so good, you guys

it's a puzzle game that rewards you with more tools for your synth sequencer

I can see myself spending hundreds of hours with this thing

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Basically, anytime anyone mentions Hydra now I automatically Hail.

AS YOU SHOULD

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    tumblr_n4j8nwx4Xq1qciorpo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n4j8nwx4Xq1qciorpo2_500.gif

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Crotchal Powerthrust is my new band

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I think she has to have some sort of scoliosis to bend her back that way.
    Also that boot heel looks real dumb in that shot.
    And how do you fit those boobs in armor?
    Jesus christ that top arm looks awful

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    she dislocates her shoulder to flash some titties? alright

• Options
    in fairness the anatomical issues might be a part of an animation, it's not uncommon for characters to move in technically impossible ways that animate well

but they definitely changed it to show off her bust

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Rise trailer for Persona 4 Ultimax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNbgYozx-U

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    HEY CENO HOW BOUT NO

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    That is art with a message

The message reads thusly: Wuuuuuuuurrrrrgh

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    So there was a news article today about gun crime and such here in Halifax. How is that in any way relevant to this thread?
    Well, the name of the officer they were talking to caught my eye;
    said Halifax Police Chief Jean-Michel Blais.

I know it's not the same guy, but I definitely double-taked for a second.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Man, now I'm even more excited for P4AU.

Gonna wreck all you fools with a mic stand.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm still not sure what the Shadow characters are supposed to be in P4AU

Are they just clones or are they gonna be new characters with different moves

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular

So this new AA game involves an ancestor of Phoenix Wright?

He should star in the first few cases and then, BOOM, Phoenix gets out of the animus

Attorney's Creed
    Goddamnit... that's a pretty good joke.

Also this is... honestly weirder than I ever thought the Ace Attorney series would get. Which is a statement I never thought I'd say.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

and then the entire internet tweeted the hornets nest with a face at a single person

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    The changing of reactions is the perfect way to derail every thread at once.

That's bro Hydra

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm still not sure what the Shadow characters are supposed to be in P4AU

Are they just clones or are they gonna be new characters with different moves
    Another major addition to the game is the addition of Shadow-type characters. With the exception of Elizabeth, Shadow Labrys with Asterius, and Sho Minazuki there exists an alternate mode based on the Shadows of the Persona series. Shadow-Type characters are more geared towards the offense as they build more SP as they attack and their SP is carried over between rounds. Shadow-type characters utilize the character's original auto/dial combo from Persona 4 Arena and can use Awakening SP Skills with 100 SP. In addition, they gain access to a mode known as Shadow Rampage, which gives them unlimited SP for a limited amount of time and is activated by what would be the Burst command while the character is at 100 SP. In compensation for these additions, they lose major defensive techniques, mainly Bursts and Awakenings and they don't deal as much damage as their original counterpart. Thus, this makes the Shadow Type a high-risk, high-reward playstyle with an emphasis on skill usage.

it's functionally a different playstyle for a character, but utilizing the same moves

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    That is art with a message

The message reads thusly: killl meeeeeeeeeee

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Cowardmaya.jpg

• Options
    there's gonna be a whole lot of golems filled with hornets at dungeons and dragons nights this weekend

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    there's gonna be a whole lot of golems filled with hornets at dungeons and dragons nights this weekend

that's not a bad idea...

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    If my Gamma World group wasn't taking a break right now, I would put them up against a Tree monster who would re-create that Oprah Bees GIF.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    someone in this fucking library has a bunch of metal gear sound effects on their phone and i keep shooting my head up pavlovianly every time they get a text or an email

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    My first idea was to rip off that one boss in WoW who is basically a golem made of liquid amber

and then make it so he fires out swarms of hornets he's caught

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Finally trying to finish up Xenoblade.

I like the idea of this combat system, but I do not like it's execution very much. The tank (both Reyn and Dunban) has a lot of trouble holding aggro, there just doesn't seem to be enough healing available to keep up with the damage of the more powerful enemies, and it's often really unclear what Monado skill you're supposed to use to counter an enemy skill. Plus, it really sucks to have your whole party near death, so every single ability an enemy activates sets off your future-sight.

It just seems like an overly-difficult and punishing system considering how you're relying on two AI partners to do their jobs properly and not be totally dumb.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Finally trying to finish up Xenoblade.

I like the idea of this combat system, but I do not like it's execution very much. The tank (both Reyn and Dunban) has a lot of trouble holding aggro, there just doesn't seem to be enough healing available to keep up with the damage of the more powerful enemies, and it's often really unclear what Monado skill you're supposed to use to counter an enemy skill. Plus, it really sucks to have your whole party near death, so every single ability an enemy activates sets off your future-sight.

It just seems like an overly-difficult and punishing system considering how you're relying on two AI partners to do their jobs properly and not be totally dumb.

Brace yourselves

I'm going to say something nice about Xenoblade

I never really had a problem with the AI of the buddies in that game

This discussion has been closed.