As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD Steam thread is old.

1939495969799»

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I'm still playing Guacamelee. At one point I stumbled onto a special level that has an orb at the end of it. It's pretty grueling, very Super Meat Boy-ish. I must have spent an hour getting through all these obstacles. Finally, I get to what I thought would be the end and come across this chicken who says:

34331348A37E830260A5C8420EFE4D93C9FF626A

I almost walked away in disgust.

Fortunately I persevered and did eventually beat it and got my orb. I don't even know what these orbs will do when I collect all of them. I am hoping that's the hardest of the bunch, but I only have two so far.

Maybe I should just work on finishing the game. I'm almost there, I think. I beat that Jaguar man.

That level is by far the hardest thing in the game. If you can beat that, you can 100% the game.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »

That level is by far the hardest thing in the game. If you can beat that, you can 100% the game.

Oh thank goodness

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    And here I am re-watching @CorriganX play Amnesia because it's just too damn entertaining.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Icemopper wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    I'm still playing Guacamelee. At one point I stumbled onto a special level that has an orb at the end of it. It's pretty grueling, very Super Meat Boy-ish. I must have spent an hour getting through all these obstacles. Finally, I get to what I thought would be the end and come across this chicken who says:

34331348A37E830260A5C8420EFE4D93C9FF626A

I almost walked away in disgust.

Fortunately I persevered and did eventually beat it and got my orb. I don't even know what these orbs will do when I collect all of them. I am hoping that's the hardest of the bunch, but I only have two so far.

Maybe I should just work on finishing the game. I'm almost there, I think. I beat that Jaguar man.

That level is by far the hardest most fun thing in the game. If you can beat that, you can 100% the game.

imo the cave with the
    mega man platforms
    was harder, but not in a fun way.
    also some of the combat cheevos/challenge rooms

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Huh, almost time for a new Steam thread already.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I didn't get an awful lot of entries in this contest - I hope it's not indicative of the amount of love people in this community get in their lives!
    TeeMan wrote: »
    'tis I, the lovable TeeMan! I have returned from a two and a half week absence as I was away getting married to my gorgeous wife.
    3SmDWYq.jpg
    The time past has been a maelstrom of house guests, new friends made, old acquaintances reaffirmed and spectacularly good times all round. To celebrate our union and the latest card-carrying member of House Douglas, I declare a...

!CONTEST!

I'll be gifting a game a lucky entrants' wish-list of my choosing. Two lucky entrants, in fact.

The first is for those who've tread this special path and have been irrecoverably tied to another human being for the rest of their natural lives. This can cover everything from a wedding to a hand-fasting ceremony or some other pagan ritual that binds you to a person. It doesn't even have to be recognised by a Governments very narrow definition of marriage, it just has to be recognised by both of you!

PM me your favourite story or anecdote about the big day that involves your new significant other in some way. Be as soppy or as rude as you want, for I am a steel trap and no tales (or tails, to keep the analogy going) shall escape my hungry maw.

The second is for those up-and-coming couples out there. They may not have formally recognised their commitment to each other, but they pretty much sicken their friends by how well they get along. If you've ever been in a loving relationship, this part of the contest is for you.

PM me your favourite story or anecdote about a special day or event that you enjoyed with your partner. What's a story that you've brought up occasionally out of the blue that makes the other burst out laughing, cringe or give you full-blown sexy eyes. Again, my Sacred Oath prevents me with sharing personal information to an unsolicited party on the internet via punishment of eternal damnation, so your disgustingly cute stories are safe with me.

This contest will be open for 3 days from the time this post is made. Good luck :smiley:

As only two entries were submitted, and both for the first part, both @Ceno and @Kalnaur are winners! Your anecdotes gave my partner and I a chuckle and I'm glad to hear you're both going so well :smiley:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Wow, thanks @TeeMan! You are a classy fella!

Looking forward to Broforce

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    @DaringDirk‌ is quite an apt name, as it turns out. He's thrust To The Moon right in the feels! Have mercy, good sir...
    Cheers matey :D

Edit: And Gravity Badgers! Nary as there been a more absurd title, I must give it a try. Thank you again

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Jazz wrote: »
    Hit install on the Skyrim HD texture pack, waited for all four gigs (!) of it to install, fired up the game, saw only the odd texture underwhelmingly improved and most seemingly untouched, threw a ticket at Steam support to get it pulled... lesson learned. Hopefully.

Huh?

It's huge, apparently pointless, and as it turns out has (at least in earlier versions) caused a number of technical problems for people. And with how Steam handles DLC, a support ticket is the only way to get rid of it properly (removing it from the Data Files option keeps it installed, and deleting the files just results in a redownload - and I reiterate that it is mahoosive, at least relatively). I'm sure the Steam thread at large had this conversation two years ago...

Apparently I didn't learn my lesson last week when I got my iPhone to install iOS 7.1.1 and it bricked it for some unknown reason. Phone insurance took care of replacing that, thankfully, but I need to learn to research at least a little before hitting "install" on stuff, apparently.

The high rez pack isn't going to get pulled, because it actually does in fact do what it says. The textures aren't the quality you're going to find in fan made high res packs, but it is actually substantially better than the base textures in the game. They're just higher res versions of the current textures, not some complete overhaul that some independent folks have and will continue to make.

Size notwithstanding there isn't any real problem with the packs themselves, and virtually any decent mod that does have some sort of conflict with them for some reason will give pretty simple instructions in how to fix it.

There's plenty of other texture packs out there to float your boat more, but there's no reason at all to waste Valves support time with nonsensical requests to remove valid and functioning (not to mention completely free) dlc.

Also, there's an unofficial patch on Nexus that along with the other unofficial patches I suggest using. Even if the Nexus Mod Manager is unable to actually connect to the database, simply manually downloading and installing them is still quite easy and beneficial.

Also, I won @TeeMan‌ 's contest, and received this: kw6puegv5pew.jpg

An awesome is you! :smiley: Glad my spousal anecdote gave you a chuckle, so here's another back and forth for you:
    She was driving, this was back around 2004, and I was reading something in a local free newspaper. I turned to tell her what I was reading and she says, "let me guess, Janet Jackson's breast?". "How did you know?" I asked. "Everything right now is Janet Jackson's breast; sunrise? Janet Jackson's breast. How was work today? Janet Jackson's breast? Breakfast? Janet Jackson's breast."

Sudden silence as she actually realizes what she's just said. Soundless stammering. I wait for a moment, then ask, "so, would that be like those new breakfast bars? Now with milk included!"

She almost had to pull over she was laughing so hard.

Aaaaaaand also while I was typing this, @DaringDirk‌ attempted to tempt me away from Terraria with a code for Really Big Sky! You people are all insane and I love you all.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Witcher 2 I will not give up on you. Almost lost momentum again, but got a good deal further this weekend. Into Chapter 3 now and things are moving pretty well.
    It's a great game except for when it decides it's time to be a stealth game with instant death fails.

• Options
    Other games currently exist outside of Dark Souls 2?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Sadly, Really Big Sky seems to not want to work. I guess bed for now, and figuring it out tomorrow.
    Madican wrote: »

Yep. ;)

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Dark Souls 2 doesn't exist.

We went through this

• Options
    I'll be over here quantum tunneling through time and space then.

Otherwise known as Dark Souls 2.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    so maybe this will be buried, but I want to apologize to steam thread. I have been lurking because I know I was not nice. Sorry, bad things in my life doesn't make up for me being bad. That is all.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Witcher 2 I will not give up on you. Almost lost momentum again, but got a good deal further this weekend. Into Chapter 3 now and things are moving pretty well.
    It's a great game except for when it decides it's time to be a stealth game with instant death fails.

Hello fellow first-timer Witcher 2 Chapter 3 player! How'd you go at the end of Chapter 2?
    I've heard for ages that the final decision as to whether to kill Hensalt is what cleaves off a good quarter of the game, but it was a pretty big non-decision for me. To allow Vernon to kill a king in your presence completely undermines your entire journey post-Foltest assassination. You're there to clear your name of kingslayer - not underline it, no matter how big a scumbag he is. Geralt is right; there is a BIG difference between some power-hungry local despot and a king looking to secure their position by expanding into a fractured demesne.

Choosing to stay Vernon's hand was the easiest choice so far

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    The new Beat Hazard DLC adds Steam Workshop support and lets you create and share your own "ships":

oHj7pAP.jpg

So many possibilities...!
    Strange thing, I haven't seen a "Newell Battle Cruiser" yet.

Christ, you don't say things like that unless you want D**** S**** to show up... I thought that was rule number one of the Internet!
    I actually bought that infernal game, back in the day. So, so wanted it to be good... but...
    Hit install on the Skyrim HD texture pack, waited for all four gigs (!) of it to install, fired up the game, saw only the odd texture underwhelmingly improved and most seemingly untouched, threw a ticket at Steam support to get it pulled... lesson learned. Hopefully.

Huh?

It's huge, apparently pointless, and as it turns out has (at least in earlier versions) caused a number of technical problems for people. And with how Steam handles DLC, a support ticket is the only way to get rid of it properly (removing it from the Data Files option keeps it installed, and deleting the files just results in a redownload - and I reiterate that it is mahoosive, at least relatively). I'm sure the Steam thread at large had this conversation two years ago...

Apparently I didn't learn my lesson last week when I got my iPhone to install iOS 7.1.1 and it bricked it for some unknown reason. Phone insurance took care of replacing that, thankfully, but I need to learn to research at least a little before hitting "install" on stuff, apparently.

The high rez pack isn't going to get pulled, because it actually does in fact do what it says. The textures aren't the quality you're going to find in fan made high res packs, but it is actually substantially better than the base textures in the game. They're just higher res versions of the current textures, not some complete overhaul that some independent folks have and will continue to make.

Size notwithstanding there isn't any real problem with the packs themselves, and virtually any decent mod that does have some sort of conflict with them for some reason will give pretty simple instructions in how to fix it.

There's plenty of other texture packs out there to float your boat more, but there's no reason at all to waste Valves support time with nonsensical requests to remove valid and functioning (not to mention completely free) dlc.

I meant pulled from my account, not the store in general. I'm not that egotistical.

Well, most of the time.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    New Thread New Thread

New Thread New Thread

New thread is here. Go post and prosper!

New Thread New Thread

New Thread New Thread

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
This discussion has been closed.