As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle. Now with more Ora! Ora! Ora!

2»

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    You can play as Iggy? Sold.

Post your impressions so that I may live through you vicariously!

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    So this is coming to the US/EU in 2014

Also Lisa Lisa and Old Joseph will be DLC I think (and a few others were mentioned.)

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Adellios wrote: »
    So this is coming to the US/EU in 2014

Also Lisa Lisa and Old Joseph will be DLC I think (and a few others were mentioned.)

That's...rather surprising, considering JoJo's lack of popularity in the states. Wonder if they're going to change the names again?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    When you sell 500,000 copies launch week you start to think maybe you've got something good enough to sell everywhere.
    Anasui, Vanilla Ice, and Baoh are the rest of the announced DLC.

Viz are also doing a digital edition of the part 3 manga, and considering licensing the recent (really good) anime. Maybe it's time the series finds the audience it deserves here.

• Options
    WeisskaiserWeisskaiser TokyoRegistered User regular
    >When you sell 500,000 copies launch week you start to think maybe you've got something good enough to sell everywhere.

Too bad everyone's now selling their copies because it's rubbish and unlocking stuff is "free to play" mode (for 15 minutes then either wait for two hours or pay to play) mode. Also story mode is all text AND badly-written (like they don't even mention that Abdul is dead until the epilogue of part 3), balance is terrible (infinite combos everywhere, and then they "fixed" it by making characters drop real fast which made some characters' basic moves (not even combos, finishers and stuff) totally useless, etc.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I imported specifically because I assumed the game would never come out here, since most of the manga was never translated, and the new show hasn't been brought out here either. My copy is still somewhere in the mail, and when it finally arrives I'm considering just getting rid of it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Campaign mode is poorly conceived on a lot of levels, but in practice amounts to playing once when you get home and maybe again after you've finished whatever other gaming you're doing that evening. Can easily unlock all the costumes doing that.
    Story Mode is bare bones, but the secret missions are a reasonably effective tutorial. I'm not a fighting game fan at all, so I can't speak to any flaws that require you to actually know how to play these things, but I'm pretty pleased they spent their budget on more characters (instead of cut scenes for story mode) since that's all that really matters.
    Not at all sad I imported.

• Options
    WeisskaiserWeisskaiser TokyoRegistered User regular
    >Can easily unlock all the costumes doing that.
    You get random items from a certain pool depending on which enemy you fight, and which enemy you fight is completely random (something like a 2.5% chance for a specific boss). Unless of course you buy the real money item that lets you choose the enemy you want to fight.

I don't think that counts as "easily".

>so I can't speak to any flaws that require you to actually know how to play these things
    You don't need to know how to play the game to know that when you play online it lags horribly even if both players are in Japan on high speed connections, and that some characters can just infinite combo you to death with 1-3 attacks. Or post-patch, that some characters have completely useless specials.

Seriously the game's still pretty new but the price has already dropped to 30%, and there are news sites running articles on how terrible it is.

• Options
    The percentages range from 2.2% to 4.1%.
    Fortunately, both the rock paper scissors kid and the cairo informant let you pick who you want to fight. There is absolutely no need to buy the real money items at all. It gives you the items that increase boss percentages as you increase your campaign mode rank, and if you use all the other pointless items, you can trick Surface into duplicating them.
    I'm not defending the mode -- streaks without any bosses at all are really annoying, every vision you have to fight is a total waste of time since all they give you is sound effects, and it's a naked cash grab.
    I'm just saying if you just want the costumes, you'll easily get them in a week and a half with minimal effort like I have.

And I don't play online because I can't actually play fighting games worth a damn. I got the game because I like Jojo a lot; that alone has been more than enough motivation to keep playing and enjoying the game for what it does well, which is fan service.

• Options
    bigwillchbigwillch Registered User regular
    This is out now in the EU, but as far as I can tell is only available digitally on PSN for a whopping £45! I notice the Japanese disc version can now be got for about £20 but I'm just wondering if there are any downsides to getting the Japanese version? (language, dlc etc.)
    I'll probably just wait until the ridiculous download price is dropped as I am keen to get this game at some point.

fss.png
    xbox GT: Big Will C H