As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heart] Shaped Thread Gets Two Thumbs Up!

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    wait did you break your arm on the date or did you have a broken arm during the date

because one of those is worse than the other.

First thing. Slipped in the rain and whoops.

This was several months ago and I'm still beating myself up over it.

rhylith on
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    oh jeeze

I'm sorry, that is pretty bad luck

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I have a super-sweet baseball double date this weekend with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPgf2meEX1w

and it's gonna be great. Baseball games are the best thing ever.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    I had a broken arm during a date once.

It was back when I was a teenager. I wanted to try putting my arm around her, but she kept sitting to my right when my right arm was in a cast (one of those that keeps your elbow at 90 degrees), so I wasn't sure if she was trying to tell me something or if it was just completely unintentional.

Later she asked why I hadn't made a move, so I guess it was unintentional.
    Then she dumped me the day after I got the cast off.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I think dating in the US is different to here in the UK. A date is more serious here and you don't date more than one person.

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Lars wrote: »
    I had a broken arm during a date once.

It was back when I was a teenager. I wanted to try putting my arm around her, but she kept sitting to my right when my right arm was in a cast (one of those that keeps your elbow at 90 degrees), so I wasn't sure if she was trying to tell me something or if it was just completely unintentional.

Later she asked why I hadn't made a move, so I guess it was unintentional.
    Then she dumped me the day after I got the cast off.
    I'm sorry that you were cast away like that

I'll show myself out

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I have a super-sweet baseball double date this weekend with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPgf2meEX1w

and it's gonna be great. Baseball games are the best thing ever.

damn, i would love to go on a double date with usher and alicia keys

that sounds sweet as hell

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I think dating in the US is different to here in the UK. A date is more serious here and you don't date more than one person.

There's dating in the UK??? I wasn't aware of this?? :s

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

I think I saw a documentary about it. A handsome man in a big, wooden telephone booth appears to you in an alleyway and then you travel through space and time.

At first I thought it must be just a television show but they all had British accents so I knew it was educational.

Pretty much this!!

dating is made up by big hallmark to sell cards

or something

This weekend I was clearing out my room and found all the valentines, birthday and christmas cards my ex sent me. On the same day I found out she had a new boyfriend, a double whammy of disillusionment!

:(

:( ?

I'm cheering myself up by watching Alan Partridge and drinking Cider!

I'm joining a new gym on Friday which will get my out of the house more often, currently I'm just mooching about home doing bugger all!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    This weekend I was clearing out my room and found all the valentines, birthday and christmas cards my ex sent me. On the same day I found out she had a new boyfriend, a double whammy of disillusionment!

sorry man.

I tossed all that stuff without looking. like a bandaid.

I still have the wedding bands and the first jewelry I got mine.

I keep -forgetting- to sell it =(

Xaquin on

:( ?

For Sharpy.

edited April 2014
    oh, duh.

Yeah, I had to throw out a whole drawer worth of letters a couple of days ago, I made the mistake of rereading my favorite one beforehand!

WheatBun01 on
    I didn't read them, but my mum did ... out loud. Thanks mum!

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I throw everything away.

I have an ex that never took down the Facebook photos from when we were together and it still kinda makes me uneasy even though we're both moved-on and on good terms. It only now occurs to me that I've never asked her wife how she feels about that stuff. One is both of our heads sticking out from under some covers.

I guess she must be fine with it.

I didn't read them, but my mum did ... out loud. Thanks mum!

jeebus =/

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm always surprised when I hear someone say they aren't sure if it's a date or not.

Just ask. Never hurts to ask.

edited April 2014
    I still have stuff from Boy in a box at the bottom of my wardrobe, I'll trow them out when looking at it doesn't make me sad. Probably be soon.

trow.

I will trow them out. pfff.

Liiya on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I also don't keep cards. Never saw the point. I hate that awkward moment when I can't decide if I've kept a card long enough to throw it away or not.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I avoid all the awkwardness that comes with dating and relationships by walling myself off entirely from the world at large

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I throw everything away.

I have an ex that never took down the Facebook photos from when we were together and it still kinda makes me uneasy even though we're both moved-on and on good terms. It only now occurs to me that I've never asked her wife how she feels about that stuff. One is both of our heads sticking out from under some covers.

I guess she must be fine with it.

first thing I did is take down facebook stuff.

next I'm burning 8 years of family photos to blu ray discs. One set for my ex, one set for each of my sons, and then I'm purging every picture with her in it.

Just light it on fire in your yard.

That's what trowing is.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i have a bunch of stupid shit from my whatever-you-call-him.

A wine bottle stopper. A reasonably pricey second monitor. Some whisky. Etc.

Basically all shit that's too useful/nice to throw out so instead I just get sad for a while every time I use it or come across it.

well there's nothing wrong with the hard drive!

I still have stuff from Boy in a box at the bottom of my wardrobe, I'll trow them out when looking at it doesn't make me sad. Probably be soon.

trow.

I found trowing ( :expressionless: ) everything out helped me - though my ex said during our breakup that she didn't want me to throw everything away so that I could look back on the good times ....

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    For our first date, my girlfriend and I got hotdogs, then went to watch roller derby.

For our first anniversary we went to watch roller derby, then got hotdogs.

Switching it up, Pipe! Got to keep things fresh.

edited April 2014

trow.

I found trowing ( :expressionless: ) everything out helped me - though my ex said during our breakup that she didn't want me to throw everything away so that I could look back on the good times ....

edit: ah nm

no use crying over spilled milk Xaquin!

Xaquin on

trow.

Perhaps the time to trow has come then, and it'll help. The only thing I'll keep is my camera because I use that lots and while a lovely gift isn't that sentimental in the way its a hand-written card because Boy never got me anything on V-Day or whatever.

trow.

Perhaps the time to trow has come then, and it'll help. The only thing I'll keep is my camera because I use that lots and while a lovely gift isn't that sentimental in the way its a hand-written card because Boy never got me anything on V-Day or whatever.

I've kept all my practical gifts because I ain't throwing my shiny new sports bag away even if she did get me it!

My ex bought me my ipod and my original 360.

You better believe I wasn't trowing that stuff out.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    For our first date, my girlfriend and I got hotdogs, then went to watch roller derby.

We're thinking this year we'll eat hot rolls and enjoy some dog derby.

We're thinking this year we'll eat hot rolls and enjoy some dog derby.

I'd pay good money to watch some Dog Derby.

I'm picturing roller derby but with bulldogs on skateboards.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Frow it all out, guv

This discussion has been closed.