As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, April 21, 2014 - Penny Arcade: The Series Season 4, Ep. 10: Cliffhanger (4th Panel)

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Monday, April 21, 2014 - Penny Arcade: The Series Season 4, Ep. 10: Cliffhanger (4th Panel)

• In this episode, our heroes create the strip "Cliffhanger."

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Lingering GrinLingering Grin Registered User regular
    The most important debate, ever. LOL

• Options
    megascorchermegascorcher NorwayRegistered User regular
    Oh, that was Charles? I had not gathered that was Charles.

• Options
    ZurnicZurnic Registered User regular
    Any way of getting one of the sweet Acquisitions Incorporated steins?

• Options
    DoomclownDoomclown Registered User regular
    I think I'm on Jerry's side of the rock debate. I'm not sure I see the difference between rock-pushing and, say, putting footprints on the pristine face of the moon. I mean, the rock guy was being more douchy about it, but I'm not convinced there's a real argument here that he did something terrible.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Doomclown wrote: »
    I think I'm on Jerry's side of the rock debate. I'm not sure I see the difference between rock-pushing and, say, putting footprints on the pristine face of the moon. I mean, the rock guy was being more douchy about it, but I'm not convinced there's a real argument here that he did something terrible.
    That guy destroyed something people pay money to see. Regardless of if it was "art", it was inside a state park that people pay to go in and see. I see this as materially worse than if he went into an art gallery and destroyed something. At least at the art gallery you can get new art. Those million year old rocks aren't a renewable resource, and are probably seen by far more people than most art. I was unable to find the total amount they had to pay, but it was at most ~$5000 plus $2000 in court fees. Plus a year's probation. I view that as small. At least he now has a felony conviction on his record. That has the potential to be the worst part for him in the long term.

• Options
    dead.juicedead.juice Registered User regular
    I feel for Jerry in this argument. I am an artist, but I think more like a writer.
    Mike is acting like the Goblin rocks are the only rocks in the world. Of course it sucks that some dimwit shoved them over. But also, rocks don't give a fuck. They are rocks. There is a reason we use rocks as an standard for anything that is steadfast or has any sense of fortitude.
    Trees are much more complex, that is why Jerry cares about them more. The beauty and strength of a rock is that when you break it apart, it is still a rock. It is in a certain sense, more, when it is broken apart. You can knock down a rock, and now it is several rocks.
    You knock out a tree's roots, and you've fucking killed it. Trees are "Beautiful" not because of their visual nature alone, but because of their complexity and relatablility in their frailness.
    A rock, or mineral, can be turned into a valuable material like Ruby or Diamond, and once it is in that is form, it can be more visually attractive to normal human standards than a simple tree.

• Options
    dead.juicedead.juice Registered User regular
    Mike's just mad someone celebrated against something he liked.
    That's why he needed backup from a random hipster. Of course they are going to agree with you. They'll agree with you if you are the first to present it, and if you have a deep ideology for it.
    That doesn't make you right, that just means you got some hipsters to back you up, because hipsters stay away from the standard, and go for the ideology of things. That's a good thing, unless you are manipulating it in your favor.

• Options
    TalbotAlligatorTalbotAlligator Registered User regular
    dead.juice wrote: »
    That's why he needed backup from a random hipster. Of course they are going to agree with you. They'll agree with you if you are the first to present it, and if you have a deep ideology for it.
    That doesn't make you right, that just means you got some hipsters to back you up, because hipsters stay away from the standard, and go for the ideology of things. That's a good thing, unless you are manipulating it in your favor.
    so because you don't agree with them agreeing with Mike, you diminish Erika and Kiko's opinions as those of "a random hipster"?
    just because they agree with Mike, they're just sheep he took advantage of instead of friends/coworkers with actual opinions of their own that may just happen to agree with Mike's instead of Jerry's (who you obviously agree with)? they agree with Mike so now they are nothing more than random nameless meaningless worthless strangers of no value to the discussion.

whether trees or rocks are particularly important is neither right or wrong. Mike and Jerry obviously have differing opinions. as you have yours. and Erika and Kiko have theirs.

but diminishing the opinions of people who you disagree with doesn't make you right, that just means you can't defend your stance on its own merits any more than Mike can.

yes you can accuse Mike of the same thing.
    the way he resorted to finding people to "back him up" as you say to dogpile on Jerry is weakness on his part; but that doesn't make you any more right.
    its just means you are as bad as Mike is as far as resorting to alternative attacks to win an argument instead of being able to defend your opinion on its own.