As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Surface 2 display dead?

Killed while watching Transistor Quick Look, only 2 months old. :(
vHl0E1P.jpg?1
I was planning on sending for a replacement, unless someone has had a similar issue and knows how to resolve it.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Is it stuck on that screen? Does it boot fully? Have you tried doing a reset? Letting the power run out and recharging? What does it do when you turn it on?

Did...did you turn it off and on again?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Yeah, I did the whole reset and nothing changed. There's nothing wrong with the touch sensitivity and all programs are running normally. It just looks like somebody inverted the colors, set brightness to max and added a fuzzy green/black border around the edge of screen.

• Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    How long have you owned it? Microsoft just announced the surface pro 3, if you ask nicely maybe you can trade up as part of the RMA!

Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Literally a month and a half.
    I actually bought it for my sister, but I haven't managed to get it to her yet. Now I'm glad because it would have been much harder for her to get it replaced from where she lives.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Could be a dud, unless you remember putting a particular stress on the screen (I seriously doubt this--my rather large roommate sat on my Surface Pro 1, snapping the stand, but did nothing to the screen).

Microsoft has a separate department for Surface product support, and at least in my experience, it was fairly painless to set it up. And given the time frame, I think you'll have no trouble for an RMA. Or you could go with the retailer you got it from, if not the MS Store.