Options

[Wildstar] Dawn of the Final Day: 24 Hours Remain. GET. HYPE.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    If I was going to pick something other then TS3, it would be Mumble, because I have experience using it in the SWTOR guild I joined a little while back that used it for raids. Either would be preferable to Vent based on sound quality, accessibility and how much we can control both compared to the monolith that is PA G&T Vent.

488W936.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I smell a pollllllllllllll

A poll for the poll.

Should we have a poll:
    -Yes
    -Shit yeah

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I'd like to go on record as saying that the Prime Rule extends to the mumble server, should we be using that.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I think at this point, more executive decision making by Beezel, Sporky and Raz (Hail Flymo) would be better. We are at 2 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes to launch now. Not as much time to be faffing about with polls.

488W936.png
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Does our Dominion side have a raid leader? Having done it for so long, i'd be willing to toss my hat into it to help lead in that aspect.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm down with mumble. That said, it sucks that I have to have all three VOIP software offerings on my computer at all times. Will y'all get your shit together and pick one? :P

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    Roe wrote: »
    I don't see the reason for us all not using Vent. I mean, there are two channels already set up there, why divide the community?

Mumble is a billion times better than vent and has more features and (this is key) is much easier and more intuitive to use.

So does Teamspeak 3.

Never used TS myself.

TS3 is actually pretty fantastic: It has the out-of-the-box simple functionality like Mumble that appeals to the casual user, and has a ton of under the hood goodies and features to give way more control to the power-users. And less tweaking required then Vent, but they didn't just pluck things out. (Like individual volume controls)

Did Mumble ever add the functionality to do user-to-user binds like TS3 and Vent have? After being turned on to them in Vanilla WoW, I would never want to raid lead without them... Each of the role leads would be able to give assignments/callouts on the fly to just their teams, leaving chat open for anything pertinent to the entire raid group. (OK so the healers would just have a healer bind to talk smack about the dummies standing in fire because we were a bunch of catty assholes, but we'll pretend it was for more altruistic reasons.) Not really a thing with smaller raids, but just so much cleaner without people trying to talk over each other in a 40 man. Then we had officer binds so we could chat about loot distribution (yay loot council!) and where we were going, etc.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I think it's called linking on mumble. I haven't messed with it yet though since...y'know. Launch. If we're raiding a month in I'll see if I can set it up based on our needs.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    Does our Dominion side have a raid leader? Having done it for so long, i'd be willing to toss my hat into it to help lead in that aspect.

I believe @Anon the Felon‌ is taking the reigns for raiding.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Dangerous CheeseDangerous Cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I'd vote for mumble, been using it for WoW raids for the past couple of years and pretty happy with how it works/quality etc. Also the overlay feature is pretty useful

Also Beezel is super generous for paying for it too, maybe we can Paypal him some bucks?

I have no idea what it costs to run a mumble server, but would be happy to chip in

Dangerous Cheese on
    Nexus Zoning Committee - Talixa
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Does Mumble have G15 integration for the LCD screen?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    I think it's called linking on mumble. I haven't messed with it yet though since...y'know. Launch. If we're raiding a month in I'll see if I can set it up based on our needs.
    Oh neat!

Yeah if your folks get into organized 40 man stuff, I highly recommend using linking/binds/whispers... Even just for little things, like our melee would use them for interrupt rotations. Instead of the entire raid having to listen to KICK every 8 seconds for 10 minutes, we could have our normal silly conversations and the bind would mute everyone for the bind's users so they could hear what they needed.

Just one of those nice little things to avoid a wipe and the inevitable follow up of: WELL I COULD HAVE HEARD THE CALLOUT IF YOU WEREN'T TALKING ABOUT WHETHER AMERICAN CHEESE SHOULD EVEN BE REFERRED TO AS CHEESE. (It shouldn't)

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    got mumble set up.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »

Welp, Time to be a Dominionite, and usurp his position.

• Options
    KhaczorKhaczor Registered User regular
    I've always had great experiences with mumble. Will be happy to jump on and start playing once I get back from vacation in 2 weeks.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So what time on the 31st does this start? Like, the night of the 30th? When do I need to have my red bull prepared? Got some work friends ready to roll for Exile as well.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We're using Mumble

You ain't doing music dissertations: you are talking to other nerds about killing fake dragons.

You will live.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    samh5621samh5621 Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    preorder it from GMG

ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11 for 20% off.

And it's done. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

ULyaWWg.png
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I have to say, I've been enjoying this thread more than almost any other I've ever followed in my relatively short time being a PA'er.

Also, I'm way more excited about this game than a grown man should be for a cartoon.

If I wasn't paralyzed with indecision about which faction and class to play, I'd be dancing with joy nonstop till the 31st.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    We're using Mumble

You ain't doing music dissertations: you are talking to other nerds about killing fake dragons.

You will live.

THERE ARE DRAGONS?

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So what time on the 31st does this start? Like, the night of the 30th? When do I need to have my red bull prepared? Got some work friends ready to roll for Exile as well.

Wildstar servers go Live on May 31st at these times. (24hr clock)
    00:00PST, 03:00EST, 08:00GMT

And just to confuse the fuck out of you people further, that means that those of you in:
    Alaska get to play at 23:00 on May 30th
    Hawaii... get to play at 21:00 on May 30th

Hooray for the magic of time zones!

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Im going to end up putting my self in a redbull stupor for that saturday morning shift at 7:15 am :blush: though Ill get at least 6 hours of sleep so that should help.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Hopefully the late start will lead to a smoother release :) Played Medic to 7 again and I'm set on that for release. The true question is will he be a blue, pink, or red chua. Leaning toward blue for medic, pink for esper.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Lots of people signed up for the early launch partying for Exiles. I don't know how organized we'll be able to be but the good news is that we shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone else to play with. I expect we'll all hang out in Mumble.

We're planning on going to Algoroc, the rocky frontier zone, just to make it easier to find each other.

Also a reminder that @Dr. Phibbs McAthey has Big Damn Heroes reserved for us, so we're rushing to some extent to get him to 12 with 10 gold to get the guild going. If I remember right, by level 12 you have like 2 gold to your name. If people would be willing to send gold to him or me when we get to that point, it would be very helpful. I will reimburse you if you would like.

This is assuming the servers even work, because seriously good luck.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Y'all mu'fuckers will get your damn dirty guild name when I'm good and ready!

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »

Welp, Time to be a Dominionite, and usurp his position.

I mean, you're welcome to try.

But I doubt it will end well for you.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Given the apparent size of each guild, 10-20 silver from each member should cover registration costs easy.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    the only thing he has going for him is that he is "Sephiroth".

you are still "Sephiroth", right @Noizlanif ?

Egos on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I'm still undecided if I want to main Dominion or Exile. I mean I'll obviously have both anyway, but really this is just sort of down to where I put my warrior.

• Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Given the apparent size of each guild, 10-20 silver from each member should cover registration costs easy.

That's if 50 people play immediately and they're all willing to pay. I'd like to get it started sooner than that if possible. But yeah I don't think it'll be too tough to raise the money.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    If you literally can not decide on which faction to play, being conflicted or indifferent about race and aesthetic, base your decision on the people you want to play with.

Actually.

Just base your decision on the people you want to play with. Picking your faction based on their starting zone (or some other tangential minor aesthetic) is a dumb thing. You only spend an hour there. Decide based on the races available and the people you're going to be talking to. Those are really the only important factors. Story could be a corner case influence, if you care deeply about that stuff.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    I hope creating a character/guild using your reserved name is just seamless. It could potentially go really wrong. Can you imagine if people are told their reserved names are taken?

It's already going to happen, because I'm sure some people thought they got a certain name but misspelled it slightly. There will be blood.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Y'all mu'fuckers will get your damn dirty guild name when I'm good and ready!

Feel free to extort large sums of money from the dirty Exiles for the usage rights. :evil:

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    I'm still undecided if I want to main Dominion or Exile. I mean I'll obviously have both anyway, but really this is just sort of down to where I put my warrior.

I'm having a bit of trouble determining where I want my warrior also.

On one side: Mechari and Draken . On the other: GRANOK and Mordesh

• Options
    After a bit of thinking, I decided to redesign my Mechari for launch as well.

5yaVgdV.jpg

She'll just be for name reservation to start, but once I am situated Exile side, she'll get some leveling. Seeing as it looks like both guilds will be on the same server, I'm hoping to try and raid on both sides at some point as well.

488W936.png
  • Options
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

As an Exile PvP'er... I'm now terrified haha

• Options
    Looks like Exiles will be dominating the raid scene while the Dominion is going to murder faces in PvP.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Exile PVE climbing fast while Dominion PVP being stagnant. Was this poll passed around the dominion boards or whatever?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Why won't it let me vote?nvm

DemonStacey on
This discussion has been closed.