As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mumble won't pic up my mic

SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
I use a ps3 bluetooth headset as my computer mic and it works fine for Skype and teamspeak. Been trying to get it to work for Mumble as the wildstar guild decided to use primarily. It lists the headset as the audio input but doesn't pick up any sound, register any volumes when you try and do the audio wizard setup and the little speak icon doesn't light up next to your name when talking.

Anyone have any idea why it seems to work fine for everything else but won't work with mumble? Any support thread just says re-install ( I have) and make sure the audio input is correct (tried every option).

PSN SeGaTai

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Open up Mumble and something else simultaneously and see if the mic works in the other thing. This will help you figure out whether Mumble is deactivating the mic or whether something else is happening.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I've found mumble doesn't work consistently unless you run it as admin.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Have you tried setting it as the default recording device in Windows sound options, and then selecting 'Default Device' in Mumble? Sometimes windows is weird about that.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "Default device" in mumble is another possibility, I remember once I tried to set mumble to my specific headphones and the mic stopped working, but as soon as I set it back to 'default device' it worked fine.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind