As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I think this is unacceptable.

2»

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Ignoring the cross-forum bullshit that got started in here....

If Bogey felt this was an alt screenname of someone trying to be stupid, then he should have locked it and banned the main screenname.

If Bogey felt this was someone from another forum trying to stir up shit, then he should have locked it and gotten in touch with said forum's owners (through the proper channels).

If Bogey felt this was a legitimate first time poster, who was misguided, then he should have locked it and PM'ed him the rules, perhaps with a temporary suspension to make sure they got read.

In none of these scenarios is the thread unlocked with a comment that people are encouraged to "yell" at the new poster.

If anything, if you wanted this thread to be made an example of, you should have said that in your locking post, and MOVED IT. From my understanding, administrative moves are done in the Monkey's Den, and I think mocking posters falls under administrative moves in a morbid way.

I'm with ShimSham on this one. If I were not from around these parts, and saw that thread, I would have turned and left this place, never looking back.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Mr. Yos MannMr. Yos Mann Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    It would be classy to transfer the thread to G&T. But a more important question remains: Why did the poster put up that thread in SE?

Mr. Yos Mann on
    shinichiropot2.gif
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    God, you guys are drama queens. This stuff is fine in SE. Quit yer bitchin'

And to the jackasses who brought up the cross-forum bullshit out of absolutely nowhere, will you kindly get over the fact that G&T is now a proper on topic forum? Just get therapy or something :x

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well, clearly, that was wholly inappropriate behavior from a democratically elected member of the government. Clearly, we should immediately initiate impeachment proceedings, in order to remove him from office.

Oh, wait, this isn't the government, it's an internet forum. The off-topic portion thereof, actually. And that was a fucking stupid post. If people don't want to be mocked, they shouldn't make fucking stupid posts. Especially in SE++.

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.