As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Archer: Season 5!

1282930313234»

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Re: Pam
    I may be misremembering but I think in one of the interviews it was said that
    once they run out of/sell/eat all the cocaine, she switches to huge amounts of sugar to fill the gap and gains the weight back

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    "We're stabbing science into your brain!"

Yeah I had to pause the episode right there the finish laughing.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Re: Pam
    I may be misremembering but I think in one of the interviews it was said that
    once they run out of/sell/eat all the cocaine, she switches to huge amounts of sugar to fill the gap and gains the weight back
    Looking forward to Kreiger making her a robotic foot when she loses her real one to the 'Beetus.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Seriously.
    You can not cock tease me like this.

You have a Smokey and the Bandit cocaine run just sitting there, advertising, teasing me.

and you want me to wait 3 weeks for it.

This is got to be some violation of human rights!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes, this is the worst violation of human rights to come out of the winter olympics.

Edit: You know, upon review, that's kind of poor taste. Sorry.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    To your defense, this is an archer thread.

Offensive jokes are a staple of our diet.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    this wouldn't have happened under Nikolai Jakov

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I watched the last episode... or maybe the episode from last week, where Agent Holly inspects the manor. Pam is lookin' good.

Plus, did anybody else note that Archer, although he's still making the same innuendo-filled jokes, or maybe not so innuendo, he's a little more gentle with it, like he's only doing it now to bring Lana out of her depressed moods. And it seems to be working. She ends up laughing at him and not feeling bad. If that is what is going on, Archer is showing compassion. Color me impressed.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Lana needs to do more baby talk cause she does it awesomely.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Yeah, there's been solid character development over the last few seasons. Not quite Venture Bros levels, but

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Why is Archer off for 3 weeks anyway? Its not like the olympics are on FX

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    "reasons"

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Because trying to compete with Olympic air times is suicide?

It would be like scheduling a new episode to run against the Super Bowl

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Not really

Justified was new just last night

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Because trying to compete with Olympic air times is suicide?

It would be like scheduling a new episode to run against the Super Bowl

That's definitely an overstatement. The Winter Olympics is nowhere near that popular.

• Options
    This year seems especially lackluster on the public interest front

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah we got new Teen Wolf on Monday too

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    This year seems especially lackluster on the public interest front

There are some pretty good reasons for that!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I would much rather various networks grow some stones and compete against the significantly less popular Olympics. You've got good TV, no need to hide just because scary Curling is on

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Other networks take a break out of respect for the glory of Silje Norendal

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    this wouldn't have happened under Nikolai Jakov, Head of the KGB

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    A public service reminder that this is back on tonight.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    I would much rather various networks grow some stones and compete against the significantly less popular Olympics. You've got good TV, no need to hide just because scary Curling is on

I'd have to double check, but I believe when some of the networks ran new programming against the Olympics last Monday, they all got series (not season, series) low ratings, even normally popular ones. Apparently the only show not affected by the Olympics is The Walking Dead.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »

I'd have to double check, but I believe when some of the networks ran new programming against the Olympics last Monday, they all got series (not season, series) low ratings, even normally popular ones. Apparently the only show not affected by the Olympics is The Walking Dead.

Ironically Walking Dead is unkillable, even the Olympics can't scratch it.

• Options
    This episode is a good opportunity to remind you all that Smokey and the Bandit is indeed a badass movie

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Some real touching moments in this episode. Also some goddamn hilarious ones.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I don't know. I need to watch this one again. It didn't strike me as funny as the last few. I guess I was expecting more... Bandit.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    You know, for as much of an ass as Archer is, he's fundamentally a pretty good guy. Look at how much shit he's taking from... well, just about everyone this episode, despite being the bail-out guy, and how he inexplicably hasn't murdered Pam yet, despite her totally and completely deserving it at this point.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Pams tits didn't get bigger, the rest of her just got smaller. Why didn't Archer point that out!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Christina and I powered through the first four seasons of this show in maybe two weeks, and now that we have discovered that season 5 is not up on Netflix yet, we are scratching at our throats not unlike the way Woodhouse does when he doesn't get his fix.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I just watched season 5 on Netflix last week.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    In America?

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    In Canada.

I just assumed the states got everything we got and much more.

• Options
    Taya wrote: »
    In Canada.

In this case, you guys got the goods well ahead of us.

• Options
    Netflix here doesn't seem to get stuff before the DVD releases. And Archer DVDs always release the week before the new season, which is always in January. So I wouldn't expect Season 5 of Archer for about 7 months in the States.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    In Canada.

Unrelated to the topic at hand, but that isn't the case anymore. I'm not trying to shill for this guy, just found this site rather useful for tracking new Netflix releases. To make up for the link I give you an interview with H. Jon Benjamin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9crAnfDgKE8

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth