As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Hookah 2014

JadensmithJadensmith LurkerSurrey, BCRegistered User regular
edited May 2014 in PAX West
Pre-PAX Hookah Lounge

Its time to smoke again. Before we go any further this will be at a Hookah Lounge. No outside substances; tobacco, illegal, or otherwise. It will be an +18 event only. Sorry the Lounge rules not mine.

The When
2030 (8:30 pm) On Thursday August 28th 2014.

The Where
It will take place at The Night Owl in Seattle. They were really awesome and accommodating last year and they are looking forward to us coming back again.
It is a bit of a walk so driving might be a better option; I know there is some interest already so this may be a nice place to catch-a-ride.

The Cost
Cover Charge is $5.50, that gives you a year membership so free if you are already a member. You will also need ID to prove your +18. Hookah will run around $20 for a regular bowl more for Premium. Refills are cheaper and we can all pitch in, so if you can only afford the cover charge we can lessen the cost for you while we are there. (see website in spoiler for full menu) There is no minimum ratio for people to Hookah so come out and chill even if you don't smoke. I can talk to the Lounge closer to the date about discounts once we get a better idea of numbers as well.

The Rest
This place has all kinds stuff to do but we will be bringing games as well. In the past Munchkin, Zombie Dice, MTG, 3DS, etc. have all been popular bring your favorites. I am very excited to do this again and I look forward to meeting you all again soon.

Jadensmith on

• MuffinOfDeathMuffinOfDeath Registered User regular
    aaaaaaaaay, super excited for the pre-pax hookah meetup again this year! me, my ginger friend, and maybe 1 or 2 more will prolly show up again man!

• ApplezJuiceApplezJuice Modesto, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ooooo just my crowd! Too bad I can't bring in a cigar though :disappointed:

East 2016-
    color=green][b]✓[/b][/color Tickets
    [ ] Find a room
    color=green][b]✓[/b][/color Crying to go already
    [ ] Bar Party
  • JadensmithJadensmith Lurker Surrey, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Well every night, after convention closes, we hang out on the steps of the convention hall with cigars and pipe tobacco. You should come hang-out.

Jadensmith on
    Jadensmith wrote: »
    Well every night, after convention closes, we hang out on the steps of the convention hall with cigars and pipe tobacco. You should come hang-out.
    Count me there!

East 2016-
    [ ] Find a room
    [ ] Bar Party
  • asleepypandaasleepypanda Registered User regular
    Thinking about doing this but I've never done something like this before. Noob to smoking here.

fss.png
    Hookah is a good place to start for new people. You can get flavors that are not really harsh but have a good taste to them. A lot easier to smoke than a cigar for first timers :smile:

East 2016-
    [ ] Find a room
    [ ] Bar Party
    Last year we went nuts with fruit bowls and iced hoses, theres really a ton of flavors to be had, and its a fun environment, if you're considering it, i reccomend giving the pre-pax hookah meetup a try, its been a great time every year!

This place is really cool about new people. There is no ratio of people to hookahs, so you can come just hang out and try once if you don't like it then just chill and play games with us.

• sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    I'm pretty pumped for this. This will be my first Prime (third PAX overall), and Boston doesn't have laws conducive to a gathering like this.

Hoping I can chill with y'all.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
    Yes of course you can chill with us. The place is not to hard to find. I look forward to seeing you there.

WEEEEEEEEEELL the night owl is KINDA hard to find. Its the second floor above a taco shop, you have to look for the sign out front of it and the door doesnt really have markings lol

• banghibanghi luddite... CascadiaRegistered User regular
    I was actually looking forward to this but may now have other plans. Will send my friends up for sure and we'll be out on the sidewalks throughout the weekend with some form of cig/vape...

pax
    clt
    WEEEEEEEEEELL the night owl is KINDA hard to find. Its the second floor above a taco shop, you have to look for the sign out front of it and the door doesnt really have markings lol

Yeah that is true. I forgot about that. It was half hidden the first time we went. Think of it as a quest...Where the reward is smoke and fun.
    Banghi sorry you can't make it but defiantly tell your buddies to stop by. We will be the large group pumped about PAX.

do you think we'll have to bring along our own fruit for the fruit bowls this year?
    I can only imagine it, ton of us just show up with fruit baskets

• CraytonCrayton Registered User new member
    do you think we'll have to bring along our own fruit for the fruit bowls this year?
    I can only imagine it, ton of us just show up with fruit baskets
    We'll call them and see if they'll actually be stocked this time. Let you know when I find out.

• CosmopolitanCosmopolitan Registered User regular
    Will mention this to my friends and hopefully we can come to a consensus for Thurs activities =O
    But I do enjoy a hookah from time to time

• sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Do the prices seem high to anyone else? Most places around me cost $8 per person for groups of 2 or more with $6 refills, or $12 for a solo smoker with 1 refill included. This is pretty standard both for the high end lounges and the student shops I've been to (I live between Ft. Collins/Colorado State University and Boulder, CO/University of Colorado).

I'm asking purely for my own perspective/academic purposes. I don't have a problem necessarily with the price, just wondering what people usually expect to pay wherever they're are coming from.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    sacratoy wrote: »
    Do the prices seem high to anyone else? Most places around me cost $8 per person for groups of 2 or more with $6 refills, or $12 for a solo smoker with 1 refill included. This is pretty standard both for the high end lounges and the student shops I've been to (I live between Ft. Collins/Colorado State University and Boulder, CO/University of Colorado).

I'm asking purely for my own perspective/academic purposes. I don't have a problem necessarily with the price, just wondering what people usually expect to pay wherever they're are coming from.
    TBH I was thinking the same thing, I'd love to come join in on the fun but my PAX budget this year is alright a bit tighter than normal :'( and $20 for a bowl with a single hose seem steep...

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
    Unfortunately its a general thing here in seattle, the prices are pretty steep, (I think it may be due to our tobbaco taxes and such, but it could just be how we roll) either way, you dont have to buy one to hang out there, just come join, maybe mooch off a hose or two (ill probably grab at least 2 hookahs and keep em running.) just come to chat and maybe get a hookah if you want!

The lounge remembers us and is excited to have us back. For those that remembered from last year we shall be taking over the front area again. I am excited to see everyone.

About what time do you guys do this btw? Im sure jd and I would be down to chill and chat about the day.

We are driving down that day we should be there around Seattle before dinner. So after we check-in and get tickets we should be at night owl at 8-8:30 ish.

We are driving down that day we should be there around Seattle before dinner. So after we check-in and get tickets we should be at night owl at 8-8:30 ish.

I meant the cigar/Pipe Tobacco smoking nightly, just when doors close or no specific time?

edited August 2014
    Oh that, once the PAX shuts down for the night we are on the steps on the corner.

Jadensmith on
  • ArthrellorNailoArthrellorNailo Registered User new member
    What time does the Hookah lounge close? I'd love to join but my flight doesn't get in until around 10:30 pm

• BananaPieBananaPie Cute Animal Overlord Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User new member
    First timer here, going with friend. It sounds like a good time and I'm looking forward to it :smiley:

What time does the Hookah lounge close? I'd love to join but my flight doesn't get in until around 10:30 pm

The lounge closes at 1 am, so you'll have some time!

• Zer0_NationZer0_Nation Registered User new member
    Will there be any consoles (Ps3/4, xbox, etc) set up?

Negative to the consoles but card games/board games are ok to bring; there is also a pool table there. There is also a taco place below the lounge for foods.

• Zer0_NationZer0_Nation Registered User new member
    Kk. Sounds good.

Talked to the manager she is excited for us. She is talking about discounts after certain amount of hookah purchased. She was non specific as to the number. She requested to not bring your own fruit for the bowls. She said she will be stocking some for us to use. See you all tomorrow night.

haha s***, Cancel the fruit baskets everyone!

That being said, SUPER excited to see ya'll again!

Best hookah night ever thank you so much everyone.