As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Badges /are/ required in Tabletop

DrainDrain [E] Tabletop ManagerSeattleRegistered User regular
I've been hearing rumors that people think Attendee badges are not required to play in Tabletop Tournaments... that is not true.

Attendee badges must be displayed inside every room and at every Tabletop table at the WSCC and Motif Hotel.

If you would like to play a game with your friends and family that didn't manage to get a badge, please do so in a hotel lobby or space that is outside the bounds of the orange Tabletop areas on the maps. It sucks for everyone when an Enforcer has to ask someone to leave because they don't have a badge for some reason... especially if it's in the middle of a board game.

Thank you.

N9pjfAk.png
"I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    From what I remember of tabletop @ the Olive 8 last year, a badge was also required to participate within official PAX spaces. Definitely makes sense, especially with games being loaned out.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The issue is that there are public areas within the WSCC and the various pax-ified hotels. Many people mistake the existence of these public areas for the ability to use PAX areas without a badge. All areas within PAX require a badge.

• Options
    matguymatguy Registered User regular
    Sorry if this seems repetitive and slightly off topic, but this also applies to BYOC. There has been confusion about this in the past. A BYOC badge does not alleviate your PAX badge requirements.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah, a BYOC badge does not grant entry to PAX. You must have entry to PAX with a PAX badge first, and then once inside your BYOC badge grants entry to BYOC.

• Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Attendee badges must be displayed inside every room and at every Tabletop table at the WSCC and Motif Hotel..
    Did I miss that it was announced that tabletop would be at the Motif this year? At Pax12' it was in the Red Lion(Motif), Pax13' it was in the Olive 8.

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    robertrencerobertrence Registered User regular
    Red Lion for tabletop makes me sad. They're quite diligent about shoving out the CB.

PAX Prime to do list: Tickets: [X] Hotel: [X] Flight: [X] HQ: [X] Nachos: [] Cookies: []
    PAX South to do list: Tickets: [X] Hotel: [X] Flight: [X] HQ: [X] BBQ: [] Cookies: []

brigadebanner2013.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Spud387 wrote: »
    Attendee badges must be displayed inside every room and at every Tabletop table at the WSCC and Motif Hotel..
    Did I miss that it was announced that tabletop would be at the Motif this year? At Pax12' it was in the Red Lion(Motif), Pax13' it was in the Olive 8.

I'm not sure if that was formally announced yet, so consider that the announcement. TT will in fact be at Motif this year.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Red Lion for tabletop makes me sad. They're quite diligent about shoving out the CB.
    That shouldn't be a problem this year.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Drain wrote: »
    That shouldn't be a problem this year.

I super hope you're right.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Have the Cookie Brigade Queen (King? Commander? President?) send me a PM via these forums. I want to make sure you have the access you want.

N9pjfAk.png
  • Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nice! I am staying at the Red Lion so it'll be nice to have it there. I just hope their elevators are up to the task as it was a gong show in Pax12'

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14