Options

Desperation [chat]

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    yeah my parents were like you can bring girls home

i also told them i drank and did drugs

and that they didn't know me

I feel like parenting skill #1 is to keep a straight face when your child says this.

unfortunately I still have to say this...

and that I don't drink and do drugs (well, i don't actually)

Although things are changing, like the other day my sister and I were just killing a bottle of red wine in the living room and glaring at our mom to dare her to say something

sip sipsippy look at all this immorality I'm suckin' down here

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Wait. Now the whole spool family are in chat? This thread has jumped the shark

not the younger two. :P not allowed.

You'll let them earlier than you let BCleric, that's the inevitability of being an older child.

:|

I'm the oldest and my sister definitely got to do shit earlier than I did

BC you are the beta tester child

sry it's a fact of life

oldest has massive perks tho

would not give it up
    pray tell, speak of them, for I am at a fucking loss here

Scientifically, oldest children tend to be more driven and more successful in life than younger children.

Also, depending on ages, we got good experience with raising (well, helping raise) kids.

My youngest bro is 9 years younger than I am. I was definitely the only 10 year old in school that could change diapers and prepare formula and shit.

ok so a) overwhelming guilt and responsibility and b) diaper-changing payoff in a few decades

noap not buying it

I wanna be an insouciant fun-haver like my sister

not this terribly responsible job-haver like me right now

fortunately I'm close enough in age that I never had to change diapers or anything but a is definitely some bullshit

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I NEED AN ADULT.

I feel like I'm not sure what I can say here any more.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

I agree, Demon-S: nothing caps off a nice evening of getting ahead in schoolwork like hitting the hay early for a good night's sleep. Your mood and academic performance will both benefit!

@32children

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    She's not the youngest poster by far anyway. People are acting weird because she is your daughter, mostly.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

like seriously guys, she's old enough to go to college, she's old enough to nope out of the thread. I'm not going to behave differently hanging out with my bros in here, and y'all shouldn't either.

:)

Plus dudes you all have to know she lurked for months beforehand

So she knows all about your various wiener and butt problems

And all the horrible things you've done with both, etc

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Holy shit the band Polaris is going on tour

Who wants to go

I looked this up and they are the band from the beginning of the adventures of pete and pete!

Yes.

They have played once! And released one album - "music from the adventures of Pete and Pete"

I am so in

Hey Sandy is my jam

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Who wants to go

I looked this up and they are the band from the beginning of the adventures of pete and pete!

Yes.

They have played once! And released one album - "music from the adventures of Pete and Pete"

I am so in

They play Hey Sandy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_3uxzkoV4

And then everyone wonders what is the rest of the show gonna be and maybe spending $40 on a novelty concert ticket was not the best idea.

Set List

Hey Sandy
    Lucious Jackson Cover
    "Here's one from our new album"
    Hey Sandy

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Who wants to go

Yes.

I am so in

They play Hey Sandy

And then everyone wonders what is the rest of the show gonna be and maybe spending $40 on a novelty concert ticket was not the best idea.

The wave of feels from just that one song will all be worth it

They have a handful you'd probably recognize though

And I've spent $120+ to see katy perry from the upper deck, I don't care about no $40

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2014

Who wants to go

Yes.

I am so in

They play Hey Sandy

not true! they actually have a few other good songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wJKJP78DYQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQHys7NXO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ii_2I8N5I

Vanguard on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

You'll let them earlier than you let BCleric, that's the inevitability of being an older child.

get over it, I have three younger siblings.

I had to buy a car when I came to college in order to get to class.

My youngest two siblings each had a car of their own before they actually had their drivers licenses.

Actually Spool16 is the responsible one so

Kill him and take his powers blame slenderman

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Yeah I was definitely 15 when I started using these forums

these forums are... a little better than they were back then

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    it's like you all are fake 90s children

next you're going to tell me that creed only had one good album

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Fuckin' third, first, second child shit.

Ain't got time for that.

ONLY CHILD BITCHES.

Always the best. fyi hth.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    omg guys

humble bundle has added an "unredeemed keys" section

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

Looks fine. Note that 12" is maybe bigger than you need.

Yeah, my nicest pan is 12.6 and I wish I'd gotten a smaller one

I got a 12" pan a bit ago and use it for quesadillas all the time. I actually wish it was just a little bigger so I could get underneath the tortilla without scraping the bottom of the pan.

it's slightly bigger than the heating element so unless I let it sit for a while to get properly evenly heated up if I'm cooking an omelet on it the middle cooks faster than the edges which is annoying.

Oh, yeah, do that.

There are very few times I don't let the pan come to temp before I start cookin'

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    She's not the youngest poster by far anyway. People are acting weird because she is your daughter, mostly.

We don't have any under 18's in chat any more do we? I presume kids today are all twittering and snap chatting rather than foruming

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    friggin' what's his face is younger than spool's kid

i don't act different

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular

sry it's a fact of life

I'm late to the conversation here, I was off teaching spool14 about art...but yeah, this is an absolute truth. My mother actually told me (I'm the eldest, I have 2 younger brothers) I was the "science experiment" and we've passed that on to BC, she knows.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    yeah my parents were like you can bring girls home

i also told them i drank and did drugs

and that they didn't know me

I feel like parenting skill #1 is to keep a straight face when your child says this.

YES IT IS

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

We don't have any under 18's in chat any more do we? I presume kids today are all twittering and snap chatting rather than foruming

CB is really young, iirc

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Hm they are $17.50 but it's in Northampton

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

sry it's a fact of life

would not give it up

my parents only had enough money to send one of us to a good college. guess who won out there (bros had to get fin aid).

a natural upper hand in physical confrontations

no hand me downs

parents are way more excited/eager to do your "first"
    -first and only trip to Disney world my lil bros were too young to really enjoy it
    -parents wouldn't let younger bros do super competitive sports cuz they were burned out from all the travel and time involved with me
    -i got pushed a lot harder with music and academics which had positive returns

idk i can probs think of more

sry this seems like such a...non-brown life. In fairness tho my sister and I are only 14 months apart so resources weren't unequally distributed, we just had to do everything together so she got to have "older" experiences earlier and took all of my shit

I was the focus when things went wrong but never when they went right

wazilla that seems like a very outlier experience. Were you and your brother far apart, age-wise?

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Waitwait...

Spool kid is here now?

Spool kid is going to be at PAX?

What is this world we live in?!

You're putting on your vest now aren't you.
    Please make sure you practice your "But officer, I didn't know" line.

Exccuuuuuussseeee me dad

What is it you are implying about your fabulous daughter here?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Yeah I was definitely 15 when I started using these forums

these forums are... a little better than they were back then

I was about that age when I started. Back when it was a phorum and maybe there was only one. I can't really remember as I think I've been posting here for over 50% of my life now

• Options

of course it is

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    friggin' what's his face is younger than spool's kid

i don't act different

@cB557‌ Come in here and talk about drugs with us

... Oh woah you might actually be back in school now

Um hi good luck hope your days are going well!

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Spool apparently is going to be the first one to have his entire family posting in chat.

Trace on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    my wife applied at this place for a receptionist position

and they interviewed her and were like

nah instead we're going to offer you a clinical counselor position which is more money and responsibility, here take this labcoat we're going to fly you across the country for training

it's kind of mystifying

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Today Tim Schafer did a thing that makes me not feel bad for liking him.

Way to not be shitty, Tim Schafer

(He retweeted the latest Women vs Tropes in Video Games vid, angering many)

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

sry it's a fact of life

would not give it up

my parents only had enough money to send one of us to a good college. guess who won out there (bros had to get fin aid).

a natural upper hand in physical confrontations

no hand me downs

parents are way more excited/eager to do your "first"
    -first and only trip to Disney world my lil bros were too young to really enjoy it
    -parents wouldn't let younger bros do super competitive sports cuz they were burned out from all the travel and time involved with me
    -i got pushed a lot harder with music and academics which had positive returns

idk i can probs think of more

The downside is that I was expected to provide free babysitting services whenever. Something my younger siblings didn't have to do till I moved out. I also was expected to have dinner prepared and ready. I did end up with stricter rules but I got way better at not getting caught then my siblings did.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

... Hey, yeah. Cleric, [chat] is going out for cocktails. Can you babysit cB for us?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

@cB557‌ is 16 apparently.

I fee like his parents must not know what computers are because this place is definitely for mature audiences only.

spool32 on
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

like seriously guys, she's old enough to go to college, she's old enough to nope out of the thread. I'm not going to behave differently hanging out with my bros in here, and y'all shouldn't either.

:)

Plus dudes you all have to know she lurked for months beforehand

So she knows all about your various wiener and butt problems

And all the horrible things you've done with both, etc

I'm finally old enough to join the party. Plz don't stop partying because I have appeared.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options

$20, but is in brooklyn
    uggghh

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Fuckin' third, first, second child shit.

Ain't got time for that.

ONLY CHILD BITCHES.

Always the best. fyi hth.

one of my wife's friends was having a birthday party for their (at the time) 2 year old. he's an only child largely because they are a bit older and even getting pregnant with the one was a huge struggle.

an elderly lady there who i assume was one of the grandmothers was chatting the birthday boy up with super terrible questions, like, "wouldn't you like a baby sister?" "don't you get lonely?". she was doing this in direct earshot of the parents of course. i wanted to punch her in the face for them.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    first child is not beta tester child

first child is alpha tester child

second child is beta tester child, which is why they bitch so much about middle child shit

because third child is the gold release

I wish this were true. With 3 kids, I can tell you where alpha is right for kid one (maybe even pre-alpha), kids 2 and 3 are both definitely still in beta

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

$20, but is in brooklyn
    uggghh

i know, you'll actually have to come to civilization

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

@cB557‌ is 16 apparently.

I fee like his parents must not know what computers are because this place is definitely rated R.

16 is old enough to start learning how to drive.

They can start learning how to post in the chat thread too.

• Options
    I mean really.

Life is R rated.

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    Spool apparently is going to be the first one to have his entire family posting in chat.

There's a badger for that

This discussion has been closed.