As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Eve Online] A Space Empire of Tyranny and Dick Jokes

1141516171820»

• Options
    RanaVexRanaVex Registered User regular
    Thats why I asked for a source to copy from.

i24ljphx1z1q.jpg
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    That's it. I'm writing a fucking GRE level battery of questions for applicants. They will be soul crushingly hard and pull from the entire scope of the Penny Arcade universe.

If existing corp members were required to answer them they would fail.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    So I recently started playing EVE again. I've discovered that for some reason people still jetcan mine, and miners are still easy to bait. I've actually had my first set of tears today (new to me)...I'm not really sure if it's appropriate to post here but I have to say that things are more entertaining on this side of the fence (last time I tired EVE I just mined and got bored).

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    Have you tried suicide ganking yet, or are these the tears of ppl who are unable to cope with someone picking up something?

• Options
    Nah I haven't tried suicide ganking yet - I haven't had too really. Miners seem unusually helpful in giving me a Limited Engagement by attacking my Venture, as I RP a Caldari Municipal Authority thrash collector. I'd post the screenshots, it's safe for work and all that, I'm just not sure if it's ok to do that on these forums since it's kind of making fun of (anonymous) internet person.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Well, this thread is for MRCHI recruitment, but try posting in this thread and see what response you get :D

Lochiel on
  • Options
    Oh lol sorry...I forgot that their are two threads. :blush:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    Lochiel wrote: »
    Well, this thread is for MRCHI recruitment, but try posting in this thread and see what response you get :D

As of this moment, the last post in the linked thread should disabuse everyone of the notion that EVE threads are even remotely about being nice to people!

• Options
    Two days and several posts later, it is still true. The most recent post is pretty fantastic, and demonstrates how new players can get up to some hilarious hijinks either by baiting people (that guy doing the anti-space litter roleplay) or by straight up ganking them (Gorn, who moved on to being MRCHI's elite solo pvp wing).

• Options
    If anyone is interested in trying out EVE, today's humble bundle gets you 60 days of game time for $20. https://www.humblebundle.com/

Not the best deal, as a buddy trial account + $15 + a nice person* gets you 81 days of game time. But if you like giving money to charity or don't trust me, this is the next best thing.

*send me a PM for the buddy link, I give you a month of game time when you subscribe

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Woot! Broke my first 1 billion!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

Awesome! How'd you go about it?

• Options

Awesome! How'd you go about it?

By not playing. A lot. (PI and afktar)

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited May 2014
    UPDATE: 51 day accounts for 1 cent! TODAY ONLY (18 hours as of this post)!

Step 1: Create a trial account using this link: https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=f480d003-8150-44ca-8f63-b792592a078c&action=buddy
    Step 2. Purchase today's humble bundle for 1 cent: https://www.humblebundle.com/
    Step 3: Redeem your starter code here: https://secure.eveonline.com/Activation/

You should end up with a 51 day account. I don't think I get anything for you using my buddy link, but if I do I'll pass it on somehow.

You'll also get an implant that significantly speeds up your training for the first two weeks.
    By not playing. A lot. (PI and afktar)

Well done! Now you need to figure out a good way to actually play/lose it all.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm hoping to catch a Mrchi roam. Bring a Vagabond or something. Maybe a Loki. Always wanted to fly a Loki.

• Options
    Dear PA forum,

This could be you:

(2:20:41 PM) somme_426: i managed to gloriously lose a slasher.
    (2:40:35 PM) somme_426: oh hey i think i got my very first kill... mail? something is in my combat log.
    (2:46:44 PM) somme_426: not sure how to get the specifics, but i managed to get a shot in at an atron apparently.
    (2:51:06 PM) somme_426: i have also discovered that i did 11 of the 1200 damage
    (2:51:30 PM) somme_426: which makes my character's smugface at the top of the mail all the more delicious.

The smugface in question:
    JgBAuoE.png

Link to the killmail: eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=23631667
    Link to the lossmail: eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=23631666

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Can confirm that seeing my smugface on a killmail increased my desire to go on ops by approximately 115%.

Also, I haven't had to take advantage of this yet (although I did recently make a Good Financial Decision(TM) and spent all my space money on a Vexor Navy Issue) but people will literally figuratively throw money at you to fly things and get them blown up.

Also also, this game is gosh dang beautiful. The sights, the sounds, the charts and graphs, your capsule valiantly attempting to ram a battleship after your ship was blown up, it's all just a great atmosphere.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I'm looking to rejoin you dudes, Hruss Blunter will be lodging an application shortly

• Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    I just put in an application with my new character, Biggus Duckus. I've been in Merchi a few other times with different characters but those are sadly long gone.

• Options
    Today in why you should join MRCHI (also reviving this thread):
    (8:59:30 PM) temeron_hakoke: I feel obligated to drink when I am with this group. Its Awesome!

And he's only been here a couple weeks!

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I'm considering putting in another application, a nullsec homebase would benefit my explo quite a bit, all my shit is near dodixie anyway, so it's not too far to just boat it out to you guys, assuming you're still in VFK

• Options
    We have courier services for moving things, there's no need to worry about doing it yourself. Push or Red Frog to Jita, then Jita to 0.0 by one of our jump freighter people.

• Options
    Dear Penny Arcade forum readers:

I am putting together a new EVE recruitment post. Merch Industrial will also likely be doing some sort of recruitment drive soon-ish.

If you read this, either as a long-time poster or as a lurker, and have considered playing EVE or would consider playing EVE or have but don't currently play EVE, please post a reply or send me a PM (seriously, lurkers, make an account and post or send me a PM) with:

-things about EVE that you want to know;
    -the reason(s) you haven't tried or don't currently play EVE;
    -things that might convince you to try EVE;
    -the kinds of links/videos/songs/links/blogs/fanfiction*/etc that you'd be interested in.

Several of your future corpmates will be along soon to provide "encouragement".

Thanks!

*(please no)

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    fanfiction*

*(please no)

Please yes. Directorate slashfic is a proud tradition!

(Also, come join! We'll seriously get you bankrolled and trained to start!)

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Ok it's finally art time, I get it @Ellthiteren‌

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    Is the art going to have @Anehii‌ in it? Maybe utilize some choice WWII propaganda.

• Options
    grim sbgrim sb Registered User regular
    I'm "providing" artwork - which means it might happen in the next year... or 2 months - however long it takes to finish training for a space winnebago

• Options
    AnehiiAnehii Registered User regular
    Is the art going to have @Anehii‌ in it? Maybe utilize some choice WWII propaganda.

hahaha

• Options
    RanaVexRanaVex Registered User regular
    We have a forum where we post pictures of scantily clad women. Win, people join us. We lose ships on daily bases !

i24ljphx1z1q.jpg
  • Options
    IndieIncorporatedIndieIncorporated Southeast USARegistered User new member
    RanaVex wrote: »
    We have a forum where we post pictures of scantily clad women. Win, people join us. We lose ships on daily bases !
    Nudity and space explosions?

I want in.

• Options
    AnehiiAnehii Registered User regular

I want in.

Spy

• Options
    You two are making this thread too active, cut it out.

• Options
    We have a forum daily fleets where we post pictures of scantily clad women.

True, and scantily clad just about anything is probably available upon request.

Fleet chat links are basically russian roulette.

• Options
    IndieIncorporatedIndieIncorporated Southeast USARegistered User new member
    Anehii wrote: »

I want in.

Spy

no u

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Fleet chat links are basically russian roulette.

mlyp

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Isn't it more like 'scantily clad corgis'? :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I got my first pod kill last night. I was so pleased with myself. <3

It was high fives all 'round. Then I realised that I'd become a monster. And liked it.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    Isn't it more like 'scantily clad corgis'? :)

Only when random_corgi is on.