Options

Pop of the Charts

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    In my opinion, the best thing to happen to Taylor Swift, was inserting screaming goats into her music videos. I don't hate the girl, she's this generation's Mandy Moore, but the whole goat thing instantly made her songs that much more catchy because it's all I think about when her name comes up.

I giggle a lot at the goat remixes even the dub step goats which really pissed off someone I worked with because he is a fan of dub step

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I can't imagine not liking Shake it Off - it's so catchy.

And on the boy band front, my wife has gone to see New Kids on the Block at least 5 or 6 times in the past few years including a giant rain soaked show at Fenway.

You know how sometimes you realize you know lyrics to things you never should know because your parents/siblings/whoever listened to them? Yeah - I pretty much know their entire catalog now. I can file that next to my Barry Manilow knowledge my mother gave me.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

And on the boy band front, my wife has gone to see New Kids on the Block at least 5 or 6 times in the past few years including a giant rain soaked show at Fenway.

You know how sometimes you realize you know lyrics to things you never should know because your parents/siblings/whoever listened to them? Yeah - I pretty much know their entire catalog now. I can file that next to my Barry Manilow knowledge my mother gave me.

It is catchy

Its just extra empty on top of normal pop music empty

Also she raps and it might be the worst 20 seconds currently on the radio

remember when her rapping was a joke

that she was in on

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

It is catchy

Its just extra empty on top of normal pop music empty

Also she raps and it might be the worst 20 seconds currently on the radio

remember when her rapping was a joke

that she was in on

I'm pretty sure she still is, the entire song is about having fun and doing what you love even if you're bad at it, haters to the left

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have yet to hear shake it off
    I pretty like I said avoid pop music

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    that's not so much rap as it is "she talks vaguely to a beat" and then "cheerleader chanting"

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to Mandy Moore, anyways

I liked her on Scrubs

• Options

I liked her on Scrubs

She's been working on an album since 2010 apparently

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I liked her on Scrubs

She was in a movie called Saved with Macauley Culkin.

It's fun!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    She was also played Rapunzel in Tangled and she was in Because I Said So and she was in some episodes of Grey's Anatomy and she was in a lot of other stuff.

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Shake it Off isn't a great song. It's a fine Taylor Swift song, but if I am going to listen to some T-Swizzle it will not be that song (it will be that Trouble song).

signature.png

• Options
    Woah have we not mentioned charli xcx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPMlIIg_38

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I mentioned her at least twice!

• Options
    Oh I just didn't see it whoops

I like iggys stuff (questionable voice aside) but I like charli way more out of that duo

• Options
    It was literally the first thing I mentioned in this thread. On the first page.

signature.png

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I like Charli XCX but man do I hate Boom Clap

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPWcX-16A9Y

Yeah I'm not crazy about Boom Clap. This, on the other hand...

signature.png

• Options
    I like Boom Clap

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm going to feel so ancient the day Michael Jackson's title is changed to "King of Oldies"

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JohnHam wrote: »
    It was literally the first thing I mentioned in this thread. On the first page.

I mean I've got you on ignore soooo

(nope I just suck)

• Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    Marina and the Diamonds just released the first track of her new album.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BI_0HIz_4JY&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    I love Marina and the Diamonds

• Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    She's great! I hope that when she does a new tour she comes here again. The Electra Heart live show was awesome.

• Options
    I would love to see her live.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I'm going to feel so ancient the day Michael Jackson's title is changed to "King of Oldies"

led zep was called something classical by the Hunter in the Destiny live action commercial.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    that's not so much rap as it is "she talks vaguely to a beat" and then "cheerleader chanting"

ripped straight from Avril Lavigne circa 2007

• Options
    Shake it Off might be the worst song on the radio right now.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I like Boom Clap

I change it from boom-clap to butt-crack and my kids think it's hillarious.

• Options

I hate anaconda

I fucking hate it

I have heard the claims its femenism and like listen a lot of those are made by women and I'm a dude so my opinion isn't worth as much

but the first line is about fucking a dude cause he sells cocaine while she shakes her butt in my face

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

I hate anaconda

I fucking hate it

I have heard the claims its femenism and like listen a lot of those are made by women and I'm a dude so my opinion isn't worth as much

but the first line is about fucking a dude cause he sells cocaine while she shakes her butt in my face

to you, that's offensive

to me, it was tuesday

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular

I have it on good authority that it's a sick beat that you could've been getting down to.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

seems like a weird way to spell "all about that bass" but what do I know heh heh talk about owned

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    deliberately bad is still bad

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/9WnfoJ51Qhk

This is amazing. If you disagree you are wrong.

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular

doesn't the radio still play that song rude?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

But is it worse than "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    http://youtu.be/9WnfoJ51Qhk

This is amazing. If you disagree you are wrong.

gmcfosho needs to team up with the team from Turquoise Jeep records and take over the whole rap game.

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    RIYL: Robyn, generally pop music by women about being a robot/loner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soptpaMkJ34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSrktmE963I

• Options

doesn't the radio still play that song rude?

Jesus Christ that song is offensively bad.