As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    WuShock wrote: »
    I miss everyone.

The flying machines won't be rideable on the server (thanks to muddeh for helping me test), so I guess I should start another build. Suggestions? I'm kinda cathedraled out.

Always wanted to make a town or castle being attacked by Giant rock worms, any other giant monster.

The spice must flow.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    The server seems to be down. :x

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Not down for me, so maybe just not at the address you expect? Someone's been too busy to update the OP and thread title.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    I thought that was what we made?!?!?

Spawnington has neither a terrible hospital, nor a dockyards, nor a hattery. Quite unsettling when you think about it.

Also on the loop road there's a ravine nearby - that could make a terrible lethal mining setup.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I'm playing again! I'm wrapping up the job Mayabird helped me start.

Only 25 million blocks to go. :P

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Mayabird wrote: »

Spawnington has neither a terrible hospital, nor a dockyards, nor a hattery. Quite unsettling when you think about it.

Also on the loop road there's a ravine nearby - that could make a terrible lethal mining setup.

I always considered our tower part of Spawnington, but I guess not!

Enc on
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Damn, what are you trying to do, dig out the map?

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »

Damn, what are you trying to do, dig out the map?

I need a big ol' savannah between two mountains, and the structure I'm building is like 160x60 or something like that. It has been really difficult to find terrain matching those features. The best spot I've found requires a lot of excavating into the side of a really awesome mountain.

• Options

I always considered our tower part of Spawnington, but I guess not!

I thought that was a clock. It's a hospital?

Also @sarukun I can show up with my super picks again if you don't mind.

• Options
    My brother said the fortress I'm planning to build on the server was "too big"

He doesn't play Minecraft though so I forgave him.

• Options
    Who killed all the cows in the Beef Pit except one?

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Server is acting somewhat laggy (entity movement). Past experience indicates there may be a crash looming in the next few hours.

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Hello everyone. <3

Just checking in to see what people are up to.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I've been working on a project. It's a Airship Docking Tower (initially inspired by the one in Mistwood), connected by a high walkway to my base. I've got a general shape to the tower but I'm having some trouble with some all of the details on the faces of the tower. Since that's kind of a weakness of mine, I was wondering if anybody had any ideas or input.
    The tower:
    D7BLSer.png

From a lower angle:
    rF9jgxS.png

The Docking Section, at the top:
    IUSV0lN.png

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    The World Map is complete!
    Skc4QMZ.png
    There may be a few blank spots but the maps are all completed and mostly filled. The border goes out to 2250 in every direction, and there are 1.5 Ocean Monuments just outside of it, along with a Desert Temple.

• Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    ./me quietly expands the world borders again :P

• Options
    Do we have a Mushroom island on this map?

Has anyone found one?

• Options
    Do we have a Mushroom island on this map?

Has anyone found one?
    Yes! At least one! That light green island right above the most southwestern corner land! I think there's another, too, because I think there was one on the map in the early days before the expansion.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Finished the outside of Witherbleak in creative

I built three separate buildings to resemble a Wither, which sort of happened by accident.

Actually I still have to make the three buildings on top and finished the middle one. but the bottom structure is hopefully done. Unless I get some other spark of madness.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    Yep, the older mushroom biome is that big light green island north of the mesa continents and west of Victor's Fist.

• Options
    You gonna port that over to the server, Meta?

• Options
    Finished the outside of Witherbleak in creative

I built three separate buildings to resemble a Wither, which sort of happened by accident.

Actually I still have to make the three buildings on top and finished the middle one. but the bottom structure is hopefully done. Unless I get some other spark of madness.

That looks even bigger than my build.

Good luck.

• Options
    You gonna port that over to the server, Meta?

Yup, I've been flattening out an area in the South for about a week now. I want to say I'm close to finishing, but there are a few annoying hills in the way.

• Options
    I strongly recommend taking the time to farm a beacon first. Once you have one you can move it pretty easily and with haste breaking stone is like breaking sand with a crazy efficiency diamond shovel. I really feel the speed increase is worth the wither farming time.

It got so bad that when making adjustments to the clock-tower I would click the lightest possible and break about 8 blocks in a row (we turned it off soon after).

• Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    I started some town layout plans when the server first launched, and then life happened. It's not looking like I'll have time to play anytime soon, and it always used to annoy me when incomplete/crap builds were close to my lands. So if anyone finds my build area and wishes to destroy or modify it. Feel free

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    I found a @Twixxo‌ Head on an uninhabited island in the middle of the ocean. Does that mean the hunt for Twixxo Heads has gone mapwide?

• Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    rest in peace, proud FTB server
    you were cool times

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    I found a @Twixxo‌ Head on an uninhabited island in the middle of the ocean. Does that mean the hunt for Twixxo Heads has gone mapwide?

They may have gained sentience and started breeding. Someone make a Twixxo head farm and be sure not to give them roses past 12 o'clock .

• Options
    If anyone wasn't building in or around Spawnington due to a lack of hardened clay (the type that can be dyed), I've just put 14 and a bit stacks in the Donation Station. That's not counting the stacks of orange and red clay already in there.

• Options
    I have almost finished leveling the mountain

which is to say I have nearly gotten down to the base, where the mountain is many severals of times wider than it was tall and actually in terms of invested time, I'm maaaaybe halfway done, if that.

But, I have started shaping what will remain of the mountain, and it already looks kiiind of super cool.

• Options
    @grey @nuka‌

Any mods around? Looks like server could use a restart.

• Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    is the FTB server download available anywhere? I wanna continue my library project when I come in from work this next week, got the builder's itch

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey all!

I have some farm ideas I would like to tinker with in the End on Victor's Bounty. Of course, to do so, I need to get rid of that pesky dragon.

I have de-silverfished the Stronghold closest to me, activated the End portal, and built a connecting Nether portal in preparation.

I would like to kill it this weekend, Friday night, sometime between 10PM and 2AM EST. If anyone would like to come along and help pepper the dragon with arrows, let me know - the more the merrier. If anyone (or any mod) has a strong objection to me killing the dragon, please let me know that too.

Thanks!

EDIT PS - And a big shout out to Meta, who did an ender chest suixide run for me when I accidentally went through the portal with all my diamond armor on.

Vrtra Theory on
  • Options
    I for one would be up for slaying the Enderdragon with my Infinity Flame bow. Since there are villagers who sell Infinity books we could make more if anyone needs.

• Options
    toloveistorebel toloveistorebel Impressive. Most impressive. Central FLRegistered User regular
    I would also be up for some dragon slaying. I'll need to work on getting some diamond armor though. Just haven't worried about it yet. So Friday night around 10PM?

• Options
    I would also be up for some dragon slaying. I'll need to work on getting some diamond armor though. Just haven't worried about it yet. So Friday night around 10PM?

Works for me, we can start gearing up then! I do have plenty of Prot 4 diamond chestplates if you want one (but any other pieces and you're on your own).

I also have some of these to hand out for whoever wants one.

v0fe2h5g9ygk.png

• Options
    Oh yeah, golden apples would be much easier to make when you have a giant gold farm. Need me to bring any regular apples?

• Options
    toloveistorebel toloveistorebel Impressive. Most impressive. Central FLRegistered User regular
    Talked to notafish in game this morning and he'll be off work at 11 and then jet home to join. I'm fine with waiting till then and Vrtra seemed good with it as well. Should we plan on starting at 12am EST to make it easy for everyone?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    That'll work for me. One request though: before the slaying of the dragon, could the server get restarted? It's pretty laggy right now. Just sailing across the sea was giving me motion sickness with the stars jerking backwards all the time.

@nuka‌ @grey‌ @introp‌ Please admins, a restart?

Mayabird on
  • Options
    Well the Dragon is no longer! Maya, Vrtra and I took care of him in about 8 minutes tonight. We have the Egg!