Options

Paranoid Apple customer

ToldoToldo But actually,WeegianRegistered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm in college, and I'm getting a Macbook. The problem is, there are rumors of Apple launching a brand new Macbook in not so long. I just know that if I buy a Macbook at this point, they will announce the new models next week, leaving me in emotional ruin. Does anybody know if there is an upcoming Apple event, or if I should just go ahead and order it?

Oh, and don't persuade me into not getting a Macbook. We've had that discussion already.

Toldo on

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    They just released new ones a couple months back. But I would wait for the next OS version, due out this month before you buy.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    mastman wrote: »
    They just released new ones a couple months back. But I would wait for the next OS version, due out this month before you buy.

Do you think it will be pushed back, though? I haven't heard much about Leopard lately.

Toldo on
  • Options
    HlubockyHlubocky Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Leopard is supposed to release this month. There is usually an Apple announcement in January, so that is when I would expect laptop updates. The rumors are that they will be redesigned, since the last update was just a simple specs boost. Whether or not it is worth it to wait depends on what you need it for, your tolerance for 1st release hardware issues, whether you can wait, etc...

Hlubocky on
  • Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's already been pushed back once, to much ire. I really doubt(hope) that they will push it back again. The rumor mill is saying that between now and January there should be a few announcements. I wouldn't be surprised to see them release new Macbook Pros before January, but I'm kind of doubtful they'll release new Macbooks, or at the most they'll update the Macbooks specs but not do a design respec.

I'd go with, if you can wait, wait until the end of October.

FF on
    Huh...
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    There was quite a few differences this last update than just some basic spec boost. Not gonna go into detail, but really, other than the software (OS) and spec boost, there isn't much more than that which can be upgrade in updated units other than presentation of the unit. As far as I know the new MacBooks Pro's will have mostly the same specs, and maybe a slight change in appearance, but the specs will be mostly the same, minus the fact that I believe all the Pro's will be getting a much needed boost in hard drive size(some of the Macbooks as of the newest units have bigger disk space than the Pro's). I'd wait if not just for the added disk space, and leapord will be a great thing to have.

Topia on
  • Options
    HlubockyHlubocky Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Topia makes a good point. A lot of people were a little miffed at the last round of updates, but really there wasn't a whole lot they could do; the machine was already at the top end of the notebook spectrum. I'm not really sure what else they can pull out for this update, but there were rumors of some change in the touch pad...

Hlubocky on