As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me get sound from my desktop to my TV.

EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles.Portland, ORRegistered User regular
So, my living room's TV lies on the other side of a set of solid French double doors which coincidentally, my desktop computer sits on the other side of. I thought it'd be nice to be able to send movies from my desktop to the TV for convenient Hulu/Netflix/video watching. I plugged an HDMI cable from my Nvidia GTX 770 to the sound bar subwoofer which acts as a hub for all the inputs to the tv. I get video great, but no sound at all. The Sony amp shows up fine in my settings, but I can't get it to stream the sound. Including a couple of screenshots under the cut. Thanks!
63wge1xue199.jpg

• Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    Audio Setup HDMI = Sony AVAMP
    Sound Playback = Sony AVAMP
    Open up your sound task bar, expand it, make sure the volume is up for everything.
    Did you try that?

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    hsu wrote: »
    Audio Setup HDMI = Sony AVAMP
    Sound Playback = Sony AVAMP
    Open up your sound task bar, expand it, make sure the volume is up for everything.
    Did you try that?

Yes, the volumes are all up. That's like "Is it plugged in?".

• Options
    PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    Under the sound settings, there is currently a green check mark on "Speakers". Right click on the SONY AVAMP and choose "Make default sound device."

Or highlight and click "Set Default".

This will send sound over HDMI to the Sony AVAMP.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Pirusu wrote: »
    Under the sound settings, there is currently a green check mark on "Speakers". Right click on the SONY AVAMP and choose "Make default sound device."

Or highlight and click "Set Default".

This will send sound over HDMI to the Sony AVAMP.

I swear I did this before and nothing happened. Well, it works now! Thanks.