Options

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    That was almost really impressive by Sanchez

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What a pump fake.

• Options
    Oh cool, Brad Sham got a shoutout. He probably my favorite Dallas radio guy; keeps me sane whenever I have to make those 7 hour drives back from DFW on a Sunday.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Yay. Finals in the dynasty league. Thanks Buffalo.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    next week I will again keep my Bad Predictions crown

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    MVP for the Cowboys tonight was whoever that Fletcher dude is playing CB for Philly. God damn, it takes an impressive lack of skill to be the worst cornerback on the field on a night when Brandon Carr is playing for your opponent.

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    is it december? I believe it is

Yep, December, the month in which the 2014 Cowboys are 2-0 and terrible memes fall to the ground like Mark Sanchez passes.

• Options
    Dallas still has to win out to clinch a playoff spot because the NFC South is a pox. Ugh

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Yep, they might still miss the playoffs because the Eagles get to play the Turdskins and Little Giants, while the Cowboys have the Colts at home where the Cowboys are worse than they are on the road, heh.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    If Dallas loses to the Colts (highly possible) or Washington (who the fuck knows) they are out of the playoffs unless one of the following happens:

1) Philly loses to either Washington or the Giants. Basically Dallas has to finish with a higher record than Philly.

2) Either Detroit or Green bay or Seattle lose out. Detroit and Green Bay play each other in week 17, so that would mean that that whomever loses that game would also have to lose to their week 16 opponent (Chicago for Detroit, Tampa for Green Bay). This seems unlikely. Seattle has the hardest schedule with Arizona and St. Louis but are also probably not going to go 0-2.

So realistically Dallas has to win out in order to make the playoffs, otherwise it needs some help from some really bad teams like the Giants.

EDIT: Also, I guess Arizona clinched a playoff spot with Dallas's win tonight. Congratulations, now please go beat the Seahawks next week.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Yep, they just have to win out. I actually expect them to miss the playoffs because the Colts are good and beating the Skins on the road means they'd have gone 8-0 on the road this year which would be ridiculous. I guess we'll see.

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    Look, if there's anything that we (the Redskins) are good at, it's ruining things for the Cowboys and ourselves by fucking our draft position.

And then we probably decide to trade up to draft Jameis Winston.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So do the Niners wait to fire Harbaugh or is he gone tomorrow?

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Can we just cut the NFC South out of the play offs this year? Just give another team a bye and call it good. There is literally only one team who couldn't win the NFC South if they were in the division. I wanted the Saints to have a good chance at the division title this year, but not like this. Never like this.

This is a bad argument.

The entire AFC North is still in contention. And possibly for the same reason the bolded is true.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Giants aren't that bad of a team. They've played some really tough games against good opponents this year.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    in dallas' favor is that the colts don't have a huge amount to play for

because they've lost to both denver and new england they are locked in to the 3/4 seed unless one of those team loses out (and given that those teams schedules include the jets and oakland, that is unlikely)

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    So do the Niners wait to fire Harbaugh or is he gone tomorrow?
    They'll wait because they're under the delusion they can trade him.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    The Colts need to start playing better though. They've looked pretty weak in their last couple of games.

• Options
    They better hope he can play.

• Options
    Fffffffffuuuuuuuuck.

The injury isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things (should only miss one game at most and he carries the ball with his other hand) but it couldn't have come at a worse time. The Colts run defense is awful and abusing that to grind out a few eight minute drives is the only way I see us stopping Luck.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Colts don't really have anything to play for, do they? They secured a playoff birth, and even if they loose out are still probably going to have homefield advantage in the wildcard game. Finishing 12-4 instead of 11-5 or 10-6 makes no difference to them.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Colts are only one game behind Pats and Broncos. They're in contention for a bye week.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    According to ESPN's playoff thingy either the Pats or the Broncos would have to drop both of their next games for them to get the bye. The Pats play the Jets then Buffalo. Denver is against Cincci then the Raiders. Each might loose one of those games but I don't see either team losing BOTH.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    I like how that depending on how the Chiefs/Steelers game goes this week, it is practically inevitable that half the teams in the playoffs on the AFC side will all have come from the AFC North.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I think jon bois' real talent in breaking madden is picking the songs

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Stafford, stockpiling his good games for the playoffs. It's a bold strategy!

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Stafford, stockpiling his good games for the playoffs. It's a bold strategy!

Let's see if it pays off, Cotton.

• Options
    Assuming Murray misses next week that's going to fuck with a lot of fantasy football championship game.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Well this is a shitshow already.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    You mean people are watching this game?

• Options

The people at the game aren't even watching the game.

• Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

It was a punishment for committing war crimes.

• Options

The US doesn't believe in torture, Raijin.

• Options

The US doesn't believe in torture, Raijin.

Of course not *wink*

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Holy shit cutler you suck

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    This is one ugly damn football game.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    I'm down by 9 points. He's starting Ingram, I'm starting Stills. It could honestly go either way

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Hey

Cutler

Run the fucking play before they review a possible interception

Jesus Christmas

This discussion has been closed.