As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Holiday Webcomics!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    that art style almost looks like josh lesnick's stuff

but it doesn't feature anyone fucking and the coloring is way better

there's a joke about crwth in here but I can't quite get it

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

well count me out

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    can't you people get through ONE webcomic without fucking I mean seriously

you're fucking right now aren't you

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what to describe what I'm doing to the cutlery as

"worrisome" is all my therapist called it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Actually I am in the process of rearranging my internal organs and have sealed all of my orifices with waxy plugs for the duration and thus cannot fuck for some time

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Actually I am in the process of rearranging my internal organs and have sealed all of my orifices with waxy plugs for the duration and thus cannot fuck for some time

it sounds like you're fucking with yourself then

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    false positive being false positive, the witch is going to do something absolutely horrid to the little girl, aint she

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    20150108.jpg

It's hard to lie when everyone else is Bi-lingual and you're not.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

there's a joke about crwth in here but I can't quite get it

just like crwth, then

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I'm being extremely thorough and methodical with what I'm doing with myself thank you

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    guess what?

i love to commit the illegal act known as fucking

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    guess what?

i love to commit the illegal act known as fucking

crwth stop pretending like you know what that is and stop posting such filthy words

you dirty boy

• Options
    No no no, you've got it twisted up, murder is illegal, fucking is fine

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Hey wait what the fuck is going on there appears to be some sort of hideous pale sparsely haired upright ape in that beautiful wolfpersons comic

Hobnail on

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    What if you fuck someone to death?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    azith28 wrote: »
    What if you fuck someone to death?

Hah! Got another one boys!

Alright you sick twist I reccomend you just spread eagle on the floor and eat dirt while you wait for the MRAP to smash through your front door

Hobnail on

• Options
    Purely a hypothetical question of course.

• Options
    Hypothesise in an Iso-Cube, creep

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Seems like the most relevant place.

I still read the comics page in my newspaper, and the latest Dilbert arc is pissing me off more and more.
    Some ridiculously misogynistic undertones in every strip.

• Options
    Hey wait what the fuck is going on there appears to be some sort of hideous pale sparsely haired upright ape in that beautiful wolfpersons comic

I mean, Twokinds has humans.

They're just like... 10% of the cast.

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »

I still read the comics page in my newspaper, and the latest Dilbert arc is pissing me off more and more.

Isn't Scott Adams kind of a misogynist to begin with?
    Last week I picked up a copy of Your New Job Title is “Accomplice,” the latest in an endless stream of Dilbert compilations. Since I'm the kind of guy who always peruses the front matter, I took a minute to skim over the cartoonist's introduction. It contained a passage that took me by surprise:
    Eventually, corporate America excreted me. My bosses explained that I was unqualified for any sort of promotion because I had boring DNA and a scrotum. That's a true story, by the way. Reverse discrimination was a big thing in California in the nineties. And for what it's worth, that was not the first time my scrotum had caused me trouble.
    This seemed a slight departure from Adams's previous accounts of his departure from Pacific Bell. Consider, for example, what he told Inc. in 1996, a mere year after he received his walking papers:
    I'd told all of my bosses I would resign if they ever felt my costs exceeded my benefits. One of the benefits, of course, was the positive PR. I get interviewed often. Anyway, in the spring of 1995 I got a new boss, and I reiterated my offer to resign if asked. A few weeks later he asked. The reason given was budget constraints. I'm pretty sure it was a local management decision, not one from the top.

Adams gives no hint that he was cashiered because of genital deficiencies. Perhaps he was concealing the sexist policies that forced him out of corporate America and now feels that masculine empowerment has freed him to tell the whole truth. I rather doubt that. He has never been too tongue-tied to express himself on such matters in the past. Adams infamously compared women who espouse equal pay for equal work to children who beg for candy. His credentials as a men's rights advocate seem bright and shiny, buffed to a high and slightly belligerent gloss.

http://zenoferox.blogspot.ca/2013/06/scott-adams-changes-his-tune.html

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    God is an apple, therefore they are eating God

God's a PC.

Newer versions dramatically change the direction and feel leaving fans split on which to follow

But otherwise a reliable product that sticks with you for many years and is always there in a tight jam?

• Options
    qfaJImC.gif

Horsedogg maniac now and forever

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

I think the artist is better at drawing wolf people than humans though.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options

Last week I picked up a copy of Your New Job Title is “Accomplice,” the latest in an endless stream of Dilbert compilations. Since I'm the kind of guy who always peruses the front matter, I took a minute to skim over the cartoonist's introduction. It contained a passage that took me by surprise:
    Eventually, corporate America excreted me. My bosses explained that I was unqualified for any sort of promotion because I had boring DNA and a scrotum. That's a true story, by the way. Reverse discrimination was a big thing in California in the nineties. And for what it's worth, that was not the first time my scrotum had caused me trouble.
    This seemed a slight departure from Adams's previous accounts of his departure from Pacific Bell. Consider, for example, what he told Inc. in 1996, a mere year after he received his walking papers:
    I'd told all of my bosses I would resign if they ever felt my costs exceeded my benefits. One of the benefits, of course, was the positive PR. I get interviewed often. Anyway, in the spring of 1995 I got a new boss, and I reiterated my offer to resign if asked. A few weeks later he asked. The reason given was budget constraints. I'm pretty sure it was a local management decision, not one from the top.

Adams gives no hint that he was cashiered because of genital deficiencies. Perhaps he was concealing the sexist policies that forced him out of corporate America and now feels that masculine empowerment has freed him to tell the whole truth. I rather doubt that. He has never been too tongue-tied to express himself on such matters in the past. Adams infamously compared women who espouse equal pay for equal work to children who beg for candy. His credentials as a men's rights advocate seem bright and shiny, buffed to a high and slightly belligerent gloss.

Wow, never knew that.

SE++ showing me another person that is garbage.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

Wow, never knew that.

I knew he was pretty bad.
    But these ones are even worse.
    Short synopsis: Dilbert is into online dating, being swamped by women because he has a job and endless misogyny one-liners.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    After you people introduced me to Spinnerrette, I had to return the favor. Grrl is tolerable because the entire thing feels like a tabletop game.

I'm also jealous of the math that author came up with for all these powers and wish I had thought of it first.

Especially vehemic powers.

• Options

Wow, never knew that.

There was also this:
    The reality is that women are treated differently by society for exactly the same reason that children and the mentally handicapped are treated differently. It’s just easier this way for everyone. You don’t argue with a four-year old about why he shouldn’t eat candy for dinner. You don’t punch a mentally handicapped guy even if he punches you first. And you don’t argue when a women tells you she’s only making 80 cents to your dollar. It’s the path of least resistance. You save your energy for more important battles. -Scott Adams

• Options
    Jumping to conclusions arent you? Theres nothing in those two exerpts to suggest they both could have been true. the zenoferox article is full of a lot of 'perhaph' and 'maybe he feels' bullshit that has no place in an honest news article.

They also may have threatened to sue him if he continued to tell the truth about why he was let go (or asked to resign). Not saying its true or false, just saying, you seem quick to accept what accounts to be a personal opinion blog from a relative unknown source about a famous person.

• Options
    edited January 2015

Wow, never knew that.

This place ruined Michael Caine and Gary Oldman for me, and by ruin, I mean made me aware of their terribleness

Although that movie where Michael Caine plays an ex-SAS pensioner who goes on a rampage against some disadvantaged youths and explicitly uses techniques from his time in Ireland to kidnap and torture the one disadvantaged youth who was shown to be in an extremely abusive sexual relationship with an older drug dealer could've been a hint. It was like UKIP vs. slang and children

Hobnail on

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

I think the artist is better at drawing wolf people than humans though.

Yes, he absolutely is. Probably because most of his side art and commissions (when he does take them) are furry stuff.

I just adore the dumb expressions he gets out of animal faces.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Jumping to conclusions arent you? Theres nothing in those two exerpts to suggest they both could have been true. the zenoferox article is full of a lot of 'perhaph' and 'maybe he feels' bullshit that has no place in an honest news article.

They also may have threatened to sue him if he continued to tell the truth about why he was let go (or asked to resign). Not saying its true or false, just saying, you seem quick to accept what accounts to be a personal opinion blog from a relative unknown source about a famous person.

Or you could just read his official blog

http://dilbert.com/blog/entry/im_a_what/

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    But that would require azith not jumping at the chance to be terrible

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I would object to the benefit of doubt being giving to the Dilbert guy and also to describing him as famous

• Options

I don't really care if his stories are inconsistent, that really wasn't the point of that link. The direct quote where Scott Adams says he couldn't get promoted in corporate america because he was white and male is pretty hilarious, though.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to point out in the incredible irony of that particular blog post, where Scott Adams mocks MRA's in probably the most misogynist and sexist way possible.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    But that would require azith not jumping at the chance to be terrible

If we can handle a dude who comes up swinging hard every time somebody mentions what an atrocious piece of shit that Hatred game looks like, we can handle a Dilbert booster. A Dilhead. Dilbro.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    What's a white man gotta do to get made CEO around here????

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    What's a white man gotta do to get made CEO around here????

cue laugh track

Charlie Sheen mugs to the camera

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.