As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Barcoading Friends

willkillyaquickwillkillyaquick Registered User new member
I hope this is the proper place to post this.

I thought of a suggestion that might be very useful at PAX. How about an App that can be linked to your badge to a profile using a bar code that is printed on the badge that a Smart Phone could read? The bar code could be linked to an online profile that "could" but doesn't have to contain contact info for someone at PAX. A Smart Phone App could be used to scan the bar codes and store it so people at the event could exchange contact info. Even better is if they had a mistake on their information they could update it. Everyone they shared their contact info with would see the update.

Just a thought :biggrin:

Will

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've definitely seen that done at professional expos and conferences, but the only people that had barcode readers for that were the exhibitors/vendors at the show. I think the issue with that is that it would be too easy to scan someone without them noticing it.

Far easier to just print out cards with your own contact info on them if you want to share it, or even have a QR code you can print yourself that contains your contact info that you could keep in your pocket and only show to people you want to give contact info to. No need to have any special app or whatever for that, and keeps it pretty under control, and requires zero additional logistics from pax.

• Options
    willkillyaquickwillkillyaquick Registered User new member
    You mean like a business card. Does make sense to do that too. Just thought it'd be cool to have an Official PAX App that could read things like an QR code, get the data from online, and store it in your phone.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    well *like* a business card, but not a business card.