As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[vsoh] A revival ?

DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
Just curious if anyone is around still who used to play vanguard. I'm in mmo limbo and am thinking about getting back into playing this. Currently downloading again gonna give it a try and see what Soe has done to stream line things. I know they have added easier travel to all lands, along with bumping up droped / quested items. Seems like their first course of action was to increase stability and fps.

So just curious if anyone else was interested in trying it out again. If anything we could all start out with newbs and see how it goes. Just trying to gague interest.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Draeven on

• Options
    edited October 2007
    So, ive been playing vanguard for little under a week. I would definatly say that the game is more stable and with the optimizations they have put in its running much better, even on my Pos machine. Citys are still crushing on my fps but everyone has those problems.

I started over with a disciple and have him to lvl 11. Currently running through the darkhorse downs quest lines. Trying to locate some people to run some dungeons with. Haven't done anything with my 27 warrior just not sure if I want to get back into him since i barely remeber how he will work in combat. So far having a good time non the less.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hows the population? I remember how huge and barren the areas felt on the beta server during parts of the test, and I realize that Qalia and the other continent are fucking huge. Are there any groups to be found?

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    For the most part, qualia and the starting area for orcs and stuff seems to be a bit dead. of course the mainland with tursh village actualy the largest land mass has a ton of people. I think one of my main problems is i play during the day and not at night.
    for the times i play there seem to be plenty of people trying to find groups, the only problem is that a majority of them are lvl 20+. Supposidly in a couple months once they feel the game is to where it needs to be they will "re release" with a trial island area. I guess the raid people in game are pissed cause there isn't any lvl 50 raid content yet. I dont care that much, considering the sheer number of dungeons there are.

Draeven on

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd like to take a look and see how far the game has come along, but there's no way I'm going to re-activate my account for it. If you have a trial pass, and you don't mind hooking me up with one, I'll give it a whirl and see how it's doing.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I would had I baught the game retail, i downloaded my copy and never got a buddy key, sorry.

Draeven on